Maxus Discuss the National Maxima Meeting

Maxus 2011 - CANCELLED

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 03:57 PM

Great work!!!! Is this going to be a racing event/show?
Old 09-01-2010, 04:33 PM
SCI

SOUNDS POPPIN ALREADY...

um...how long does it take to get from CT-Florida???
Old 09-01-2010, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by 1swtmax
Great work!!!! Is this going to be a racing event/show?
Saturday has two separate racing events and Sunday is the show event.

Originally Posted by SCI
SOUNDS POPPIN ALREADY...

um...how long does it take to get from CT-Florida???
19 hours 12 mins (based on Google Maps)
Old 09-02-2010, 11:25 AM
You embarrass me.

Randal, I want to give you props for stepping up to the plate and already delivering information / planning. Emailing you now.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Buyers beware, local pick up recommended. Slow to ship out items already paid for.

I plan on attending if all goes well. still early tho.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by zero2sixtyZ
Randal, I want to give you props for stepping up to the plate and already delivering information / planning. Emailing you now.
Thank you, I didn't hear back from the hotel... grrr.. so I'll have to either stop by or call them tomorrow to get them to confirm the cost/discount code for the group rate. (I'll check my email shortly).

Originally Posted by cwfalconfootbal
I plan on attending if all goes well. still early tho.
Early means you have time to save up, get the vacation time scheduled... see ya there.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:56 PM

Damn man, I got chills reading the list of events...It sounds like it's going to be a good time man...I hope I don't miss it...
Old 09-02-2010, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by MadMax07SL
Damn man, I got chills reading the list of events...It sounds like it's going to be a good time man...I hope I don't miss it...
Glad I could be of 'dis'service ...

On a side note: La Quinta Inn and Suites - 5621 Major Blvd, Orlando, Florida is the hotel location - HOWEVER - as this event is 'so far out' (as in future dated) they are having to submit the order for a group rate to corporate, so I'll have a code for everyone tomorrow to use to get a discount rate on the rooms. I had them set aside 30 rooms (20 are 2x double and 10 are 1x king) - however as we get reservations to 80% of that, I can request more in lots of 10 rooms.

This location is a NON-SMOKING (as you'll find many hotels in Florida are now) - so if you want to smoke, you'll have to go outside.

This location also has continental breakfast for all quest in the hotel. (us local folks will have to make due for food in the morning.)

More updates coming as soon as I get the information confirmed.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Buyers beware, local pick up recommended. Slow to ship out items already paid for.

Originally Posted by SiathLinux
Early means you have time to save up, get the vacation time scheduled... see ya there.
saving up would be key for me. i gotta put like an envelope that i just keep putting money in and start now. unless i can get a job but the past 3 years has proven tough. I wanna go tho...maxus is my only time away the past 2 years.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by cwfalconfootbal
saving up would be key for me. i gotta put like an envelope that i just keep putting money in and start now. unless i can get a job but the past 3 years has proven tough. I wanna go tho...maxus is my only time away the past 2 years.
I know times are still tough - I just took on a 2nd job in order to keep up with my bills, my kids school cost, and hopefully setting aside my own money to through into any 'weak' sponsored areas of Maxus.

So, yeah man, tack that envelope up and start tossing money in every chance you get...
Old 09-02-2010, 03:33 PM

It looks like its gonna be a great time. Im gonna be trying to request those days off of work so they can know a head of time. 90% chance of going to Maxus 2011.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by El_BoriMax
It looks like its gonna be a great time. Im gonna be trying to request those days off of work so they can know a head of time. 90% chance of going to Maxus 2011.
Those days are July - Friday (29), Saturday (30), and Sunday (31) - 2011.

And, Your close, so you should be able to drive up to Daytona on Friday easily.

Edit: - Davie to Orlando - 214 miles / 3 hours 37 minutes (via turnpike).
Davie to Daytona - 240 miles / 4 hours 3 minutes (via turnpike).
- Based on Google Maps.

Last edited by SiathLinux; 09-02-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:59 PM

Yeah I just took a trip on sunday night at 11:30pm to pick up my mother from orlando airport cuz she was stuck it took me about 6 hours to go and back. Thats one full tank going up and one to go back down on i95. I was going about 85mph all the way. I think I can handle it. It would have been nice if it was my birthday weekend in the 16 it would have been great but idc. Im down to go.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by El_BoriMax
Yeah I just took a trip on sunday night at 11:30pm to pick up my mother from orlando airport cuz she was stuck it took me about 6 hours to go and back. Thats one full tank going up and one to go back down on i95. I was going about 85mph all the way. I think I can handle it. It would have been nice if it was my birthday weekend in the 16 it would have been great but idc. Im down to go.
Glad to hear!
Old 09-03-2010, 01:32 PM

Thats a real nice looking itinerary.. and so early... wow... kudos.

