hmmmmm
4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Maxus 2010: Z,G,R32 invite?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Redlinemax Owner

Maxus 2010: Z,G,R32 invite?

Would you guys like to battle the z's g's and R32's at the track on track day? We would like to invite them to the Saturday event but want to see what you guys input is first. They would be parked totally separate from us and would not be in our race classes, except for in the grudge class. they would also only be able to do fun runs. Post your thoughts
Old 06-12-2010, 09:25 PM

looks like I am the first voter. I said no cause this is a Max meet and I am guessing that it has been traditionally. If we invite others, that also cuts down on all Max owners track time. I'm all for getting 20 runs in since I've never been on a strip. I can't wait to lose to all my fellow owners

Do they invite Maxs to their meets? not that I have seen. And in NYC, the G crowd don't seem to like to hang out with the NYC Maxs

This is our (maxs) meet, let's keep it that way
Old 06-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Redlinemax Owner

Originally Posted by k757
looks like I am the first voter. I said no cause this is a Max meet and I am guessing that it has been traditionally. If we invite others, that also cuts down on all Max owners track time. I'm all for getting 20 runs in since I've never been on a strip. I can't wait to lose to all my fellow owners

Do they invite Maxs to their meets? not that I have seen. And in NYC, the G crowd don't seem to like to hang out with the NYC Maxs

I understand what your saying but last year we had a shorter amount of time for track day and we could have run 50 times truly if you wanted to so the amount of runs wouldn't be an issue. however to make things a little more interesting we could start a friendly rivalry with those guys and beat the crap out of them on the track! I have spoken with a few people and they think it will be fun to play against them on the track. I have posted this in nyc forums also and so far they have a vote 10-2 for iit. but please guys post your opinions
Old 06-13-2010, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by k757

i would have 2 disagree. it would be a lot more fun 2 kick their asses. im almost certain they wouldn't see it coming. i love smoking their cocky asses and looking at their faces when they get beat.

around here people assume we cheat to win because maximas arent suppose to be that fast....wtf.....y arent maximas suppose to be fast??? is it because we have 4 doors????...doesnt make sense to me

So just invite them to the meet so they can get their feelings hurt and lets give something 2 talk about
Old 06-13-2010, 11:36 AM
You embarrass me.

I personally am attending Maxus to see Maximas and only Maxima.org member cars. If I wanted to see G, Z, and other Nissans run, I'd attend a Nissan restricted track event. Not to mention, when the cars enter the track parking lots / car show area, I'd hate to see G and Z cars mixed in the parking with the Maximas.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by zero2sixtyZ
I personally am attending Maxus to see Maximas and only Maxima.org member cars. If I wanted to see G, Z, and other Nissans run, I'd attend a Nissan restricted track event. Not to mention, when the cars enter the track parking lots / car show area, I'd hate to see G and Z cars mixed in the parking with the Maximas.
whoever is directing traffic at the track can easily point the G's,Z,s and any other non maxima/ I30/I35 to another side of the parking lot....it aint that hard
Old 06-13-2010, 04:44 PM

I would be ok for them to joint. Just park somewhere else not with us.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by datdude20
i would have 2 disagree. it would be a lot more fun 2 kick their asses. im almost certain they wouldn't see it coming. i love smoking their cocky asses and looking at their faces when they get beat.

around here people assume we cheat to win because maximas arent suppose to be that fast....wtf.....y arent maximas suppose to be fast??? is it because we have 4 doors????...doesnt make sense to me

So just invite them to the meet so they can get their feelings hurt and lets give something 2 talk about
+1

Even though Im one of the Z owners.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:02 PM
Play with my balls

I believe I would be up for a few runs.......
Old 06-14-2010, 09:36 AM
RedlineMax's Enforcer

I say invite the G's and Z's reason being is that every Maxus I have ever been to had something different which made me want to attend next year! I feel inviting the G's and Z's it give maxima owners that drag race or any other racing someone else to be competitive with other than the maxima world! At some point people are going to get tired of racing the same people over and over again and Maxus will get boring and fall off! This will make everyone step there game up for MAXUS 2011 and make the other clubs repect the true 4DSC.........
Old 06-14-2010, 11:36 AM

Heck no... as much as id love to whoop up on them, this is a traditional maxima event... we can always do start a tradition for maybe a two day track event with G's and Z's vs maxima's (though I'm sure we'd loose) but let's not ruin our maxus... keep the trophies in maxima forums not all over the internet world... I wanna go up against the people I talk to daily not some random guy from another forum... I vote No... I can see a decrease from maybe 5 runs to 1... **** that
Old 06-14-2010, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by zero2sixtyZ
This.

I love cars, most all cars. But this is a Maxima event. I'm not driving 6+ hours, paying for 2 hotel nights, and blowing off vacation time... just to see a parking lot of ground-scraping Z's. Having them totally defeats the point of the event, regardless of whether you race or not.

Please don't.

Last edited by Rochester; 06-14-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Got Retrofit?

