Maxus Archives Discussions From Past Maxus Meets

MAXUS 2010: post all of your complaints here!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Redlinemax Owner

MAXUS 2010: post all of your complaints here!

First of all, I must say that Maxus is an event to bring the people of Maxima.org together to have a good time, and to meet the people that they spoke to, and met through the org. I have been a member of the org since its inception and thought that I would do something nice for you guys in doing Maxus again this year. Doing Maxus has no benefits for me. I closed the doors of RedlineMax years ago because of the ungratefulness and uncouthness of some of the members on the org, however I enjoy the things that I do on a regular basis with DCMAX members and others on a regular basis, and the fact that I did 90% of Maxus 2009 and enjoyed it, hence the opportunity to make Maxus grow and become one of the biggest Nissan events in the country was my goal. To begin you guys must first understand that in the marketing arena, YOU ARE ****! Sponsors don’t want to do anything for you, companies don’t want to create product for you, and distributors don’t want to stock product for you. Why, because you don’t buy, you complain if you do, they see you as cheap, and you don’t bring the numbers that most other major clubs do., ie the Z clubs, Honda forums, Supra forums, there is no cohesiveness here. MY goal in this throughout the years has been that with the number of members that Maxima.org does actually have, was to make the Maximas a true player in the market. Maxus 2010 was all about just that. Bring MAXUS to the Largest Nissan market in the country and show a force in size that would allow anyone who threw Maxus ever again be able to get sponsors and a location easier and make this an event that the other clubs would recognize and want to be a part of. This would benefit everyone from the org you would get more members, which means more modding, which means more part availability, more sponsorship opportunities. However you guys did just what the market, including most maxima specific vendors, thought you would do in the first place. You didn’t show, you complained about everything, you didn’t want to spend money, should I continue……
I will go through the entire weekend from my point of view.

The Meet and Greet

The meet and greet is exactly that. It’s the time when everyone who is coming to the event meet at a specific place so that they can meet and hang out, the night before the main event, whether it was a drag event or track event (Dallas) or whatever. Yes I was late to the meet and greet but I sat in traffic for 7 hrs Instead of the 3 that it should have taken to get there., but no matter what I made sure that I had a Maxus staff member or 2 there for people to talk to if they wanted. My job was to get you a venue that you could all do as the thing said, MEET and GREET. The place was a nice sports bar that half of you decided that you would rather not walk away from your cars in the parking lot and have a good time in the bar itself. Even the bar management complained that they had made concessions for you guys and spent money on you that evening and no one came inside. People for some reason were waiting on me? WHY? Was I supposed to hold your hands and walk you inside so you could meet, hang out with your friendly org members? So the way it sits now, if I were to call that bar again to do something for you guys, the answer would be NO! Thanks! There was a complaint about the fact that there wasn’t meet and greet info posted earlier. You know why? We had a place from January called V-17 , look them up that place is hot!, however that place wanted 600. Just for a room for us to sit, and their racing was 25. Per person. In the end I had to cancel them and find a different location because sponsorship support was VERY low and I had to worry about losing the money out of my own pocket, if and when you guys didn’t show or participate. I am so glad I didn’t pick that place because just that would have happened.

