Maxus Discuss the National Maxima Meeting
View Poll Results: So where do you want MAXUS 2012?
Nashville TN - they call it "Nash-vegas" for a reason..no?
50.98%
Houston TX - well they say everything is bigger in Texas
37.25%
I really don't care as long as there is one going on.
11.76%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Where do you want Maxus 2012 to be?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 06:09 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Where do you want Maxus 2012 to be?

Nashville TN?
Houston TX?

TN - itinerary
http://forums.maxima.org/8183892-post38.html

TX - itinerary
http://forums.maxima.org/8255869-post72.html

please note the itinerary are very very tentative and they are subject to change.

Last edited by DanNY; 11-03-2011 at 07:00 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:47 AM

Voted
Old 11-03-2011, 07:05 AM
Got Retrofit?

New Yawk? lol
Old 11-03-2011, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisMan287
New Yawk? lol
:matt93se:

Old 11-03-2011, 07:14 AM
NWP Engineering.com

The reason why I voted for Nashville is because the Nissan plant tour really interests me. And I am hoping there will also be a 1/4 mile drag racing event that I can bring my world's fastest NA Maxima to.

Also, Nashville is 9 hours from Eastern NC. Houston is 20. So the distance has a little to do with it too.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Aaron92SE
The reason why I voted for Nashville is because the Nissan plant tour really interests me.
that would be pretty baller, they should move the plant here.

And I am hoping there will also be a 1/4 mile drag racing event that I can bring my world's fastest NA Maxima to.... Houston is 20 hours.
it's a VQ, it'll make it,
Old 11-03-2011, 07:42 AM

If you guys REALLY want a tour of sumfin cool we can always do the Space Center

And it's right near a good place for a night meet, family friendly and what not.

Hrmm.....
Old 11-03-2011, 07:49 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by aackshun

And it's right near a good place for a night meet, family friendly and what not.

Hrmm.....
interesting....
Old 11-03-2011, 07:59 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by mightyMax95

it's a VQ, it'll make it,
The Nissan plant in TN makes the Maxima and Altima. I would love to see that!

And my VQ will make it. But, more than likely, I will tow the 92 Maxima VQ35 for the drag racing event. I hope to have a 5K stall converter installed by then and want to whoop up on the turbo/nitrous guys a bit. I like to go all out for track events. So just in case if something breaks while making an 11 second pass, I won't be stuck.

Originally Posted by aackshun

Hrmm.....
Space Center sounds pretty cool too!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:12 AM

voted for either. Where ever we can expect the best turn out really

One thing I want to add. Im pretty sure most people will stay for more than two days (a long drive backed up by a busy weekend, WE NO LEAVE MONDAY.lol) (I'd personally stay for like 5, never been to houston and would like to see the sights). Possibly try to get some extended room rates for those people. Maybe get some group stuff together if/for people that would like to get together afterwords.

Last edited by tigersharkdude; 11-03-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:32 AM

Well as planned the Road Rally is an ALL day event, and you will see all of the major sites (touristy stuff) that Houston has, and Sunday is left open for a reason, some people may want to leave early, or want to revisit some things.

I can end the road rally @ Space Center Houston and after the tour we can goto Main Event, it's basically a cheaper version of Dave and Busters.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:05 PM

Nashvegas!!

It would be my first maxus
Old 11-04-2011, 01:25 AM
Banned

never really payed too much attention to Maxus but i reall want to go if its as big of an event as i think it is houston is cool for me but Nashville DAMN thats a drive lol but i think i'm down for either as well lol hope all works out well
Old 11-04-2011, 06:15 AM

Brad, do you remember where the 1/4 mile strip is? I know the same family that owns Union Hill owns the 1/4 mile strip. I want to say it's right over the boarder somewhere in Franklin/Lexington...

Voted for Nashvegas for various reasons.

One being that I don't want to look a fool driving to Houston in an Infiniti to go to a Maxima meet.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Brett
One being that I don't want to look a fool driving to Houston in an Infiniti to go to a Maxima meet.
Like you'd be the only one .... Fool that is....
Old 11-04-2011, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Brett
Brad, do you remember where the 1/4 mile strip is? I know the same family that owns Union Hill owns the 1/4 mile strip. I want to say it's right over the boarder somewhere in Franklin/Lexington...
Beech Bend in Bowling Green. Its about an hour from Nashville, youve also got the Corvette plant and the National Corvette Museum right there.

also, you could tag along with me if you didnt want to drive the whole way if it does go down in Houston. If needed I could pull my subs (only happening if I DO get some hearing from this implant, the subs give a break from the ("deafness") when driving.

