Maxus Discuss the National Maxima Meeting

Maxus 2011 - CANCELLED

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 06:52 AM

Instead of a track event, why not a more cost effective alternative such as an autocross? It wouldn't be hard to find a spot for that, since most cities already have regular autocross events.

Location it seems from reading up on posts is that some people are willing to travel, some are not. Instead of just one Maxus, what about an east cost Maxus and a west coast Maxus. That way no one is "left out". Just my 0.02 (two cents)
Old 07-11-2011, 06:53 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by phatboislim
So Maxus IS a 'meet' with a track, that was the concept when the Maxus meet was thought up? IF thats teh case, then negate what i'm saying, but if there is another failed Maxus meet next year, not hoping on it, just saying, then Maxus may indeed be dead in teh water. I cant say that it wouldnt be a fantastic meet with being at a track/road course, but if Maxus dies......is it worth it to die over just not having a track? like i mentioned, it could be arranged around the time that a track/road course is open and everyone pay their way in at a discounted price due to a large group of us coming in...that way, the money is not dependent on one person, its dispursed (sp?), properly, among everyone coming
a track is not a requirement...BUT...you need something to bring people in.
people are not going to drive for hours to hang out and then go home.
give these people an incentive to come out.

if it's just going to be a hangout meet then i rather we don't have a MAXUS and just let it die b/c doing it half arsed...might as well do nothing at all.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:57 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by T_Behr904
Instead of a track event, why not a more cost effective alternative such as an autocross? It wouldn't be hard to find a spot for that, since most cities already have regular autocross events.

Location it seems from reading up on posts is that some people are willing to travel, some are not. Instead of just one Maxus, what about an east cost Maxus and a west coast Maxus. That way no one is "left out". Just my 0.02 (two cents)
i'm all for autocross track. who's going to pay for the insurance? you don't want to crash a SCCA event either.

we can barely get ONE going...i'm all for alternating locations every year...but more than one in the same year...ummm i don't think that's a good idea.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by DanNY
a track is not a requirement...BUT...you need something to bring people in.
people are not going to drive for hours to hang out and then go home.
give these people an incentive to come out.

if it's just going to be a hangout meet then i rather we don't have a MAXUS and just let it die b/c doing it half arsed...might as well do nothing at all.
i'm all for autocross track. who's going to pay for the insurance? you don't want to crash a SCCA event either.

we can barely get ONE going...i'm all for alternating locations every year...but more than one in the same year...ummm i don't think that's a good idea.
like i mentioned it could be arranged around the time when a track (1/4 track/road course) is opened and each person pay their individual fees...probably try to find a sponser, but i mean, other than that, instead of always relying on one person to foot the bill, in these hard economic times, to ease the stress on one person, let each person pay for their individual entrance fee. get a discounted price via code/coupon etc and go in. thats what i'm saying. i dont think that'd be a half assed Maxus meet, personally

i dont know whats involved in a autocross meet and getting it put together so i cant comment on that
Old 07-11-2011, 08:09 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

like i mentioned it could be arranged around the time when a track (1/4 track/road course) is opened and each person pay their individual fees...probably try to find a sponser, but i mean, other than that, instead of always relying on one person to foot the bill, in these hard economic times, to ease the stress on one person, let each person pay for their individual entrance fee. get a discounted price via code/coupon etc and go in. thats what i'm saying. i dont think that'd be a half assed Maxus meet, personally

i dont know whats involved in a autocross meet and getting it put together so i cant comment on that
it sounded good until i read "each person pay their individual fees".
probably try to find a sponsor doesn't sound all that convincing.

ANY large event you'll need to have insurance. that cost $.
AutoX track...sure you'll need to reserve a day when the track is avail. unless it's in the winter the track is usually booked by another group or a group that usually runs it. to reserve it you'll need to put some $ to reserve it. NOW...if you have low turn out that's great but if you're charging people you'll never get see that money back again. if you have a huge turn out you might have to turn people away OR people won't get to run after paying..that mean you'll get PO'ed members that will complain. generally maxima people will just rather hang out and watch while you'll have a handful that will actually run/participate.

it's real easy to sit there and just ramble off some ideas and say "oh it's easy to do this and that" but when it comes down to it you'll see there's more to it than to just get a place.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:23 AM

it sounded good until i read "each person pay their individual fees".
probably try to find a sponsor doesn't sound all that convincing.