My vote is no. Like zero2sixtyZ and Rochester, I'm attending to see and compete against Maximas, not other Nissans.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:24 PM

Say no to Z's and G's... a "scenic" ride only to see a bunch of Z's and G's... I'm out if they go so lemme know now
Old 06-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I would have to agree with all that said no. Like others have said, this is Maxus, our Maxima event. Most tracks now a days will have an exclusive Make event (Nissan in this case).

Like Rochester stated, I wouldn't have taken the time and money to come up and see Z's and G's and others. Don't get me wrong I love those cars but I am coming solely on the fact that it will be all Maximas.

I don't know if this is a financial idea, (Trust me, I know its expensive to rent a track out for a day) but if its not then I would strongly vote against it.

That's my two cents Corey! Oh and by the way I appreciate all the work that you have done to put this together and I am sure its going to be a great time for all.

--Paul
Old 06-14-2010, 06:27 PM

I am not going to be there, but if I were going I would say no. As long as it is a financially sound event having just Maxima's and I's, it doesn't seem to make sense to have other models. This isn't a Nissan event, is it?
Old 06-14-2010, 06:44 PM

If most people are so eager to battle z's I say you guys have a talk with they guys on my350Z and g35driver and set up a yearly battle, I'm sure its easier to rent a track if 3 forums was to fund for2 it... let's call it Max & I's vs G's and Z's (we can even start and interest poll on each forum and make this an annual east coast battle) mostly held from NY to MD.... as seeing that NY and MD have the faster maxima's in the country
Old 06-14-2010, 08:58 PM
You embarrass me.

Battle of the VQs might roll off the tongue easier, haha.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Redlinemax Owner

Ok guys NO Z or G invite!!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by all-power
I say invite the G's and Z's reason being is that every Maxus I have ever been to had something different which made me want to attend next year! I feel inviting the G's and Z's it give maxima owners that drag race or any other racing someone else to be competitive with other than the maxima world! At some point people are going to get tired of racing the same people over and over again and Maxus will get boring and fall off! This will make everyone step there game up for MAXUS 2011 and make the other clubs repect the true 4DSC.........
i agree.... but i figured all the slow cars would say no
Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
Heck no... as much as id love to whoop up on them, this is a traditional maxima event... we can always do start a tradition for maybe a two day track event with G's and Z's vs maxima's (though I'm sure we'd loose) but let's not ruin our maxus... keep the trophies in maxima forums not all over the internet world... I wanna go up against the people I talk to daily not some random guy from another forum... I vote No... I can see a decrease from maybe 5 runs to 1... **** that
what would they get trophies 4??? there are no trophies 4 the grudge class...its jus fun runs
Say no to Z's and G's... a "scenic" ride only to see a bunch of Z's and G's... I'm out if they go so lemme know now
THEY ARENT INVITED TO THE SCENIC CRUISE.... JUST THE TRACK DAY......MAN UP!!!!
Old 06-15-2010, 02:06 PM

BOOOOOO
Old 06-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

It looks like this matter is closed, but I'll add my $.02 anyway. I have no idea how the resources are lining up behind Maxus, but if there is serious concern about the track event causing a financial disaster, and inviting these guys would likely salvage that, then you got to do what you got to do.

I appreciate everyone's perspective - it would be my preference that it be limited to Maximas/I30s/I35s too - but that's easy to say when you've got no skin in the game. Losing a significant amount of personal money (Corey's or anyone else's) on this deal cannot be an option, even if it means one of several events is "less pure".

If the segregated parking guidelines Corey suggested are followed at the track, and the other Nissans aren't invited to the other events, it will still seem very much a Maxima event.

Finally, Corey mentioned Gs, Zs, and Skys, but has there been discussion about inviting our Altima cousins? They'd be less disruptive than the flashier cars.

Brian
Old 06-15-2010, 04:56 PM

The OP asked for opinions without that info. If it were otherwise, I can't imagine anybody denying the request, right?
Old 06-16-2010, 03:46 AM
Turbo 3.5

I say yes but keep the racing classes seperate and limit the number of entrys or run for the G and Z's

I mean at the local v-dub meets they vw, bmw, audi and porsche's there and not just jetta's

if done correctly it can work
Old 06-16-2010, 05:19 AM

If the come let them in, if anybody comes the should be allowed in, even if it is a honda owner because u will be surprised who appreciates what, but should they be sent an invite, No.

I was thinking about doing a Nissan(maxs vs Z/G vs S chassis) wars meet, here in NC but i just didnt have the time to plan it, i might try again in the fall when temps have dropped.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:22 PM
the org...not what it was

Do you even have a Maxima to drive to the event?

Originally Posted by Crusher103
If the come let them in, if anybody comes the should be allowed in, even if it is a honda owner because u will be surprised who appreciates what, but should they be sent an invite, No.
This.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:39 AM

If it was called NissanXus then it would fine. But this is Maxus and should be limited to just that. Its a traditional event... not a MEET. Plus there are many other track events this year in which there could battles between other Nissan/Infiniti makes and models.

Good call Corey.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:17 AM

this is my first maxus, i say lets keep it to the maximas/i30/i35s only.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:38 AM

As long as there is a nissan unlimited class saturday I'm good.