Last edited by tigersharkdude; 11-04-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:44 PM

The reason why I voted for Nashville is because the Nissan plant tour really interests me.
I've been to Dallas. Texas is... not really nice to visit. (this is where Houstoners get offended because I'm assuming the cities are basically the same and the other Texans get offended because they're Texans)

Nashville has moisture in the air, which is nice, but crap-loads of allergens, which is not-so-nice.

Regardless: VQ35 factory! Maxima factory! Leafs driving around, supposedly! Who can vote against those three things? The space program will be extinct in a few years, anyway, so why bother with a tour?

Hey, if you're going to do stuff in Bowling Green, you'd might as well drive the next two hours north to get to Louisville, yeah! We have... .... ... nothing.

I had a roommate from Franklin, KY. All that's there is a Subway and a Pilot. It'd be interesting to see what sort of vehicles would be dragged in Franklin.

Last edited by Eirik; 11-04-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Eirik
I've been to Dallas. Texas is... not really nice to visit. (this is where Houstoners get offended because I'm assuming the cities are basically the same and the other Texans get offended because they're Texans)
not sure where you went in dallas but there's actually a lot to do there. there's surely more to do in Houston.

Originally Posted by Eirik
The space program will be extinct in a few years, anyway, so why bother with a tour?
what better reason to see it then?
Old 11-06-2011, 09:38 AM

Houston because it has some of the best meets and races and texas 2k12 is only miles away at galveston
Old 11-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Maxima.org Insomniac

Any chance we can goto a road course event at Texas World Speedway? If so then I would be down to visit Houston again in the May-June time frame. It doesn't have to be a Maxima/Nissan only event as its next to impossible to get that many of us on a road course.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by 98SEBlackMax
Any chance we can goto a road course event at Texas World Speedway? If so then I would be down to visit Houston again in the May-June time frame. It doesn't have to be a Maxima/Nissan only event as its next to impossible to get that many of us on a road course.
or possibly plan Maxus around a track day. Ive never had the chance to track (for a pretty FAIL reason [local event runner wont allow any deaf drivers). I know if I could get out there I'd gladly/happily run around the track.

As much as I wanted Maxus in Nashville, Houston is sounding very very tempting.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by 98SEBlackMax
No, extremely unlikely, I'm not going to waste time organizing that for.... 5 people to hit up the road course.....

Unless there is an overwhelming interest in it, there will not be a road course event.

If Red-Meat Race fuel continues next year then I can plan maxus right after RMRF Thursday @ MSR Houston, so you can get cheap course time then enjoy maxus, but it will not be a part of maxus at all still (not included in the "Houston" packages)

I'm still doubtful of the AutoX, just because of what I've heard in the past, and if I did one... It wouldn't really be a Maxima enthusiast event, I would hold a AutoX @ Maxus and it'd be open to anyone just to help keep cost down, holding a AutoX would make the Maxus Budget in the green and I'd pass the green along to the participants, eg. more fabolous trophies, prizes, food, etc....

Speaking of trophies... Let me get my categories straight....

Furthest Participant
1st Place Road Rally
2nd Place Road Rally
3rd Place Road Rally
Best 3rd Gen @ Maxus
Best 4th Gen @ Maxus
Best 5th Gen @ Maxus
Best 6th Gen @ Maxus
Best 7th Gen @ Maxus
1st Place N/A Maxima *
1st Place N/A All out Class *
1st Place FI/Power Adder Maxima *
Fastest Car @ Maxus *
Maxus Spirit Award *

* = Must purchase at least the enthusiast or (in some cases) the race package to be considered

Need to start budgeting and planning prizes... Got to get all of my cost down before I come up with my Sponsor Business plan I have to present to the potenial sponsors so I can make things look very interesting for a company wanting to spend their money on us....

I've already got some great ideas from some locals to make this on pretty unique... EG. Mobile Mechanic, having my job stock up on Maxima parts before the meet so it'd be damn near impossible for someone to get stuck in Houston because their car broke....

Last edited by aackshun; 11-06-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:13 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Old 11-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Banned

Good **** aackshunB

I like where this is going
Old 11-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

so far TN is beating out TX by a few votes.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:31 AM

we need a def. decision by the end of the year.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by tigersharkdude
we need a def. decision by the end of the month.
Fixed, If Houston isn't the clear choice by then, I'm dropping out of it, there will always be 2013.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:49 AM
^ Jeff™

Baytown 1/4 mile track in Houston usually nets great numbers. Almost perfect sea level. Tons to do in Houston too.

