Maxus Discuss the National Maxima Meeting

MAXUS 2012

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

MAXUS 2012

IF YOU WANT MAXUS IN YOUR TOWN SOMEONE STEP UP AND LEAD IT.

Send me (via PM) a proposal on what and where you want to see MAXUS and the schedule of events (including lodging, location to events, etc).

At the min you should have the following...
- A safe place for people to meet - empty parking lot, hotel parking lot, etc.
- A place for people to sleep - hotel, motel, your house, park bench, etc.
- A place for people to eat - BBQ, buffet place, catering hall...note that it needs to be able to accommodate a large group and priced reasonably.
- Events of things to do - a scenic drive, event(s) at the track, go karting, jump rope, softball, strip joint, whatever...as long as it's remotely car oriented it'll be fine...keeping the prices low if you don't want to hear the complaints.
- A time frame of these events happening....it can be a rough time frame but just a guideline on how you see the day going.
- your estimate cost of everything and how much you think you'll need to come up with.

Please note that alcohol should not be the main focus on your meet. we have members who are under the drinking age. it should be a family event...(not a day at chuck e cheese but something that everyone can participate in).

So let me hear your ideas. don't be offended if i pick at it because i want you to think about the "what ifs" in your planning.

if i don't hear anything from anyone i will start throwing up polls (thanks sureal) on ideas of where and what people want to do. i didn't want to do another NY/NJ MAXUS after what happened in 2010 but clearly if no one wants to step up then i guess as admin i'll have to put something together.

my line of communication is open...please feel free to PM me.

let's keep everything here in the MAXUS section so we all can share on the ideas.

Dan
Old 07-12-2011, 09:22 AM

I just posted this in the 2011 thread, guess I can just paste it here...

Something as big as this kind of event can't hinge on one person. Before more individuals step up, a regional group should organize and come forward with a plan to delegate the events planned, and follow-up well in advance.

Theoretically there's a chance to make money with an event like this, so working out local vendors and sponsors should be planned out early, not at the last minute as this stuff appears to be going towards. A good sponsor could put up enough money as an investment to get things rolling. Then having a planned fee for certain events, and a collection point for those fees, they could roll it in. At that point, passing off some of the delegation to the sponsors to plan and run some of the events would be a great way to off load responsibility, if they see dollar signs, they will work hard to get them.

It takes a lot of planning to host a party/event like this...most normal people don't have what it takes, especially on an individual level.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

agreed...it takes more than 1 person but 1 person needs to step up...then get the local guys together to help get it going.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by DanNY
agreed...it takes more than 1 person but 1 person needs to step up...then get the local guys together to help get it going.

Like a committee is what I meant. Sure, one person needs to chair the event, but what if he's hit by a bus? There should be a committee of guys, one as the leader, and everyone ready to take on a roll should someone fall off the planet...
Old 07-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by MadMax07SL
Like a committee is what I meant. Sure, one person needs to chair the event, but what if he's hit by a bus? There should be a committee of guys, one as the leader, and everyone ready to take on a roll should someone fall off the planet...
yes...well what happens behind the scenes is this...
(let's just say you head up the event)...
a private maxus 2012 section is create where it's limited to staff and whoever is helping you.

so it's the group of people and a few of the staff members will help you get things rolling. once it gets closer we start advertising. you have to let the rest of the group what you want to see and phone calls can be made. you're not in this alone...we're all here to help. if it's local to me i will go out and help you as much as i can.

don't think there's just one guy doing everything.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:03 AM

Just throwing the idea out there, but Hershey, PA, could be a great place for Maxus. Very central location that's within reasonable driving distance of where a good majority of the members are from.

It's a big tourist area so there's more than enough hotels for people to stay at. The Hershey Entertainment Complex parking lot is absolutely massive and would be a great place to have this as long as we can get permission to (shouldn't be a problem).

