Maxus Discuss the National Maxima Meeting

MAXUS 2012

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by tigersharkdude
not happening. you arent getting in that parking lot without a plant ID, I know this I used to work there and it took them about 3 weeks just to give me an ID after I passed their check. You can get in the visitors lot without an ID but there is only parking for about 20 cars.
OH, top secret stuff inside. lol

Well, what your starting off with sounds good to me. Hopefully this thread dont die off till next june and the meet be held the following month.

I still think a paypal account needs to be set up so people can donate to help fund this Maxus.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:50 AM
NWP Engineering.com

So, Amir and I are discussing Maxus2012 right now. Accepting all ideas/thoughts on what would make this event Maxus.

I typed this up rather quick, but it could be a possibility for the weekend.

I was thinking,

Possibly try to arrange a private tour of the Nissan plant on the Friday before the weekend.

we could try to rent Music City Raceway out, could have drag racing and do auto cross in the back parking lot (they do it often)----That could be saturday.

Then Sunday we could either do a park meet, or possibly a cruise like Tour Couture cruise, but no speeding (will have a bunch of cars, will attract attention).

Possibly try to arrange a private tour of the Nissan plant on the Friday before the weekend.

Everything is up in the air right now.
Sounds great. Please keep me updated. I am happy to help out as much as I can. And definitely count NWP Engineering in as a sponsor on some level. We can talk details in the coming few months.

Some things that I have noticed by doing MAXUS 09 in DC is that a full website with event schedule needs to be released by the end of this year. People need time to build their Maximas for the race event and plan their summer vacations. Plus, the longer the website is up, the more sponsors like myself will be interested in helping out.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron92SE
Sounds great. Please keep me updated. I am happy to help out as much as I can. And definitely count NWP Engineering in as a sponsor on some level. We can talk details in the coming few months.

Some things that I have noticed by doing MAXUS 09 in DC is that a full website with event schedule needs to be released by the end of this year. People need time to build their Maximas for the race event and plan their summer vacations. Plus, the longer the website is up, the more sponsors like myself will be interested in helping out.
Aaron, could you send me a contact email for your self? So, I can send it to Amir
Old 08-31-2011, 02:14 PM

Interesting. I would be down & would certainly spread word w/ NYCmaximas when things are more definite as well as help in any way.

Sounds nice so far though. Nice job everyone thus far.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:00 PM

I would be down for this. It's a 16 hour drive but would definitly be worth it. Brad (tigersharkdude) is a real nice guy and knows his ****. With him and Amir getting this all planned out it could definitly be one of the best Maxus's so far. As far as my input I think it would be awesome to see Nissan's plant and I think they would really appreciate us too coming out and seeing whats all about. I think the drag racing and autocross would be dope!!!! and maybe on sunday find a resturant with a HUGE parking lot so we could all chill and look at each others cars and have food before everyone leaves to go back home. Thats just what's on the top of my head, people should def throw out some input to make it easier from Brad and Amir to see what everyone wants so they don't have to plan eveything themselves. Just my 2 cents
Old 09-06-2011, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by xtremepb0
I would be down for this. It's a 16 hour drive but would definitly be worth it. Brad (tigersharkdude) is a real nice guy and knows his ****. With him and Amir getting this all planned out it could definitly be one of the best Maxus's so far. As far as my input I think it would be awesome to see Nissan's plant and I think they would really appreciate us too coming out and seeing whats all about. I think the drag racing and autocross would be dope!!!! and maybe on sunday find a resturant with a HUGE parking lot so we could all chill and look at each others cars and have food before everyone leaves to go back home. Thats just what's on the top of my head, people should def throw out some input to make it easier from Brad and Amir to see what everyone wants so they don't have to plan eveything themselves. Just my 2 cents
i really hope we can try and set up a Friday private tour.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:47 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Aaron, could you send me a contact email for your self? So, I can send it to Amir
I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. I didn't see this post until now.

My email is [aaron@nwpengineering.com]. Our website is www.NWPEngineering.com
Old 09-07-2011, 11:12 AM

Cool. Amir and I are getting together to discuss on Friday
Old 09-07-2011, 11:44 AM

Oh wow. This looks interesting. I wish you guys all the best at this. And if this project comes to maturity in Nashville, I will make the drive from Houston to Nashville!