ANY large event you'll need to have insurance. that cost $.
AutoX track...sure you'll need to reserve a day when the track is avail. unless it's in the winter the track is usually booked by another group or a group that usually runs it. to reserve it you'll need to put some $ to reserve it. NOW...if you have low turn out that's great but if you're charging people you'll never get see that money back again. if you have a huge turn out you might have to turn people away OR people won't get to run after paying..that mean you'll get PO'ed members that will complain. generally maxima people will just rather hang out and watch while you'll have a handful that will actually run/participate.

it's real easy to sit there and just ramble off some ideas and say "oh it's easy to do this and that" but when it comes down to it you'll see there's more to it than to just get a place.
thats true, but the reason why i mentioned mainly at a 1/4mile track is because insurance wouldnt be such an issue..amirite? i mean..each person paying their way is a way better option than putting all the stress on one person, thats the aspect i'm getting at...putting it all on one person sounds good to the selfish man who just takes takes takes, but to a person like myself, i hate seeing people have to take on responsibility when it can easily be divided up...maybe have money sent to secure a spot..something...i mean..i'm just rummaging through ideas to try to help make this thing work for ALL so that one person wont get burnt out, as what happened in this last failed attempt at Maxus...options need to be on the table.

i'm not saying any of this is easy, i'm saying its easier...the same person you are asking to arrange is the same person you're asking to pull out money out of their own pocket....i know it has to be stressful to get this sort of thing going. i believe designating certain responsibilites across the board to obtain one final situation, is the best way...having maybe a Maxus 'president, VP, etc etc' then whereever its held, designate someone in that area, thats willing to locate places, scout good places for the meet etc and report back to others. something of that sort.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:04 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

thats true, but the reason why i mentioned mainly at a 1/4mile track is because insurance wouldnt be such an issue..amirite? i mean..each person paying their way is a way better option than putting all the stress on one person, thats the aspect i'm getting at...putting it all on one person sounds good to the selfish man who just takes takes takes, but to a person like myself, i hate seeing people have to take on responsibility when it can easily be divided up...maybe have money sent to secure a spot..something...i mean..i'm just rummaging through ideas to try to help make this thing work for ALL so that one person wont get burnt out, as what happened in this last failed attempt at Maxus...options need to be on the table.

i'm not saying any of this is easy, i'm saying its easier...the same person you are asking to arrange is the same person you're asking to pull out money out of their own pocket....i know it has to be stressful to get this sort of thing going. i believe designating certain responsibilites across the board to obtain one final situation, is the best way...having maybe a Maxus 'president, VP, etc etc' then whereever its held, designate someone in that area, thats willing to locate places, scout good places for the meet etc and report back to others. something of that sort.
even more insurance needed for the 1/4 mile. if you don't do it the track will want you to get it. otherwise the track will get the insurance and charge you.

if there's one person running it then there's one point of contact. one person that's in charge. otherwise everyone will want different things and it will go all over the place. trust me...there's a lot more than goes on behind the scenes than you think.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:10 AM

i was just trying to help make things work better for the next man/next Maxus. i'm not enforcing my ideas, but it is what it is. ill just keep my eyes open for when the next one is and try to attend
Old 07-11-2011, 11:07 AM

i thought this forum is 4 maxima enthusiast who love there cars....to come here n talk bout wut they did to they car wut they are goin to with the car...i think thats all that matters i would take a drive just meet sum of these genius and there sexc *** cars....could care less bout a autocross or race i could do that n e time at a loca track y drive all the way to this event 4 that? just a buch of maxima owners proud one sounds good 2 me n dunt 4get music n food..its just a big meet keep it like that...
Old 07-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Banned

Dan: maxus can be done cheaply and the ne could easily host it. renting out a track is stupid. it's expensive, most members don't want to pay to drag race or risk braking their car 1000 miles from home. renting out an autoX is stupid. EVEN FEWER would praticipate and pay the $.

having a track day is fun and cool but can be done cheaply. arrange hotels near track. host on open track day.