There's plenty of places to eat and plenty of stuff to do. Hersheypark is the main attraction and there are several other places in the area for mini golf, go karts, laser tag, and a cavern that's thousands of years old with guided tours just to name a few.

The only real issue I can see is the lack of a drag strip anywhere nearby.

Being only 18 and a full-time college student, I'd have a hard time putting this all together and I would definitely need some help. However, I am a local, so if this idea were to go somewhere I'm sure I could help out with getting it going.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:10 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by Waxima
Just throwing the idea out there, but Hershey, PA, could be a great place for Maxus. Very central location that's within reasonable driving distance of where a good majority of the members are from.

It's a big tourist area so there's more than enough hotels for people to stay at. The Hershey Entertainment Complex parking lot is absolutely massive and would be a great place to have this as long as we can get permission to (shouldn't be a problem).

There's plenty of places to eat and plenty of stuff to do. Hersheypark is the main attraction and there are several other places in the area for mini golf, go karts, laser tag, and a cavern that's thousands of years old with guided tours just to name a few.

The only real issue I can see is the lack of a drag strip anywhere nearby.

Being only 18 and a full-time college student, I'd have a hard time putting this all together and I would definitely need some help. However, I am a local, so if this idea were to go somewhere I'm sure I could help out with getting it going.
location sounds good. possible any possibility that you can get other local org members to help you out?
Old 07-12-2011, 11:58 AM

Im talking to one of my buddies here in nashville about this

We have a 1/8th mile drag strip, that has a massive parking lot that they hold auto-x in about once a month

lots of hotels in nashvillle. LOTS

Numerous parks where we could have a show and shine/cookout/whatever

I just asked my buddy Amir if he would join the ORG and post up here

Last edited by tigersharkdude; 07-12-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by tigersharkdude

We have a 1/8th mile drag strip, that has a massive parking lot that they hold auto-x in about once a month

I love the idea of having it in nashville.
I know some people have suggested having the Massachusetts/Rhode Island guys do something as well, so there is another possibility.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:09 PM

I've already PM'd Danny.

Third coast is trying it's best over here!
Old 07-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Maximoneypit

for nashville

i can hit deals gap along the way and my fam lives there
Old 07-12-2011, 02:21 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Crusher103 should head it up...should go off without a hitch...just like his build..
Old 07-12-2011, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Greeny
Crusher103 should head it up...should go off without a hitch...just like his build..
Old 07-12-2011, 03:03 PM

nashville yes
Old 07-13-2011, 07:27 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

looks like i'm going to need to put up a poll soon...
Old 07-13-2011, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Greeny

i'm putting this in my sig
Old 07-13-2011, 06:26 PM

my buddy Amir got back to me. He said he will definitely help organize Maxus 2012 nashville, tn.

He has lots of experience in organizing events,

he helped found Import Alliance, and helped run all of the events until after the summer 2010 meet

He runs tour couture, supercar couture, and the MidTN exotic rally

He just tried to register but Chrome wouldnt load the registration page

Also, it wont be just one person trying to run everything. It will be at least 2, maybe more
Old 07-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hello, my name is Amir Altair a friend of Brad (tigersharkdude). He asked me to join the boards here and talk to you guys about doing an event in Nashville catered exclusively to the Maxima.org family. I have been doing some research and some thinking about this and I think we can definitely pull this off. Let me tell you a little about myself so you get an idea of where I am coming from. I have been in the promotions and marketing of motorsports and auto based events since 2004. I am one of the founders of Import Alliance (no longer associated with them), I worked with them for over 5 years and help make Import Alliance what it is today. I left to pursue other endeavors and to enjoy what I do. I have since managed to put together 4 successful cruises known as Tour Couture that happens twice a year, in the fall and spring. I also am the founder of Supercar Couture an exotic rally and track day that takes place in Nashville during October. I also do charity work with my other company, Cause Factory, we just completed the Cars for the Cure: Breast Cancer Fundraiser. I spend all my time planning and organizing events. As a favor to Brad (tigersharkdude) I have agreed to help out on the Maxus 2012 project and either consult or put the whole event together for you depending on where the community sees they need me the most. I must admit that I am tough to work with because i demand results and when a deadline is to be met it must be met early. I am also very reasonable and understand that sometimes circumstances are out of our hands. That aside I am looking forward to hear what you would like for me to do. I have managed to come up with a list of questions that would help me in understanding what you want. So without further delay:

1. What time frame do you have for the event? As in what time during the year?
2. How many people usually attend a Maxus Event?
3. Do you have Nissan's backing?
4. What is the average dollar amount spent at these event by members?
5. How many years has this gone on?
6. Where is your predominant population located?
7. Average age of members?
8. What motorsports events do you want?
9. How many days does it need to be?
10. Do you have sponsors?
11. What is the expected revenue stream (will you be in the red, yellow or black)

Thank you for your time and I truly look forward to working with you guys and the Maxima.org family in the future.

Regards
Amir
AlphaStyle

Last edited by AlphaStyle; 07-13-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:40 PM

thanks for posting up Amir
Old 07-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Anytime little dude!
Old 07-13-2011, 07:22 PM

This sounds real promising... If in Nashville I will definitely be there... Need to get this ball rolling.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:35 AM

i hope this one actually works this time. sounds real promising, if he's one of the founding fathers of IA, we have a real good shot at a great meet
Old 07-14-2011, 07:25 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by AlphaStyle
Hello, my name is Amir Altair a friend of Brad (tigersharkdude). He asked me to join the boards here and talk to you guys about doing an event in Nashville catered exclusively to the Maxima.org family. I have been doing some research and some thinking about this and I think we can definitely pull this off. Let me tell you a little about myself so you get an idea of where I am coming from. I have been in the promotions and marketing of motorsports and auto based events since 2004. I am one of the founders of Import Alliance (no longer associated with them), I worked with them for over 5 years and help make Import Alliance what it is today. I left to pursue other endeavors and to enjoy what I do. I have since managed to put together 4 successful cruises known as Tour Couture that happens twice a year, in the fall and spring. I also am the founder of Supercar Couture an exotic rally and track day that takes place in Nashville during October. I also do charity work with my other company, Cause Factory, we just completed the Cars for the Cure: Breast Cancer Fundraiser. I spend all my time planning and organizing events. As a favor to Brad (tigersharkdude) I have agreed to help out on the Maxus 2012 project and either consult or put the whole event together for you depending on where the community sees they need me the most. I must admit that I am tough to work with because i demand results and when a deadline is to be met it must be met early. I am also very reasonable and understand that sometimes circumstances are out of our hands. That aside I am looking forward to hear what you would like for me to do. I have managed to come up with a list of questions that would help me in understanding what you want. So without further delay:

11. What is the expected revenue stream (will you be in the red, yellow or black)

Thank you for your time and I truly look forward to working with you guys and the Maxima.org family in the future.

Regards
Amir
AlphaStyle

summers are preferred since people have more time off.

ranges from 50-150...might be more.

usually...no. if it's in TN there's a slight possibility.

ummm..0? LOL jk....taking lodging into consideration i would say 500 or less for out of towners and 200 or less for locals.

been on since 2002 or 2003...around that time.

personally i know we have a large crowd in NE....but i know people are all over.

another assumption...mid 20s.

whatever fits in the budget. 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, AutoX, go karting, dyno, etc....i think the group is pretty much open to ideas.