The Track
First of all Yes, the track was in a remote location, yes the track was an hour away from the hotels. Anyone ever been to a MAXUS in DALLAS? Sometime when you do an event in a big city such as New York, you have to do things on the outskirts of the city because the city doesn’t have the venues to facilitate your event. In laymen, NEW YORK CITY has no racetrack. The closest track is Englishtown. Englishtown wants 20k or better before they will even speak to you and the other track which I can’t remember the name of wants 10k or better. So your only choice, which was a recommendation from an org member, was Island dragway. Island wanted a little more than 5k to rent out the track for the day. So, with the numbers that we were expecting, my thoughts were that for 20. Per person we would be able to cover the venue. Other clubs that rent tracks out for the day charge their members $100. Plus to make sure the venue is covered and don’t care how many people show up. I figured at $100. you people definitely wouldn’t show. **** you didn’t show for $20. One aZZhole org member had the nerve to complain about the entry fee of $20. Pp and when I was nice enough to let him in at 20. Per car, he asked my friend to hook him up and let him race for free. Ungrateful Bastard! Remember people this was done to benefit you, not me! However I put up the 5k out of my own pocket for you to have an event and another grand for a Dyno that you guys decided not to use. I am so glad that I cancelled the DJ , the company to do streaming video of the event, the Video gaming truck and the Inflateable Joust, because I would have been F’ed on that too! Then another dumb azz has the nerve to write on the org that its bad business practice to tell people how much you spent and so you should essentially let them run over you to let them in for the price they want. F- U! again I did this for your dumb azz this wasn’t a business venture.

The Car Show
I apologize completely for the car show. I had it totally organized with the categories and even the score sheets for the judges to score and turn in so that they could easily judge each car and have justification as to why they chose each car. They decided to do things their own way and F’ed up the entire thing. I asked them right before the awards presentation if they had all the choices together and they told me yes. I had no clue they F’ed up that bad. This looked bad on me, the organizer. So I truly apologize.

The Midnight run.
The Midnight run was something that was made for all of you to have a good time in the city. Yes I am a NEW YORKER, so I know about the traffic, I know about the police. This was not meant for people to get locked up and other things as ppl said. People drive through the city daily with modded cars, including some of you reading this, so what makes you think you would have gotten arrested on this run? As long as you guy drove and acted civilized there would be no reason for anything to happen to you. We went with 21 cars and had a blast. Again this is another thing that if ppl had showed, they would have had a great time and possible would have been noticed for. As for organizing it, we gave people directions on where they were going and a meetup spot if the got lost. When we found out that our initial plan would be messed up due to a 2 hr back up on the GW we fixed the issue and moved on. We had a great time. Most of the people stayed in the hotel parking lots and talked all night. Sorry if you didn’t show!

The Scenic Cruise.
The scenic cruise was pretty good; I had everything planned out as to where people were to go and what they were supposed to do when they go there. The leaders were changed right before the drive because a MAXUS staff member didn’t show, but they decided that they did not want to go where I told them, because they saw a police officer. People are we that scared of the police? If so then there are issues! Then they didn’t even go to see the statue of liberty like they were supposed to because the people didn’t want to leave their cars. WOW! Then they got lost on the way to the BBQ because a member need to get gas, the leader was being nice to help out got lost and they went of course. WOW! Notice: When you go to a scenic drive have gas in your car! I guess I’m to blame for that too.

Staff
It disappointed me that some of the staff didn’t show to the events that they were supposed to and had me run around with my head cut off to get it all done on my own, but it got done. I would like to thank DanNY and Big Daddy for really stepping up in the crunch to help out.

In the end, remember guys MAXUS is an event for Maxima.org members, not for anyone else. When I asked you guys to invite others, you told me no. So we left it with just our Maxima specific people but now I read on another forum that I don’t know how to promote an event, for real? That just means that the translation of what Maxus is and what it was supposed to be about has totally been lost. This event could only be what it is if you guys show up. This is YOUR Meet!! Otherwise I would have done an all out Nissan event and we would have had 5 times the number of cars, and instead of losing thousands of dollars to try and do something good for the Maxima.org community, I would have made a ton of money. So as you ***** and moan, figure out how you’re going to do it next year . Even though this one in my book is a somewhat failure because you guys didn’t show, I still organized the 2 largest Maxus Events ever. Lifes Short, Play hard or sit on your hands and b!tch, either way im going to enjoy mine!!

Last edited by Redmax; 06-28-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:45 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

I wasnt in nashville....

Old 06-28-2010, 11:57 AM

first time at maxus and I have to say it was ok.