I may have to make a hotel reserv... just in case...
Old 09-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Maxima.org Insomniac

I was going to wait and post this tomorrow - but I see the excitement building already.

Maxus 2011 – Maxima Exposure

Friday:

Daytona Beach, Florida - 10:00 AM til 6:30 PM. (As I know not everyone will arrive this early - this is an 'all day' sort of event, I suspect most will arrive starting around Noon, and continued till 6:30 PM when as a group we will head to the hotel).
“Meet N Greet Beach Bash”.

Daytona Beach, Florida and Orlando, Florida -
“Sunset Run”. (Drive from Daytona Beach to Orlando)

Orlando, Florida – 7:45/8:00 PM.
Hotel Check In. (Location TBA – Currently looking like La Quinta Inn is offering the best deal). please wait til conformation on this before booking rooms.

Saturday:

Orlando, Florida - 10:00 AM.
“Continental Divide” Breakfast.-

Orlando, Florida - 10:30 AM.
“Roll Out” (drive from Hotel to CFRC).

Orlando, Florida – 11:00 AM. - 4:00 PM.
“Road N Track” (AutoX and Road Course at CFRC).
(Central Florida Racing Complex – 201 Parcel Lane, Orlando, Florida 32824)

Orlando, Florida - 3:15 PM.
“Logan Run” (late lunch at Logan's Road House and Grill).
Logan's Road House – 3080 W. Sandlake Road, Orlando, Florida 32819

Orlando, Florida - “Highway to the Danger Zone” (drive from Logan's Roadhouse to OSW). - 4:45 p.m.

Orlando, Florida - “Racing Into the Darkness” - (racing at OSW).-6:00 PM.-12:00 Midnight.

Orlando Speed World – 19442 E. Colonial Drive (State Road 50), Orlando, Florida 32820

Orlando, Florida - “Ride On” (drive back to hotel) 12:00 Midnight.

Sunday:

Orlando, Florida - 10:00 AM
“Divided Continent” (Continental Breakfast at Hotel).

Orlando, Florida - 11:30 AM.
“The Road to Glory” (drive from Hotel to Show N Shine)

Orlando, Florida - 12:15 PM.-5:00 PM.
“Show N Shine BBQ” (Classed competition with an awards Ceremony followed by Catered BBQ).
(Central Florida Fairgrounds - 4603 West Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL 32808)

Orlando, Florida - 5:00 PM.
“Long Ride Home” - (final drive back to Hotel).

So there you have it - the plan for Maxus 2011 - Maxima Exposure.

I'll set up a thread here for Sponsors tomorrow - as I'll know more about which ones are already on-board for which event.

Are you dead set on CFRC as the track venue? Will this be an auto-x or a track event?

If you want with my help and the help of some of my track buddies we can try to get Daytona or Sebring raceway, I can possibly get a dozen advanced/instructor drivers from New England to those two venues. They won't be Maximas but we can fill the rosters. Sebring will possibly bring more because of its history in motorsports and more complicated track layout. Also Sebring is about an hour east of Orlando.

We could have a group of just Maximas, then an open group with advanced drivers.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by 98SEBlackMax
Are you dead set on CFRC as the track venue? Will this be an auto-x or a track event?

If you want with my help and the help of some of my track buddies we can try to get Daytona or Sebring raceway, I can possibly get a dozen advanced/instructor drivers from New England to those two venues. They won't be Maximas but we can fill the rosters. Sebring will possibly bring more because of its history in motorsports and more complicated track layout. Also Sebring is about an hour east of Orlando.

We could have a group of just Maximas, then an open group with advanced drivers.
I think Daytona International Speedway at that time of year would be cost prohibitive and Sebring is over an hour and 1/2 SOUTH from Orlando, via some of the worst roads I've driven.

The plan for CFRC is for the people to have a choice to AutoX or run a Roadcourse track - it is one of TWO racing venues set for Maxus 2011.

I would not be opposed to Daytona International Speedway, however I know it would be out of reach (cost wise) for many members, my thoughts were to make Maxus 2011 as affordable as possible, while keeping an 'oh wow' factor.

On a side Note: - La Quinta corporate emailed me, needing a few bits of information, which I promptly emailed back to them, just waiting on the 'group rate code' in order that members can start reserving rooms.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Maxima.org Insomniac

I think Daytona International Speedway at that time of year would be cost prohibitive and Sebring is over an hour and 1/2 SOUTH from Orlando, via some of the worst roads I've driven.

The plan for CFRC is for the people to have a choice to AutoX or run a Roadcourse track - it is one of TWO racing venues set for Maxus 2011.