Ideally fri afternoon, sat all day, sun afternoon.

assume that's a no right now and we'll work on getting some. i know NWP is always willing to pitch in but for others i'm not sure.

assume red...if you're in the yellow consider yourself lucky...if you're int he black then you're the man.

thanks Amir for helping out. let me know if you anything else.
Dan
Old 07-14-2011, 07:37 AM

competition clutch might consider..i know they have clutch parts for 4th and 5th gen (as i'm running their parts right now) and i'm 99% sure they at least do for 5.5...and if we give them enough business i'm sure they will expand for us.

i have their number if you want to contact them, the number i have, and where i believe they are based from, is Atl.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:55 AM

I bet if we did this in Nashville, if anyone could somehow get in touch with Nissan, they'd probably be more than happy to set the group up with some kind of tours of the plant or...something.

It doesn't hurt to ask. Then again, I'm not sure who to ask...
Old 07-14-2011, 09:08 AM

start from teh bottom to the top
Old 07-14-2011, 09:24 AM

Just curious, has Maxus always been during the summer?
Old 07-14-2011, 09:48 AM

^^^^ I think it has always been right before fall cause of students and people usually take there vacation during the summer.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:01 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by DanNY
personally i know we have a large crowd in NE....but i know people are all over.
Yes, the single largest concentration of Maximas is definitely the NYC and NE. I'd say the 2nd, is the DC/VA/MD area. This is according to what I notice with our Maxima orders with NWP.

another assumption...mid 20s.
I agree as well. What I noticed at MAXUS 09 in DC (which had mostly DC and NY crowds), is the majority of the people were between 20-30. But what's so cool about the Maxima community is that there are also plenty of people older than 40 that have just as much fun as long as we keep a family atmosphere and don't get too much into loud music, bikini contests, etc.

whatever fits in the budget. 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, AutoX, go karting, dyno, etc....i think the group is pretty much open to ideas.
I would love some type of organized drag racing event. If the event is well organized, I will definitely tow my world's fastest NA Maxima to race in this event. And we don't need a cash purse to attract Maximas. Just maybe some small, cheap, trophies for bragging rights and possibly some prizes that were donated from our sponsors.

Also, another thing I noticed is that there are plenty of 1/8 mile drag strips in the area, but only a couple of 1/4 mile tracks. And Beech Bend in Bowling Green, KY is a little over an hour away from Nashville, which will be ok by me if we drive that far. Maybe a small city in between Smyrna and Bowling Green, KY can be our central MAXUS location for hotels and restaurants.

I think the majority of Maxima drag racers would much rather prefer a 1/4 mile track if it's possible to get one. I'd even be ok with joining forces with a scheduled TnT evening as long as they would be willing to organize a Maxima ladder for us on the side.

I'm just throwing out ideas.

assume that's a no right now and we'll work on getting some. i know NWP is always willing to pitch in but for others i'm not sure.
Yes, please count NWP Engineering in as a sponsor on some level. If the website gets released early along with flyer designs and the event is heavily promoted, NWP will be able to donate quite a bit towards this event. I usually can't afford to donate too much actual cash, but I can definitely always donate several of our products free of charge at worst.

I would love for the next MAXUS to be involved with the Smyrna, TN Nissan plant. I think that would attract quite a few Maximas.

Here is something I found just now pertaining to a tour of the Nissan plant:
http://factorytoursusa.com/TourDetai...h=&CategoryID=

Free tours are on Tuesday and Thursday. I don't know if a tour on a Fri, Sat, or Sun can be made. But if not, I can foresee MAXUS being scheduled around that Thursday tour. That would be the highlight of the event in my opinion, other than the drag strip event. I'd make sure I'm there for that!
Old 07-14-2011, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron92SE

Free tours are on Tuesday and Thursday. I don't know if a tour on a Fri, Sat, or Sun can be made. But if not, I can foresee MAXUS being scheduled around that Thursday tour. That would be the highlight of the event in my opinion, other than the drag strip event. I'd make sure I'm there for that!
I will talk to Amir about contacting NNA, with about a years advance we could try to schedule a private tour on a friday. Saturday and Sunday tours dont happen. When I worked there, Saturdays were usually worked once or twice a month, and Sunday's the plant is closed. With NNA being based out of Franklin now it is possible to try to get some backing from them for the event, Amir will be the one who will have to talk to them (im deaf)
Old 07-14-2011, 04:14 PM