Count me in!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by PetitFrereMaxima
Oh wow. This looks interesting. I wish you guys all the best at this. And if this project comes to maturity in Nashville, I will make the drive from Houston to Nashville!

Count me in!!!
With Amir's knowledge of planning events MAXUS 2012 should be awesome
Old 09-27-2011, 08:53 PM

I'd be all for attending, hell I'd even throw a bit of cash to the hosts if need be to help plan.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:36 AM

I should be available to make this depending on the business travel I'd have to endure. Do you have a month in mind? If we could get that, maybe we can start booking hotels and making payments on them so that it is affordable at most any level. How is the Plant tour looking? I think my boys would love to see the Nissan Plant. My 3YO nearly craps his pants pointing our 5th gens of all colors cuz "dats like daddy car; dat's like you car daddy" (so hilarious to hear).
Old 10-16-2011, 11:41 PM

So any news on Maxus 2012? The Plant touring sounds amazing. If that can happen then that is a must for this event. I live in east Tn and would love to make it. I also am pretty good with Photoshop and would be glad to make some images or fliers for it. another thing we could do to make it worth some of the more distant people driving so far is having like a part swap. So we could all bring parts we have and either trade/sell/buy. it would save on shipping for alt of us. and some of the smaller things we have could easily be brought to it. I think that would be a good way to get rid of some of this excess stuff alot of members have. I do not know the nashville area very well but if Brad or Amir could get a fairground or something like that for a swap it would not only help us get rid or get some stuff but we could also chill for a while. also I had a big event come thru town about a year ago for a concert and a local restaurant(buffet style) actually gave us all a discount. All we had to do was have a event pass. it made a 12 dollar buffet 6 dollars because we had about 75 people eat there. I do not know if any would do that in Nashville but it is worth a shot. every bit helps. I do agree we need a website up soon. please give some details about the status of Maxus 2012.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:07 AM

Whats the good word on Maxus 2012??
Old 10-21-2011, 02:18 AM

Im am loving where this is headin, I am definetly letting the SOFL & North FL Maxima guys know about this....
Old 10-21-2011, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Aaron92SE

I agree as well. What I noticed at MAXUS 09 in DC (which had mostly DC and NY crowds), is the majority of the people were between 20-30. But what's so cool about the Maxima community is that there are also plenty of people older than 40 that have just as much fun as long as we keep a family atmosphere and don't get too much into loud music, bikini contests, etc.
Hey man, I'm 31 years old and I would NOT be offended by loud music or a BIKINI contest AT ALL!!! Even a wet T-Shirt contest would not offend me . Once you guys figure out more solid details about the event I will make it a point to take vacation and go out and be there!! Let me know! Hopefully I'll have the turbo installed by then!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by ranmas2004
Hey man, I'm 31 years old and I would NOT be offended by loud music or a BIKINI contest AT ALL!!! Even a wet T-Shirt contest would not offend me .
Old 10-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

Originally Posted by phatboislim
i'd donate and i'm always strapped for cash...i'd just like to have it happen and not have everything fall on one persons lap
Is be willing to chip some n each payday to help with this as well
Old 10-24-2011, 02:33 PM

Sounds like a blast but an 18-20hr drive might be alil much for some of the NE guys like myself. Would def like to see the plant though. =( maybe if i put off the wedding by a year lol
Old 10-24-2011, 03:16 PM

sorry I havent got back to ya'll. I just had MAJOR brain surgery and can barely think straight. MAXUS is not my priority at the moment, I just want to feel betteer.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:47 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

quick update...
i've contacted Amir and he's still on board with getting things together.

after the holidays/year end we can spend more time figuring things out.
I'm still pushing for a TN Maxus...so let's see how things go. i'll get in touch with Nissan to see if they can host a plant tour but that may depends on the number of people going.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:43 AM

I hope your okay brad. I wish for a speedy recovery
Old 10-29-2011, 08:55 AM

anyone know of any companies that make parts for our cars that are known for "sponsoring" events? I know of a handful of places but not a ton
Old 10-29-2011, 03:45 PM

Are you talking like...big-name brands like TEIN, apex'i, etc., Brad?