I will plan maxus 2011 for you right now and spend 0$:

day 1: meet and greet at the hotels(2 hotels close together). Dinner at restaurant X. No reservations. we arn't a family and no way is everyone doing to sit down and hold hands at the same time. it's asking for failure(maxus2010). You want to eat dinner that is where to go. go in eat drink be merry. make sure it serves booze and has a bar too. don't hangout in the parking lot for too long and you'll not get kicked out. hangout after you eat if you must. be respectful. Go back to hotel. Party, drink, swim etc.

day 2: Drive to epping, nh. pick open track sat. pay $20 to get in. race all day. you can tell the guys running the strip if you want to race against someone particular(another maxima). After track event still unknown something between dinner and the track. the track gets hot and boring by 1-2pm. Maybe optional go kart racing or paintball something close that people can spend money on if they want but we don't have to reserve to go. Dinner at a different restaurant, but same rules above apply. don't hangout until after you have eat or you'll get kicked out. goto hotel, party drink swim etc.

day 3: Scenic cruise up the coast or into the mountains. BBQ at a free park(we have lots of those in NH) everyone chips in for the BBQ. Specific list of who is bringing what is needed. Photoshoots, football, lawn hockey, soccer, etc. Giving out of certificates. If everyone wants to have a reserved park send in $10-15 bucks. dinner at 3rd different restaurant on way back from cruise. same above rules apply. Party at hotel.

3 days of maxus, fri, sat, sun. planned. costing no 0. If you don't like it, don't come. If you want it better chip in $. No prizes shall be given away because they cost $ and are lame. ohh look i have a cheap plastic fake gold $5 trophy. Instead we will print out certificates that can be put in a frame(you buy the frame). It will look all nice and say maxus 2011 and what you won. Like best car audio. Freshest rims, Most lowered etc. Think of it like a diploma but flashier and nicer. We've done this before with other clubs and it goes over real well and is cheap. Hang it in your garage or throw it away. It lets you give out more 'trophies' so more people can feel involved and still cost next to nothing. I'd rather give out 25 certificates than 5 trophies.

At the end of the day most of what maxus is is standing around talking in real life about our cars instead of online. Having events is just there to brake the day up and let some members try some new things. saying we must reserve this track or it cost me $1000s and I lost it all blah blah. we are a small group we don't need to spend tons of $ from people who arn't going to contribute it anyways.

Make tshirts and sell them at cost or for a few $ more. maxus2011 shirts.

Dan why are you allowed to say where and when Maxus will be? Why can't we have a 2011? Maybe it'll be small and short notice but at least there will be one. just a thought. at the end of the day maxus is just a car meet with more people. don't make it into something it's not. i would be perfectly happy parting at the hotel and relaxing with some org members for a few days. throw in some optional cheap events and dining/bar options. great.

edit: we will also have uber judges. these people will be smarter than the judges at maxus 2010. They will not put a supercharged 3.0 in the lightly modified section. I already have the list made of uber judges btw.

edit #2: I will also scope out near by camping grounds as near to the hotel as possible. This is an option that is much cheaper and can be just as good as a hotel if not better(i love camping: fires, beer, bbq, friends etc.) i don't like the idea of saying each member needs to spend $400 in just hotel rooms after spending X on gas to just get here.

Last edited by AMaxima2Envy; 07-11-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:07 PM

^like
Old 07-11-2011, 12:10 PM

Old 07-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

[QUOTE=AMaxima2Envy;8116481]Dan: maxus can be done cheaply and the ne could easily host it. renting out a track is stupid. it's expensive, most members don't want to pay to drag race or risk braking their car 1000 miles from home. renting out an autoX is stupid. EVEN FEWER would praticipate and pay the $.

having a track day is fun and cool but can be done cheaply. arrange hotels near track. host on open track day.

I will plan maxus 2011 for you right now and spend 0$:

day 1: meet and greet at the hotels(2 hotels close together). Dinner at restaurant X. No reservations. we arn't a family and no way is everyone doing to sit down and hold hands at the same time. it's asking for failure(maxus2010). You want to eat dinner that is where to go. go in eat drink be merry. make sure it serves booze and has a bar too. don't hangout in the parking lot for too long and you'll not get kicked out. hangout after you eat if you must. be respectful. Go back to hotel. Party, drink, swim etc.
how are you going to fit 40 to 50 people at one restaurant? no reservation? ok i guess the place is very slow. serves booze and driving....ummm alright.
party at hotel...great.

day 2: Drive to epping, nh. pick open track sat. pay $20 to get in. race all day. you can tell the guys running the strip if you want to race against someone particular(another maxima). After track event still unknown something between dinner and the track. the track gets hot and boring by 1-2pm. Maybe optional go kart racing or paintball something close that people can spend money on if they want but we don't have to reserve to go. Dinner at a different restaurant, but same rules above apply. don't hangout until after you have eat or you'll get kicked out. goto hotel, party drink swim etc.
so you'll have maximas and 10 second vettes, stangs, f-bodies running? trying to keep this all maxima event...at least all nissan?

day 3: Scenic cruise up the coast or into the mountains. BBQ at a free park(we have lots of those in NH) everyone chips in for the BBQ. Specific list of who is bringing what is needed. Photoshoots, football, lawn hockey, soccer, etc. Giving out of certificates. If everyone wants to have a reserved park send in $10-15 bucks. dinner at 3rd different restaurant on way back from cruise. same above rules apply. Party at hotel.
ok...party at hotel seems like a theme.