Only grip I have is that it should have been stated when we were signing up about the 20 per person and not 20 per car like it stated on the sheets.

As for the car show all the cars that were in the show should have been together.

Dyno people stopped using beacuse the numbers they were getting. (i know it was hot so numbers are going to be different)

Also the announcers seemed like they did not know anything about us and why was there other cars there racing their trucks and mustangs and the other 2 muscle cars. If YOU rented the track then it should have been only us on the track.

Also vendors would have been nice. I know Cattman was there and he was talking to some members but what about a Nissan dealership just to show support for there own brand. (just a thought for future events)

Just my .02
Old 06-28-2010, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Redmax
First of all, I must say that Maxus is an event to bring the people of Maxima.org together to have a good time, and to meet the people that they spoke to, and met through the org. I have been a member of the org since its inception and thought that I would do something nice for you guys in doing Maxus again this year. Doing Maxus has no benefits for me. I closed the doors of RedlineMax years ago because of the ungratefulness and uncouthness of some of the members on the org, however I enjoy the things that I do on a regular basis with DCMAX members and others on a regular basis, and the fact that I did 90% of Maxus 2009 and enjoyed it, hence the opportunity to make Maxus grow and become one of the biggest Nissan events in the country was my goal. To begin you guys must first understand that in the marketing arena, YOU ARE ****! Sponsors don’t want to do anything for you, companies don’t want to create product for you, and distributors don’t want to stock product for you. Why, because you don’t buy, you complain if you do, they see you as cheap, and you don’t bring the numbers that most other major clubs do., ie the Z clubs, Honda forums, Supra forums, there is no cohesiveness here. MY goal in this throughout the years has been that with the number of members that Maxima.org does actually have, was to make the Maximas a true player in the market. Maxus 2010 was all about just that. Bring MAXUS to the Largest Nissan market in the country and show a force in size that would allow anyone who threw Maxus ever again be able to get sponsors and a location easier and make this an event that the other clubs would recognize and want to be a part of. This would benefit everyone from the org you would get more members, which means more modding, which means more part availability, more sponsorship opportunities. However you guys did just what the market, including most maxima specific vendors, thought you would do in the first place. You didn’t show, you complained about everything, you didn’t want to spend money, should I continue……
I will go through the entire weekend from my point of view.
The Meet and Greet
The meet and greet is exactly that. It’s the time when everyone who is coming to the event meet at a specific place so that they can meet and hang out, the night before the main event, whether it was a drag event or track event (Dallas) or whatever. Yes I was late to the meet and greet but I sat in traffic for 7 hrs Instead of the 3 that it should have taken to get there., but no matter what I made sure that I had a Maxus staff member or 2 there for people to talk to if they wanted. My job was to get you a venue that you could all do as the thing said, MEET and GREET. The place was a nice sports bar that half of you decided that you would rather not walk away from your cars in the parking lot and have a good time in the bar itself. Even the bar management complained that they had made concessions for you guys and spent money on you that evening and no one came inside. People for some reason were waiting on me? WHY? Was I supposed to hold your hands and walk you inside so you could meet, hang out with your friendly org members? So the way it sits now, if I were to call that bar again to do something for you guys, the answer would be NO! Thanks! There was a complaint about the fact that there wasn’t meet and greet info posted earlier. You know why? We had a place from January called V-17 , look them up that place is hot!, however that place wanted 600. Just for a room for us to sit, and their racing was 25. Per person. In the end I had to cancel them and find a different location because sponsorship support was VERY low and I had to worry about losing the money out of my own pocket, if and when you guys didn’t show or participate. I am so glad I didn’t pick that place because just that would have happened.