Hey Dan, why not open a paypall account and let people from the org. donate so its not so hard on the sponsors. The only thing is that the event would have to be held. I`m sitting here wanting to help but have no clue. And I know it always comes down to the dollar. So why not ask us people from the org. to donate. Sure not everyone will help, but I bet you would be surpised in the response. If people from the org. really wants this to happen, they will help.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by 1swtmax
Hey Dan, why not open a paypall account and let people from the org. donate so its not so hard on the sponsors. The only thing is that the event would have to be held. I`m sitting here wanting to help but have no clue. And I know it always comes down to the dollar. So why not ask us people from the org. to donate. Sure not everyone will help, but I bet you would be surpised in the response. If people from the org. really wants this to happen, they will help.
good idea. I mean if we could get a decent amount of people to donate a dollar or so, we could raise some money to rent out the drag strip (which is also home to an Auto-x course[parking lot])
Old 07-16-2011, 12:07 AM

good idea. I mean if we could get a decent amount of people to donate a dollar or so, we could raise some money to rent out the drag strip (which is also home to an Auto-x course[parking lot])
Not bad. It would spread the cost around a bit and the more folks the better.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:40 AM

i'd donate and i'm always strapped for cash...i'd just like to have it happen and not have everything fall on one persons lap
Old 07-27-2011, 04:53 PM

Great!!!

This sounds real good and legit. It would great to have a nice rd trip with other org member from south florida up to TN. I know its far but it would be great. I think this event is going to happen next year. Donation also sounds like a great idea. Don't let one person stress this out to make it happen. If you can only donante a dollar great, if you can donate more even better. If you can donate something every month or every two months it will actually help out a lot. Atleast you can feel good inside when you see this event actually happening and ppl having fun. I know times are hard right. I go to school full time at night and have two jobs. I am willing to donate for this event to happen wether I make it or not.

Count me in as a donor!!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 04:56 PM

I am not on the org as often since im busy with work and school but any updates would be great thanks.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:37 PM

TN would be gr8...I'm in atl and we would be deep.... hope this works out...
Old 08-29-2011, 12:30 PM

So, Amir and I are discussing Maxus2012 right now. Accepting all ideas/thoughts on what would make this event Maxus.

I typed this up rather quick, but it could be a possibility for the weekend.

I was thinking,

Possibly try to arrange a private tour of the Nissan plant on the Friday before the weekend.

we could try to rent Music City Raceway out, could have drag racing and do auto cross in the back parking lot (they do it often)----That could be saturday.

Then Sunday we could either do a park meet, or possibly a cruise like Tour Couture cruise, but no speeding (will have a bunch of cars, will attract attention).

Possibly try to arrange a private tour of the Nissan plant on the Friday before the weekend.

Everything is up in the air right now.

Last edited by tigersharkdude; 08-29-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:02 PM

So, Amir and I are discussing Maxus2012 right now. Accepting all ideas/thoughts on what would make this event Maxus.

I typed this up rather quick, but it could be a possibility for the weekend.

I was thinking,

we could try to rent Music City Raceway out, could have drag racing and do auto cross in the back parking lot (they do it often)----That could be saturday.

Then Sunday we could either do a park meet, or possibly a cruise like Tour Couture cruise, but no speeding (will have a bunch of cars, will attract attention).

Everything is up in the air right now.

Sounds like a good start. I like the idea of touring the plant. Maybe have the meet at the plant parking lot.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by 1swtmax
Sounds like a good start. I like the idea of touring the plant. Maybe have the meet at the plant parking lot.
not happening. you arent getting in that parking lot without a plant ID, I know this I used to work there and it took them about 3 weeks just to give me an ID after I passed their check. You can get in the visitors lot without an ID but there is only parking for about 20 cars.

Quick Reply: MAXUS 2012