3 days of maxus, fri, sat, sun. planned. costing no 0. If you don't like it, don't come. If you want it better chip in $. No prizes shall be given away because they cost $ and are lame. ohh look i have a cheap plastic fake gold $5 trophy. Instead we will print out certificates that can be put in a frame(you buy the frame). It will look all nice and say maxus 2011 and what you won. Like best car audio. Freshest rims, Most lowered etc. Think of it like a diploma but flashier and nicer. We've done this before with other clubs and it goes over real well and is cheap. Hang it in your garage or throw it away. It lets you give out more 'trophies' so more people can feel involved and still cost next to nothing. I'd rather give out 25 certificates than 5 trophies.
you can spend 0...but you'll have a crappy time.

At the end of the day most of what maxus is is standing around talking in real life about our cars instead of online. Having events is just there to brake the day up and let some members try some new things. saying we must reserve this track or it cost me $1000s and I lost it all blah blah. we are a small group we don't need to spend tons of $ from people who arn't going to contribute it anyways.

Make tshirts and sell them at cost or for a few $ more. maxus2011 shirts.
keep in mind...the participation is low(er) now compared to previous years in the past.

Dan why are you allowed to say where and when Maxus will be? Why can't we have a 2011? Maybe it'll be small and short notice but at least there will be one. just a thought. at the end of the day maxus is just a car meet with more people. don't make it into something it's not. i would be perfectly happy parting at the hotel and relaxing with some org members for a few days. throw in some optional cheap events and dining/bar options. great.
what? when did i say where and when maxus will be? I had all the intentions to kick off maxus 2011 with randy running it. towards the end when it was time to get things going randy couldn't come up with anything. he gave me great plans on what he was going to do and things he was going to reserve. i have no control over what he did (or didn't do) and all of the sudden things fell apart. he didn't say anything to us. if you say that you have a plan to do maxus then let me know and i'll promote it. it really sounds like you just want to go drink and party at a hotel w/ a bunch of car guys as a fun weekend.

edit: we will also have uber judges. these people will be smarter than the judges at maxus 2010. They will not put a supercharged 3.0 in the lightly modified section. I already have the list made of uber judges btw.

edit #2: I will also scope out near by camping grounds as near to the hotel as possible. This is an option that is much cheaper and can be just as good as a hotel if not better(i love camping: fires, beer, bbq, friends etc.) i don't like the idea of saying each member needs to spend $400 in just hotel rooms after spending X on gas to just get here.
uber judges? really? what are their qualifications to be uber judges? i was stuck in tech and running the track. i couldn't do those two and do judge. granted we had judges that didn't know what they were doing but you need to move on.

you let me know what you want to do. if it's just a meet then don't use the maxus name for it. if you intent on doing something and giving me an actual date/time/schedule of things kicking off or at least how things will go then PM that to me.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

for those that want to do maxus 2011...PM me your tentative/proposed dates and time line of events.

if you're going to charge people for a BBQ then don't even bother. scrape up some money from the local guys. you're HOSTING the event. people coming from far shouldn't have to bring stuff or give money for a BBQ.

don't make drinking and partying at a local hotel as the main point. you can go out and have a good time but it's not all about drinking. this is a car event...you're also going to be driving to places...please don't drink and drive.

trophies are not needed. i think bragging right of winning would be good enough for many.

track event(s) is/are not 100% necessary, it would be nice but it's not a must. go karting would be a good alternative. secure place and at least make some kind of reservation so the place knows that people will be arriving.

dining...unless you know the restaurant owner or the place is a catering hall not many restaurants can handle an influx of 20-30 people at one time. make prior arrangements.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:07 PM