The Track
First of all Yes, the track was in a remote location, yes the track was an hour away from the hotels. Anyone ever been to a MAXUS in DALLAS? Sometime when you do an event in a big city such as New York, you have to do things on the outskirts of the city because the city doesn’t have the venues to facilitate your event. In laymen, NEW YORK CITY has no racetrack. The closest track is Englishtown. Englishtown wants 20k or better before they will even speak to you and the other track which I can’t remember the name of wants 10k or better. So your only choice, which was a recommendation from an org member, was Island dragway. Island wanted a little more than 5k to rent out the track for the day. So, with the numbers that we were expecting, my thoughts were that for 20. Per person we would be able to cover the venue. Other clubs that rent tracks out for the day charge their members $100. Plus to make sure the venue is covered and don’t care how many people show up. I figured at $100. you people definitely wouldn’t show. **** you didn’t show for $20. One aZZhole org member had the nerve to complain about the entry fee of $20. Pp and when I was nice enough to let him in at 20. Per car, he asked my friend to hook him up and let him race for free. Ungrateful Bastard! Remember people this was done to benefit you, not me! However I put up the 5k out of my own pocket for you to have an event and another grand for a Dyno that you guys decided not to use. I am so glad that I cancelled the DJ , the company to do streaming video of the event, the Video gaming truck and the Inflateable Joust, because I would have been F’ed on that too! Then another dumb azz has the nerve to write on the org that its bad business practice to tell people how much you spent and so you should essentially let them run over you to let them in for the price they want. F- U! again I did this for your dumb azz this wasn’t a business venture.
The Car Show
I apologize completely for the car show. I had it totally organized with the categories and even the score sheets for the judges to score and turn in so that they could easily judge each car and have justification as to why they chose each car. They decided to do things their own way and F’ed up the entire thing. I asked them right before the awards presentation if they had all the choices together and they told me yes. I had no clue they F’ed up that bad. This looked bad on me, the organizer. So I truly apologize.
The Midnight run.
The Midnight run was something that was made for all of you to have a good time in the city. Yes I am a NEW YORKER, so I know about the traffic, I know about the police. This was not meant for people to get locked up and other things as ppl said. People drive through the city daily with modded cars, including some of you reading this, so what makes you think you would have gotten arrested on this run? As long as you guy drove and acted civilized there would be no reason for anything to happen to you. We went with 21 cars and had a blast. Again this is another thing that if ppl had showed, they would have had a great time and possible would have been noticed for. As for organizing it, we gave people directions on where they were going and a meetup spot if the got lost. When we found out that our initial plan would be messed up due to a 2 hr back up on the GW we fixed the issue and moved on. We had a great time. Most of the people stayed in the hotel parking lots and talked all night. Sorry if you didn’t show!
The Scenic Cruise.
The scenic cruise was pretty good; I had everything planned out as to where people were to go and what they were supposed to do when they go there. The leaders were changed right before the drive because a MAXUS staff member didn’t show, but they decided that they did not want to go where I told them, because they saw a police officer. People are we that scared of the police? If so then there are issues! Then they didn’t even go to see the statue of liberty like they were supposed to because the people didn’t want to leave their cars. WOW! Then they got lost on the way to the BBQ because a member need to get gas, the leader was being nice to help out got lost and they went of course. WOW! Notice: When you go to a scenic drive have gas in your car! I guess I’m to blame for that too.
Staff
It disappointed me that some of the staff didn’t show to the events that they were supposed to and had me run around with my head cut off to get it all done on my own, but it got done. I would like to thank DanNY and Big Daddy for really stepping up in the crunch to help out.