I wonder if we could get Crawford Z Car in on Maxus...

I know there are a couple of other Nissan specialty shops in south Nashville we could talk to.

Hope you get to feeling better, man...

Last edited by Mr. Brett; 10-29-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Brett
Are you talking like...big-name brands like TEIN, apex'i, etc., Brad?

I wonder if we could get Crawford Z Car in on Maxus...

I know there are a couple of other Nissan specialty shops in south Nashville we could talk to.

Hope you get to feeling better, man...
ive been emailing some ppeps I know thar run shops asking about services (emailed Mayo and asked about the mobile dyno (price range and stuff) was thinking of asking deft motion if they could come out and poosibly do fender rolls (dont know if it would be worth their time). Ive never done anything like this and really want to do the best I can you know. does crawford do anything for max's?
Old 10-31-2011, 03:02 PM
NWP Engineering.com

anyone know of any companies that make parts for our cars that are known for "sponsoring" events? I know of a handful of places but not a ton
NWP Engineering is always happy to sponsor MAXUS! Count us in!
Old 10-31-2011, 03:17 PM

ive been emailing some ppeps I know thar run shops asking about services (emailed Mayo and asked about the mobile dyno (price range and stuff) was thinking of asking deft motion if they could come out and poosibly do fender rolls (dont know if it would be worth their time). Ive never done anything like this and really want to do the best I can you know. does crawford do anything for max's?
Have you tried Carma or any other small shops besides Deft?

I mean, Crawford does pretty much any Nissan you can ask for. I've had him work on my Maxima a few times. He does top-notch work.

I know when I was back in his shop, he had two Z's, a G, a 4th gen and a 5th gen sitting on racks. So I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:29 PM

Have you tried Carma or any other small shops besides Deft?

I mean, Crawford does pretty much any Nissan you can ask for. I've had him work on my Maxima a few times. He does top-notch work.

I know when I was back in his shop, he had two Z's, a G, a 4th gen and a 5th gen sitting on racks. So I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask.
mayo=carma

crazy, never heard of ppl taking to max's to crawfords. atleast i know of a reputable shop that i trust to work on my car (lots of places getting shady).

I know a lot of local "tuners", just trying to think if it would be worth their time y'know?
Old 11-01-2011, 03:03 PM

mayo=carma

crazy, never heard of ppl taking to max's to crawfords. atleast i know of a reputable shop that i trust to work on my car (lots of places getting shady).

I know a lot of local "tuners", just trying to think if it would be worth their time y'know?
Oh...whoops.

Yeah, when I talked to the guys down at Crawford, they said they could pretty much do anything Nissan. His prices are a little on the steep side, and he's not the most polite guy in the world, but he might be able to make something happen. I can look into it if you'd like. Although I'm not sure what he could bring to the party. Maybe a tent with some Zcar merch?

I'm sure we could get most of the local shops on board so long as they got some kind of return from it. You've gotta remember, this is going to be a one-time thing, unless we get a lot of local Maxima members involved who will give them repeat business.

Who did you talk to about the dyno?

OT: Brad, you do retrofits, right?

Last edited by Mr. Brett; 11-01-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:40 PM

Who did you talk to about the dyno?

OT: Brad, you do retrofits, right?
texyed mayo at carma

I dont do retro'd, if you need one though Chrisman87 (chris cruz) is the man with the plan..LOL.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:32 AM

Meh...I need someone local. I can't be driving around without headlights.

Oh well...back on topic.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:25 AM

Well I'll post my idea for Maxus and if everyone is still on the TN train then let it be, I don't want to invest more of my time into this if everyone is already dead set on it.

Maxus 2012 in Houston Will Consist of...