I would not be opposed to Daytona International Speedway, however I know it would be out of reach (cost wise) for many members, my thoughts were to make Maxus 2011 as affordable as possible, while keeping an 'oh wow' factor.

On a side Note: - La Quinta corporate emailed me, needing a few bits of information, which I promptly emailed back to them, just waiting on the 'group rate code' in order that members can start reserving rooms.
Ok I quickly glanced at the map of Florida and saw Sebring being somewhat central. So what is a bad road in FL? If you haven't been to New England or NYC come up here, there are 6" deep pot holes on major roads up here. There is a reason why I only have a 0.5" drop on my coilover suspension.

I heard CFRC is ok but either Sebring or Daytona would definitly be an experience. We could have a Maxima only run group and to defray the cost we could put out invites, I know from the NE if I give people enough time I could get over a dozen to trailer their cars down to either of those two tracks. Rough cost would be around $200~$400 per person, which is pricey for some; but not bad considering the venue. I think a photo of 20 or so Maximas staged on the starting grid of Daytona/Sebring will almost be worth the trouble.

Regardless I have some business to attend down in FL sometime next year so I can schedule that into this trip along with Maxus.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:09 PM

Good work on making this a Florida location next year, maybe we can get some of the guys to come up for this.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Maxima.org Insomniac

True the event is already very well organized and stuff is being setup so early. Think this is a new record for any Maxus.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:09 PM

Wow very impressed with the progress and planning for this. No way my car would make the drive but some of us 6th gen's from the Northeast are thinking of driving to VA and then taking the auto train down.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:21 PM

Ok I quickly glanced at the map of Florida and saw Sebring being somewhat central. So what is a bad road in FL? If you haven't been to New England or NYC come up here, there are 6" deep pot holes on major roads up here. There is a reason why I only have a 0.5" drop on my coilover suspension.

I heard CFRC is ok but either Sebring or Daytona would definitly be an experience. We could have a Maxima only run group and to defray the cost we could put out invites, I know from the NE if I give people enough time I could get over a dozen to trailer their cars down to either of those two tracks. Rough cost would be around $200~$400 per person, which is pricey for some; but not bad considering the venue. I think a photo of 20 or so Maximas staged on the starting grid of Daytona/Sebring will almost be worth the trouble.

Regardless I have some business to attend down in FL sometime next year so I can schedule that into this trip along with Maxus.
The bad road in this particular case is 27... it's a trucking route for produce, and poorly maintained, I tore up two NON LOWERED cars on that road as I used to have to drive to Sebring once a month for a job I had. -

With my current 'schedule' of events, with proper sponsorship most events will have minimal cost per member. With CFRC, they have actually 3 things that can happen at the SAME time - an AutoX, a Road Course, AND they have go-carts (and I've watched them - they are FAST.)

The Drag Racing is at OSW - Orlando Speed World - which is an NRHA/IHRA rated track - it has a good surface, nice burnout space, and the usual overprice bad food (which is why I planned on LUNCH between CFRC and OSW events.).

Originally Posted by gtr_rider
Good work on making this a Florida location next year, maybe we can get some of the guys to come up for this.
True the event is already very well organized and stuff is being setup so early. Think this is a new record for any Maxus.
Thank you, I did work very hard in order to have this be one of the most memorable Maxus ever.
The overall plan was set before DanNY would approve it - as Florida is 'untested' waters for Maxus. -

Originally Posted by Mystery
Wow very impressed with the progress and planning for this. No way my car would make the drive but some of us 6th gen's from the Northeast are thinking of driving to VA and then taking the auto train down.
I have to wonder if you could get a 'group' rate with Amtrack's AutoTrain if several of you planned for that method to get to Florida.

For those taking the AutoTrain - let me know VIA the email maxus2011@live.com in order that I can have someone at the station meet you to lead you as a group out to Daytona for the Meet N Greet.

For those that choose to FLY - please let me know VIA the maxus2011@live.com email - in order that I can arrange transportation for you from the airport - I will need to know also if your flying into Orlando International Airport (OIA), or if your flying into Sanford Regional Airport (SRA)

Anyone wishing to help with Maxus 2011 - either as a guide, can pick up people at the airport, or wish to help with any particular event - please let me know via private message here.

I'm holding off on creating the Sponsor Maxus 2011 thread for a few days, as the holiday weekend means I'm not getting some of the responses back just yet.

Thanks again everyone - I hope all of you will enjoy Maxus 2011 - Maxima Exposure - Central Florida.

edit: fixed spelling error on Email link.