In the end, remember guys MAXUS is an event for Maxima.org members, not for anyone else. When I asked you guys to invite others, you told me no. So we left it with just our Maxima specific people but now I read on another forum that I don’t know how to promote an event, for real? That just means that the translation of what Maxus is and what it was supposed to be about has totally been lost. This event could only be what it is if you guys show up. This is YOUR Meet!! Otherwise I would have done an all out Nissan event and we would have had 5 times the number of cars, and instead of losing thousands of dollars to try and do something good for the Maxima.org community, I would have made a ton of money. So as you ***** and moan, figure out how you’re going to do it next year . Even though this one in my book is a somewhat failure because you guys didn’t show, I still organized the 2 largest Maxus Events ever. Lifes Short, Play hard or sit on your hands and b!tch, either way im going to enjoy mine!!
i didnt even read all of it, but i agree that the people here is extremely ungreatful, i hope this doesnt discourage you from putting on another maxus as you know DCmax is behind you no matter what... i wonder why most ppl wasnt complaining on the day of the event instead of waiting til they got home, i am embarrased for all of maxima.org if this is how they act after all the hard work, i say you have one of them plan a maxus and see how far this gets, just throw events for DCmax and screw the rest, two can play the ungreatful game... again bro, i speak for all of DCmax and the few that took the time to enjoy the event vs all the stuck up lil bishes that finds everything to complain about, let them all complain and then ban em from all other maxus as im sure maxus 2010 could be the last one if they want... i apologize on the losers behalf even though im not complaining, but i understand how it is when you take the time out of your life to do something good for people you dont even know and could quite frankly give a **** about and all they can do is complain on your efforts, hopefully you continue all the great work as i appreciated this maxus like i did the one here in MD... thanks
Old 06-28-2010, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by 2kprlmax

Only grip I have is that it should have been stated when we were signing up about the 20 per person and not 20 per car like it stated on the sheets.

As for the car show all the cars that were in the show should have been together.

Dyno people stopped using beacuse the numbers they were getting. (i know it was hot so numbers are going to be different)

Also the announcers seemed like they did not know anything about us and why was there other cars there racing their trucks and mustangs and the other 2 muscle cars. If YOU rented the track then it should have been only us on the track.

Also vendors would have been nice. I know Cattman was there and he was talking to some members but what about a Nissan dealership just to show support for there own brand. (just a thought for future events)

Just my .02
the announcers did not know anything about us other than us renting out the track... they dont know your paint code, they dont know what year maxima you have, its just a regular day on the job for them.. again if that was the complain then it is very petty, all tracks charge per person hence why they never list that cause its the norm, if you went to a cas station for the first time ever do you think that the price listed for the gas is 2.88 for every car for the day and everybody who came to the gas station that day should split the cost??? no cause its a given, thats how tracks make money, you pay per person as if it was per car i wouldve said hell with racing as i know im not going to get a good time and park outside and ride with 10 people in one car
Old 06-28-2010, 12:13 PM

what did you run hustle....
Old 06-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Redlinemax Owner

Just my .02

As for the car show, all cars in the car show were parked on the left. Cars on the right were racing, cars that were just spectating were in the back. Big C parked all of the cars and did a good job. Some of the cars got mixed in later because people did what they wanted to do and not follow instructions.

Nissan Dealerships, I spoke to 6 of them , tracked them down for months calling every single day and in the end they all said F U. its not worth it! Actually you dont want to know their comments. Nissan North America said you were not big enough for them to care.

Yes I rented the track and was losing so much money that when the owner asked me if those 3 cars could run i told him to let them. The funny things is that people complain that they ran but they enjoyed the sight.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Just my .02
it would be...but with all the complaints and how the members on the forum is vendors don't want to deal w/ us. that's the plain truth.

Corey contacted the dealers...you think they would even consider coming out to show support for us? hells no b/c they know we're a dead market.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Redlinemax Owner

Grand Hustle, Thanks, I have already been asked to help with next year, and i have already declined!
Old 06-28-2010, 12:31 PM

i dont get the big deal about letting a few other cars run. Its not like it hurt anybody.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:34 PM

Grand Hustle, Thanks, I have already been asked to help with next year, and i have already declined!
lol i dont blame you. I agree with GHustle. I had fun and enjoyed running my car as much as I did. Got some great practice. Sucks people complain about dumb things. Guess everyone wanted a hotel in the parking lot of the track along with a 5 star meal for free.

thanks for letting me get back in the grudge match after i came back.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:36 PM

so maxus 2010 is most likely the last hope these girls got what they wanted... mind doing suttn next year like our usual RCP meet but like a MD vs NC or suttn like that, you know we are always in for the track event...
Old 06-28-2010, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by perkman87
what did you run hustle....
how many times am i going to answer mister paranormal activity???... 14.4 was my best
Old 06-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Bring it B*tch!