Old 07-11-2011, 08:55 PM

i dislike the fact that every idea is pretty much shot down to shiet. all we are trying to do is help have a Maxus that actually is a good (not great option) for everyone. like you said anyway, SOMEONE will have something negative to say about something. so why try to make it 'absolutely magnificent' when we can make it good, and a cheaper option. i dont see whats wrong w/ a Import Alliance type Maxus. Inviting just Nissans is NOT a bad thing IMO. but i can definitely understand keeping it in the Maxima family. but i'm sure more than maximas came at the other Maxus events.

this is YOUR event though Danny, so do as you please, maybe there will be another one....
Old 07-12-2011, 06:59 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

i dislike the fact that every idea is pretty much shot down to shiet. all we are trying to do is help have a Maxus that actually is a good (not great option) for everyone. like you said anyway, SOMEONE will have something negative to say about something. so why try to make it 'absolutely magnificent' when we can make it good, and a cheaper option. i dont see whats wrong w/ a Import Alliance type Maxus. Inviting just Nissans is NOT a bad thing IMO. but i can definitely understand keeping it in the Maxima family. but i'm sure more than maximas came at the other Maxus events.

this is YOUR event though Danny, so do as you please, maybe there will be another one....
do you actual read the replies or are you just here to rant?

not shooting it down...just giving you the pitfalls because you guys lack the experience with setting large meets up.

bring 30 people to a restaurant...don't make a reservation? have you been to a restaurant that doesn't have a drive thru? you bring 30 people w/o reservation and they will laugh in your face.

i said let's invite other nissans...did i not?

if you don't make it "as best as you can" you will have a lynch mod like they did to corey for MAXUS 2010. people don't want to drive for hours to a $hit show. people want a well planned out MAXUS. not "let's go to this restaurant and see what happens" or "let's just show up to a track and see if they will let us run".

Like i said...Randy gave me a well thought out plan on what he wanted 2011 to be like and i said ok man...go for it.

i haven't seen an actual PM yet on plans for 2011 or 2012. just a lot of random thoughts that makes no sense and now complaints.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:15 AM

do you actual read the replies or are you just here to rant?

not shooting it down...just giving you the pitfalls because you guys lack the experience with setting large meets up.

bring 30 people to a restaurant...don't make a reservation? have you been to a restaurant that doesn't have a drive thru? you bring 30 people w/o reservation and they will laugh in your face.

i said let's invite other nissans...did i not?

if you don't make it "as best as you can" you will have a lynch mod like they did to corey for MAXUS 2010. people don't want to drive for hours to a $hit show. people want a well planned out MAXUS. not "let's go to this restaurant and see what happens" or "let's just show up to a track and see if they will let us run".

Like i said...Randy gave me a well thought out plan on what he wanted 2011 to be like and i said ok man...go for it.

i haven't seen an actual PM yet on plans for 2011 or 2012. just a lot of random thoughts that makes no sense and now complaints.

i'm not here to rant, i'm here to actually give suggestions, which mine werent worthy, to TRY to make Maxus not disappear like some other import shows and what not. i can understand making reservations etc. but i didnt say anything negative towards inviting other nissan enthusiasts, i was just agreeing w/ it. I, as well as the next maxima owner, would love to see Maxus continue, that is all i'm concerned about. TRUE indeed, i've never been to one, as i've only been in the max game for a couple of years, but i would hate to see it crumble to nothing. import world needs continued diversity in options of cars to mod, and having this can encourage more to do more with their vehicles.

i want it to work as well as the next man, i also hate to see folks getting butt hurt...at the best, look at it as a way to take a vacation, thats what i do the few times i go to a meet
Old 07-12-2011, 07:32 AM

Start fresh next year and think of some new ideas for next year.Barely 5 months left in the year and planning anything now i feel will have less crowds at an event.Maybe some type of poll with different ideas and events for next year will help in finding out what max owners would like to participate in when the next Maxus is held.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:10 AM

Something as big as this kind of event can't hinge on one person. Before one more individuals step up, a regional group should organize and come forward with a plan to delegate the events planned, and follow-up well in advance.

Theoretically there's a chance to make money with an event like this, so working out local vendors and sponsors should be planned out early, not at the last minute as this stuff appears to be going towards. A good sponsor could put up enough money as an investment to get things rolling. Then having a planned fee for certain events, and a collection point for those fees, they could roll it in. At that point, passing off some of the delegation to the sponsors to plan and run some of the events would be a great way to off load responsibility, if they see dollar signs, they will work hard to get them.

It takes a lot of planning to host a party/event like this...most normal people don't have what it takes, especially on an individual level.