Last edited by SiathLinux; 09-04-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:41 PM

Yeah like Mystery I'm seriously considering the auto train on this one....
Old 09-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Love my '09

Hard for me to say if I'll be there, but it IS just right next door. I'll do my best to finally make one!
Old 09-04-2010, 08:06 PM

you also have the option to run the 1/8th mile at CFRC as well, its no extra charge once your in. I went to a Dub/Audi event there last December and ppl were running auto-X, road course and 1/8th so there is a lot to do. however, i know most maxima ppl prefer the 1/4 mile, as do i.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:35 PM

This sucks why can't we have these in the middle of the country at least further West???
Old 09-04-2010, 10:42 PM

Only thing that may be a little iffy about the auto train is the 4 inch clearance, thats going to be cutting it close.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:09 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Can't wait should be an amazing time!
Old 09-05-2010, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by DarienA
Yeah like Mystery I'm seriously considering the auto train on this one....
Cool, can't wait to see you there.

Originally Posted by Compusmurf
Hard for me to say if I'll be there, but it IS just right next door. I'll do my best to finally make one!
You've no excuse to not be there man! - Seriously.

Originally Posted by Redline Maxima
you also have the option to run the 1/8th mile at CFRC as well, its no extra charge once your in. I went to a Dub/Audi event there last December and ppl were running auto-X, road course and 1/8th so there is a lot to do. however, i know most maxima ppl prefer the 1/4 mile, as do i.
The road course and the 1/8th mile 'share' track space - so if the Road Course is open then the 1/8th mile isn't. - but that is why we have a separate 'drag racing' event at OSW.

Originally Posted by MaxLoverAz
This sucks why can't we have these in the middle of the country at least further West???
This Maxus is in Florida, because that is where I'm located, I stepped up, did the planning, made the calls, sent the emails, and have spent countless time waiting to meet track officials, waiting on hold with the hotel, and working to make sure this Maxus is a success.

I know that there have been Maxus events in the middle of the country before. I don't know how they went, but I'm sure those that went had a good time.

Originally Posted by Mystery
Only thing that may be a little iffy about the auto train is the 4 inch clearance, thats going to be cutting it close.
4" of UNDER car clearance? hmm...

Originally Posted by lake29
Can't wait should be an amazing time!
I think it will be a great time.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:04 AM

Hmm I might be able to make this one , hopefully I can have the car ready by then..

what month is it ? or that hasnt been set ?
Old 09-06-2010, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1
Hmm I might be able to make this one , hopefully I can have the car ready by then..

what month is it ? or that hasnt been set ?
July 29, 30, 31 of 2011 -

FYI - DO NOT BOOK a HOTEL yet --- as I'll be setting up a group deal at a good/low cost hotel (a nice hotel that's not overpriced)...

Much more info will be up tomorrow - a web site for Maxus 2011 is already in the works.
Post #37
Old 09-06-2010, 01:12 PM

$338 for a round trip to florida from Oklahoma.... Thinking about it
Old 09-06-2010, 01:17 PM

missed it......but i wanna go to Maximus
Old 09-06-2010, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by tookrzy4u192
$338 for a round trip to florida from Oklahoma.... Thinking about it
Not bad... let me know your flight and such so I can have someone grab you from the airport.

Originally Posted by ed_maxima14
missed it......but i wanna go to Maximus
Missed it? - it's NEXT year. -
Old 09-06-2010, 02:29 PM
My axles cry for mercy...

Ill be there for sure.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:50 PM

Not bad... let me know your flight and such so I can have someone grab you from the airport.
Will do if I decide to go, still really far away to tell.. I'll get in touch with members that are going and let you know if I need anything
Old 09-06-2010, 02:57 PM

Can't wait. I will be there in either the Maxima or the replacement car...

Randall, if you need any help let me know. I also know some people from alot of the local racing shops and can get them to help out possibly... One of the guys I talked to was also willing to host a Dyno day for a reasonable price..
Old 09-06-2010, 03:04 PM
My axles cry for mercy...

Are there usually name tags at maxus? I know a bunch of peoples names already, but I'm the worst with names. You'll tell me your name 5 times and I'll still forget it.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by essential1
Are there usually name tags at maxus? I know a bunch of peoples names already, but I'm the worst with names. You'll tell me your name 5 times and I'll still forget it.

Me too... We should have name tags with real name and then Org name.. Cause real names will not mean anything at times..
Old 09-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

gents...
- why is it not (insert state location here)?
--because you or no one local to you stepped up to host.

- why is it at (insert location of venue)?
--because randy is local to the area and he feels that it's in the best interest of the group to have it at those specific locations. this is a maxima event...it would be a sorry sight to see other invitees show up with more cars than maximas at a maxima event...get it?

-missed it?
--this is a 2011 event. either you need to update your calendar or you need to stop doing those drugs.

thank you all for your suggestions and/or input but please rest assure randy has it under control.

Dan

Quick Reply: Maxus 2011 - CANCELLED