Location: Queenz, nYc CarClub: NYCMAXIMAS.ORG Website: www.ChinoX.net
Well saying sorry just doesn't cover it but will still say it...SORRY for ****ing up the car show...I'll take the full blame of that...and for the record cars for the show weren't just on the left...after we viewed what we thought were all the cars, there were still some more on the right

DanNY and BigDaddy def stepped up and did more that what was asked so I'll take the full hit on the ****ing up the show...

On a seperate note. I really did wish NYCM would've had a bigger presence as well but it is what it is, and I can ***** and complain about that too but won't change the outcome

I truly hope this isn't the last Maxus and I'm actually pretty sure it won't be.

This truly something that takes alot of planning and Corey did have his plate full, so WHOMEVER is stepping up to handle 2011 know that def not an easy event to put together and wish you much success for the year to come!
Old 06-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by ChinoX
Well saying sorry just doesn't cover it but will still say it...SORRY for ****ing up the car show...I'll take the full blame of that...and for the record cars for the show weren't just on the left...after we viewed what we thought were all the cars, there were still some more on the right

DanNY and BigDaddy def stepped up and did more that what was asked so I'll take the full hit on the ****ing up the show...

On a seperate note. I really did wish NYCM would've had a bigger presence as well but it is what it is, and I can ***** and complain about that too but won't change the outcome

I truly hope this isn't the last Maxus and I'm actually pretty sure it won't be.

This truly something that takes alot of planning and Corey did have his plate full, so WHOMEVER is stepping up to handle 2011 know that def not an easy event to put together and wish you much success for the year to come!
Please send Chino all the hate mails and spams.
PM me for his phone number so you can call him in the middle of the night and complain...JK
Dan
Old 06-28-2010, 12:56 PM

im sorry, i just dont see why anybody who helped in planning or what not is apologizing??? i really dont know why, if anything all these cry baby bishes should be apologizing to corey... people wanted to see grammy like performance out of the frigging award ceremony in which they didnt even win shyt!!! im extremely upset at how people are acting, i even like the fact that you guys may have called up someone by accident, made for funny jokes, but everybody was too stuck up, **** everybody who didnt like it and none of you owe anybody an apology, they dont like it then dont ever come again, ungreatful bastards
Old 06-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by tuko316
i dont get the big deal about letting a few other cars run. Its not like it hurt anybody.
b/c is something else to complain about.

someone bring out the whhaaaabulance!!
crusher i know you have a pic!
Old 06-28-2010, 12:58 PM

I hope this isn't the last maxus as well.. from what i read so far from others, the car show coulda/shoulda been better.. but all the other complaints im reading isn't the organizer's fault.. good job to everyone that planned this event because i know damn well 95% of the people complaining couldn't have done better, or even as good
Old 06-28-2010, 01:04 PM
nycnissans

At least somebody took their time to plan an event for you guys......just thank the man and keep it moving.

Great job Corey. Don't waste your time again. I remember telling you it would be though when you started planning. Maxima game is dead up here.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:09 PM

wow ....im spechless....i was mad at the fact that a alot of people aint show also

But another thing i wanna tackle REDMAX is when u mentioned inviting G's and Z's. I was with that idea 100% but people were crying about that. They were saying things like " THIS IS A MAXIMA MEET NOT A NISSAN MEET" or " ITS GONNA BE MORE 350z' and G35's than MAXIMAS"....wtf....People dont understand what went on behind close doors and how much money was spent out of your pocket. You shouldve went with your gut feeling and did what u needed 2 so u didnt lose 2 much of money
Old 06-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I would delete this thread immediately!! where do people get the right to complain when they themselves made 0 attempt to help plan the event, coordinate the show, parking etc etc. As ill state again as i did in all the other threads on all the other websites, i had a blast. anyone who is crying should really just keep to themselves...
big thanks to everyone once again, this was my first maxus, and without a maxima at that, but it was still a great time despite the heat and the NJ helmet law.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Blown

Thanks for putting every thing together Corey!! Lots of people are ungrateful and/or don't realize what work you and others have put in, much less the money you have to front in order to get something like this going.