3 Packages:
Base Package
-2 Nights in the Omni Houston Westside
-Friday Night Dinner
-Maxus 2012 Lanyard/Nametag

Enthusiast Package
-Base Package and+
-Maxus 2012 Shirt
-Maxus 2012 Media (Could be a calendar, magazine, etc, just something showing off our sponsors, and some pictures from the event)

Racing Package
-Base Package
-Enthusiast Package
-1/4 Mile Track Time

My Goal is to have the most expensive package UNDER $200

Schedule

Friday:
-All day meet at Track 21 (Indoor Karting facility)
-Cruise to the Omni and dinner at the hotel

Saturday
-Houston Road Rally / Show and Shine (Memorial Park will be our central location): This will be an all day event, we will have food and games at the park while the few maniac participants will be running across the city road rally style
-Night meet TBD

Sunday
-CRACK OF DAWN 1/4 MILE RACING (Have to do it early, best weather we can get for July)
-Awards Ceremony back at the Omni

That's it... Go home... No more....

If you like it, say so, if you don't, say so... I would like to know sometime soon because I'm still running around gathering sponsors and finding ideas to keep YOUR cost down, I am a busy man so if this doesn't seem apealing to you guys I have no problem with dropping out on planning.

Last edited by aackshun; 11-02-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:26 AM

Brad, Dan actually brought up a good point in another thread. What should we do as far as food?

I wonder if we could get Whitt's or Centerpoint BBQ to set up a tent with a few pits to cook everyone food?
Old 11-02-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by aackshun
Well I'll post my idea for Maxus and if everyone is still on the TN train then let it be, I don't want to invest more of my time into this if everyone is already dead set on it.

Maxus 2012 in Houston Will Consist of...

3 Packages:[*]Base Package
-2 Nights in the Omni Houston Westside
-Friday Night Dinner
-Maxus 2012 Lanyard/Nametag
[*]Enthusiast Package
-Base Package and+
-Maxus 2012 Shirt
-Maxus 2012 Media (Could be a calendar, magazine, etc, just something showing off our sponsors, and some pictures from the event)
[*]Racing Package
-Base Package
-Enthusiast Package
-1/4 Mile Track Time

My Goal is to have the most expensive package down to $200

Schedule

Friday:
-All day meet at Track 21 (Indoor Karting facility)
-Cruise to the Omni and dinner at the hotel

Saturday
-Houston Road Rally / Show and Shine (Memorial Park will be our central location): This will be an all day event, we will have food and games at the park while the few maniac participants will be running across the city road rally style
-Night meet TBD

Sunday
-CRACK OF DAWN 1/4 MILE RACING (Have to do it early, best weather we can get for July)
-Awards Ceremony back at the Omni

That's it... Go home... No more....
I'll see your Omni hotel and raise you one ******* Opryland:

Pretty sure Opryland does package deals. If we have a group of 100+ people coming, the hotel has over 3,000 rooms. So I'm sure they could work out some kind of deal for anyone wanting to spend a little extra to stay in the hotel.

Opryland also gives free bus rides to the Wild Horse Saloon, an upscale bar/line dancing joint in downtown Nashville.

Although, I DO like your packages idea. That way members have some flexibility in how much they want to spend. If someone doesn't feel like footing the extra money to stay at Opryland, there are plenty of Holiday Inns/Best Westerns right up the road that wouldn't displace everyone from each other.

Plus, anyone is allowed to walk in and hang out in the atriums of Opryland at any time of the day. So even if a group of people stayed somewhere else, we could all still come and go as we please.

Last edited by Mr. Brett; 11-02-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:33 AM

Pretty sure Opryland does package deals. If we have a group of 100+ people coming, the hotel has over 3,000 rooms. So I'm sure they could work out some kind of deal for anyone wanting to spend a little extra to stay in the hotel.
Lol, don't want to get into a dck measuring contest for hotels, the omni is one of the 3 I'm talking to.

Again, i'd like to know soon if I'm wasting my time or not... Since I'm already talking to thecaterers, track, go-karting place, pavillion rentals and what not... kinda time consuming...
Old 11-02-2011, 09:38 AM

Opryland also gives free bus rides to the Wild Horse Saloon, an upscale bar/line dancing joint in downtown Nashville.

Although, I DO like your packages idea. That way members have some flexibility in how much they want to spend. If someone doesn't feel like footing the extra money to stay at Opryland, there are plenty of Holiday Inns/Best Westerns right up the road that wouldn't displace everyone from each other.