Guess in Nashville we could visit the Nissan plant and learn to play banjos? (I keed I keed! )
Old 11-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Addicted to the Org

I'm voting Houston just because I live there
Old 11-09-2011, 06:16 PM

im really like Aaron's plans for Houston. Its up to the people (hence why I voted either), but I'd actually rather do Houston than Nashville because, Im already going to houston and dallas next summer, as stated aaron has some good plans and ideas, I dont know if we could do Nashville for $200 with 2 nights in a nice hotel (even cheaper hotels around the area of where the events would be tend to run $100 a night)
Old 11-10-2011, 06:30 PM

Too bad the Florida Maxus didn't happen. It would have been a one tank round trip there and back for me.

Voted for Nashville for a few reasons.

1) Nissan factory
2) Shorter drive, with much better scenery driving there
3) Better weather, not as hot if it's during summer.

If there isn't a road course, autocross, etc., at least have some kind of "fun" course set up, such as some cones to slalom, or a poker run.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:45 PM

the nissan factory is no guarantee. We'd have to get in contact with them as they don have normal tours on friday's
Old 11-10-2011, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by T_Behr904
3) Better weather, not as hot if it's during summer.

If there isn't a road course, autocross, etc., at least have some kind of "fun" course set up, such as some cones to slalom, or a poker run.

we could try and set those things up, we do have a road course BUT its inside of a racetrack and we'd have to rent the track for a day which is thousands of dollars (NashvilleSuperSpeedway). I could talk to a local guy that runs auto cross (but if there is barely any interests it would kill funds to do this. We could always setup a cruise (we have some nice roads in the area...Tour Couture is a big event where a bunch of cars cruise around for like 200 miles hitting the local "epic" roads) so we could do a tour couture type cruise.

Also, have ever looked at how hot it gets here in the summer? Avg. is like 95 with 100% humidity nearly everyday.

also, as stated above Nashville will more than likely be more expensive than Houston thus causing a smaller turnout.

For Nashville, I wanted to do a 3 day Maxus: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (friday is optional because that would be tour plant day/ as the plant is closed most saturdays and other misc. things.). If the plant tour plan falls through it would then just be Saturday and Sunday
Old 11-10-2011, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by tigersharkdude
Also, have ever looked at how hot it gets here in the summer? Avg. is like 95 with 100% humidity nearly everyday
I know all about heat and humidity being from Florida. Morning low's during the summer are over 80 degrees at dawn.

I think a slalom course would be fun to do. You don't need alot of cones, and a few hundred feet of straight road. It would be fun to watch people attempt the slalom, and see who can make it through without killing cones. A timed contest can be made from it, with points deducted for hitting cones. To some people who have never slalomed, it looks easy, but when they start sawing back and forth with the wheel while trying to maintain a steady speed, they learn it's not as easy as it looks!
Old 11-10-2011, 08:38 PM

I know all about heat and humidity being from Florida. Morning low's during the summer are over 80 degrees at dawn.

I think a slalom course would be fun to do. You don't need alot of cones, and a few hundred feet of straight road. It would be fun to watch people attempt the slalom, and see who can make it through without killing cones. A timed contest can be made from it, with points deducted for hitting cones. To some people who have never slalomed, it looks easy, but when they start sawing back and forth with the wheel while trying to maintain a steady speed, they learn it's not as easy as it looks!
Yuuup.

Maxus will be HOT anywhere south of the dixie, there is NO avoiding that.

It's all mental, the car is usually more capable of the driver, usually you get too into the see-saw rhythm and let off the throttle and your see saw throttle dance gets all hard and you start to wonder why your steering gets harder and freak out and hit the brakes... happens to a lot of people.

Question, since you guys seem to be more into the touristy thing....

How would Galveston sound to you guys???? Your cars would get sandy but it is the summer and some of you guys aren't near beaches in your home towns.....

I can end the road rally in Galveston for a night BBQ or sumfin... But there isn't much to do down there besides hit the beach, cook, wade some water and lay on the sand... But to some that sounds fun, considering there could be around 90 other maxima nuts doing it with you.

Last edited by aackshun; 11-10-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:57 AM

I voted for Nashville cause it is close but I have friends in Houston so that could work too. I don't know. Just gotta wait and see really. I would be down to just go really.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:04 AM

voted. hopefully i'll come this year. 3rd try is a charm right?
Old 11-11-2011, 11:17 AM

Hmmm... just thought of another idea. If an old runway or something like could be found, I think doing standing mile runs would be sweet.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:35 AM

Hmmm... just thought of another idea. If an old runway or something like could be found, I think doing standing mile runs would be sweet.
T-BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Oh and yeah, not happening in Houston, tried that for something else local.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:38 AM

not happening here either, I know of NO old abandoned air fields.

Quick Reply: Where do you want Maxus 2012 to be?