Also thanks to Bobbie, DanNy, Chino, and Big Daddy. Those are the other people that I noticed that stepped up to the plate to help out.

My only real dissapointment in the whole weekend was that I made a 6 hour drive to go to a meet, that a lot of people commited to....and flaked. Props to everyone that showd that said they would.

Crazy2waytalkftw
Old 06-28-2010, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
so maxus 2010 is most likely the last hope these girls got what they wanted... mind doing suttn next year like our usual RCP meet but like a MD vs NC or suttn like that, you know we are always in for the track event...
I wouldnt be surprised if it was the last MAXUS.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by ajcool2
I wouldnt be surprised if it was the last MAXUS.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:53 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Folks, you can't please everyone...someone is always gonna find something to complain/biatch about...fact of life...some people aren't happy unless they are complaining, weather there is truly anything to complain about or not...

don't let these people stop you from putting together another maxus meet...I'm sure the other 99% of the people that attended the meet were pleased with the outcome..
Old 06-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by Greeny
Folks, you can't please everyone...someone is always gonna find something to complain/biatch about...fact of life...some people aren't happy unless they are complaining, weather there is truly anything to complain about or not...

don't let these people stop you from putting together another maxus meet...I'm sure the other 99% of the people that attended the meet were pleased with the outcome..
sounds like you want to plan the next maxus...
make sure we get a meal at the waffle house.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:03 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by DanNY
sounds like you want to plan the next maxus...
make sure we get a meal at the waffle house.
pfft...I don't have the time, knowledge or resources to put together something like this..

And now i want a waffle house texas cheese patty melt!

Old 06-28-2010, 02:34 PM

Greeny, there are like a gagillion waffle house's around here. Seriously there is one at every exit on every interstate
Old 06-28-2010, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
how many times am i going to answer mister paranormal activity???... 14.4 was my best
lol. not bad
Old 06-28-2010, 02:54 PM

I know how hard it is to plan an event, and from the pics I have seen It looks like you guys had a great time, I think some people just are looking for something too perfect. ITS A CAR MEET, YOU ENTERTAIN YOURSELF.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:57 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by tigersharkdude
Greeny, there are like a gagillion waffle house's around here. Seriously there is one at every exit on every interstate
ya, i've been through nashville a few times...
Old 06-28-2010, 03:02 PM

EVERYWHERE in middle tennessee there is a waffle house at every exit
Old 06-28-2010, 03:06 PM

WTF? Why yall getting tight for?I was,i think the first ones to ***** about this event.Since i was cought up with all the hype.I read the vendors coming in and posting up tents,some side shops and tons of max crews showing up.So,what i do?I tell all my friends am heading to this huge MAXIMA event and blow off my fam picnic and a BS wedding.Didnt care for the wedding since i could give two left ********* about the couple.But,this meant alot to me.If i knew the people getting this together were short on hands i would of tried to help.Dont know what i couldve done.But i wouldve.I DO realize this was alot to deal with and the NO SHOWS was a let down.I know yall that put this together did what yall could,but i also hear some bailed or fell short on their part.