Plus, anyone is allowed to walk in and hang out in the atriums of Opryland at any time of the day. So even if a group of people stayed somewhere else, we could all still come and go as we please.
sounds pretty gay, jk, lol

i've stayed at a ******* hotel before
- they're not cheap
- there wasn't much to do UNLESS you have everybody gathered in one spot
- i had to pay for parking
- etc.

the point of aackshun's plan is that it is affordable for all levels of interest, it keeps the group in proximity, and so far it's the most organized option. plus if a small group wants to go off and get lost, haha, there's TONS to do around Houston!
Old 11-02-2011, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by mightyMax95
sounds pretty gay, jk, lol

i've stayed at a ******* hotel before
- they're not cheap
- there wasn't much to do UNLESS you have everybody gathered in one spot
- i had to pay for parking
- etc.

the point of aackshun's plan is that it is affordable for all levels of interest, it keeps the group in proximity, and so far it's the most organized option. plus if a small group wants to go off and get lost, haha, there's TONS to do around Houston!
You don't have to pay for parking if you know where to park.

And as far as things to do, there isn't much directly IN the hotel, but there's plenty within 5-10 minutes of the hotel to do. There ARE quite a few bars/eateries built directly into the hotel for those not wanting to go out and try to find a place to hang out.

I know ******* hotels aren't cheap, but I'm sure they would be willing to work out a package deal if we could guarantee them that at least a group was wanting to stay there. For what it's worth, Opry Mills, the local outlet mall will be open by the time Maxus comes around next spring, too. It's literally within eyesight of the hotel, and they've got over 200 outlet stores. I mean, you know, if anyone actually wants to spend time shopping.

I'm just throwing ideas out there. There's a TON of things to do in Nashville as well. I'm not trying to get into a dcck measuring contest with him, either. Just giving him a hard time.

The thought of, "What about Opryland?" actually crossed my mind right as I pulled up this page to see aackshun's post.

Really, I'm just looking at viable options. Nashville just seems optimal because it's so central to most of the org members. A majority, it seems, come from DC, Maryland, North and South Carolina, and other surrounding states. Nashville is, almost literally, smack dab in the middle of all of that mess.

Last edited by Mr. Brett; 11-02-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:18 AM

You don't have to pay for parking if you know where to park.
Really, I'm just looking at viable options. Nashville just seems optimal because it's so central to most of the org members. A majority, it seems, come from DC, Maryland, North and South Carolina, and other surrounding states. Nashville is, almost literally, smack dab in the middle of all of that mess.
Covered parking is included for the Omni's guest.

Anywhere seems optimal for any one, sure it seems central to the more ACTIVE members on this board but there are countless ones who just log on and read too... Also there are members who are just members that and never log on, but stay in the community.

I know I can have about 50 here just from the Texas/Lousiana locale, not even thinking about Oklahoma residents, crazy AZ/NM guys, the nuts I know in KS, AL guys, AR guys... and that is just maximas, not including the other Nissan and Car Enthusiast who would want to come to just hang out and have fun also, which goes true for ANY large meet, so it's kind of a useless arguement of we should have it here because more people can attend, blah , blah, blah.

Last edited by aackshun; 11-02-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by aackshun
not even thinking about Oklahoma residents, crazy AZ/NM guys, the nuts I know in KS, AL guys, AR guys... we just maximas, not including the other Nissan and Car Enthusiast who would want to come to just hang out and have fun also,
there's not too many maxima's around in okc anymore.. or not that are active at least.. but i'm sure we could gather a handful of nissan/infiniti owners
Old 11-02-2011, 10:27 AM

Just giving him a hard time.
haha, no one gives him a harder time than me (no homo)

for obvious reasons i want it in houston, plus we've got quite a following here. on a serious note though, my primary wish is to get the largest turnout. granted you've got location going but i honestly believe Aaron's plan so far is the most cost effective

an idea for you "northerners", haha, (and i had this thought a couple of maxus' ago), get a group and a buddy with a truck and rent a car hauler for the weekend. it'd save a ton of gas and would look bad@$$ rollin and rolling up,

Last edited by mightyMax95; 11-02-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Quick Reply: MAXUS 2012