I dont get why the **** u come in here and blow sum hot air cause someone is complaining? Dude,u need the complaints!!! Its ho u make **** work betta next time!!!!!If u ****ing ride a bike and neva fall off,u will never know how it feels to bust ur ***.So u wont know how to act when ur about to drop.Once u 1st drop,next time will be a lesser of a scare or pain due to knowing how to fall or barce ur self for it.Got me? On this Maxus,EVEN if it did good,u still need the bad feedback.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:11 PM

i will complain,since yall need to hear the bad.I thought when i would show up,i would see an event with mad vendor tents,some locals selling parts,maybe some members selling used parts.ALOT more cars,MUSIC blasting and tons of stuff like shirts,key chains,schedules or EVEN sum bootleggers selling ****.NOTHING like that.It was way too calm.Am not blaming those who put it together!We all ****ed up here.Since WE didnt show.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:15 PM

Reading some comments on the site makes me realize how ungrateful some people can be. Corey you did what you could. My only complaints were with the track workers/crappy turnout which you have absolutely no control over. If a good part of local Maxima.org/NYCMaximas don't want to show up, that's on them. What has happened here proves my personal point as to why I don't want to do anything for people.

If you do decide to ever do this again, I'd say branch it out to a huge Nissan/Infiniti event. Unfortunately, IMO, this came off as the death knell of Maxus. When the area with the most Maximas doesn't show up to said event, it's time to end it. There should be no MAXUS 2011 (unless it's far away from here). Time to start fresh.

On a side note, I apologize for not thanking you at the BBQ. So, yeah, thanks for everything. I had a great time.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:18 PM

well im repping my6thgen.org & me & a bunch of members from that org came through. The fact that we all got to chill & talk & laugh was great. Meeting ChinoX & cattman & a few others was great. The car show was fine although the awarding part got a bit confusing as we all know. I was called for 2nd plc for lightly modded 6thgen & right after2nd plc for heavily modded 6thgen. That i could careless about... i won something & that felt great.
all the ppl that *****ed abt w.e you had to really shouldnt cuz you dunno what ppl had to put out to get something like this going for us.

Ill say on behalf of the my6thgen.org fam.. thank you.

if anything, we saw this as a pre-meet for the east coast meet.

Thanks again for the trophy!!

-- the 1st 6.5gen with a lip!!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:19 PM

OMG,the people at that place seemed like they didnt want us there.They couldnt wait till the day was over
Old 06-28-2010, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by I3LaZeN
well im repping my6thgen.org & me & a bunch of members from that org came through. The fact that we all got to chill & talk & laugh was great. Meeting ChinoX & cattman & a few others was great. The car show was fine although the awarding part got a bit confusing as we all know. I was called for 2nd plc for lightly modded 6thgen & right after2nd plc for heavily modded 6thgen. That i could careless about... i won something & that felt great.
all the ppl that *****ed abt w.e you had to really shouldnt cuz you dunno what ppl had to put out to get something like this going for us.

Ill say on behalf of the my6thgen.org fam.. thank you.

if anything, we saw this as a pre-meet for the east coast meet.

Thanks again for the trophy!!

-- the 1st 6.5gen with a lip!!
OMG what a Lip *****!!! lol
Old 06-28-2010, 03:23 PM

chino, as far as cars being all over the place its not your fault. i specifically told everyone in the show to park over on the left hand side. if there were people on the right hand side thats there fault and their problem. following directions is the first key to success
Old 06-28-2010, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by BIG C
chino, as far as cars being all over the place its not your fault. i specifically told everyone in the show to park over on the left hand side. if there were people on the right hand side thats there fault and their problem. following directions is the first key to success
I got there aorund 1430/1500 and the guys with radios said park it anywhere aslong as u not staging.So,i parked where the trailers were.Am telling u,them cats didnt want us there.Maybe if we were driving mustangs or chevy they would treat us diff.The track scene was nice though.That did do it for me.Watching the blue and silver 5th gen,oh and the burgundy 5h gen too.They did their ****.Seen that 5th gen take down the boosted 350Z was nice

Last edited by sleepymax; 06-28-2010 at 03:29 PM.

Quick Reply: MAXUS 2010: post all of your complaints here!