New Member Introductions New to Maxima.org? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum!

07 Maxima with multiple issues giving me a headache

Old 03-24-2017, 09:46 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

07 Maxima with multiple issues giving me a headache

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I really hope some of you guys could help shed some light on the crazy stuff my car is doing. First, i started getting hard shifts between 1st and 2nd, then weeks later fail safe mode on the busiest bridge around in 7:30 am traffic. Gave UC1000, P0868, and P0746. Cleared codes, it drove fine until a week later. Fail safe mode again. On the way home that afternoon, was running 70 and rpms jumped from 2.25 to about 6 then back down. Constant shifting up and down. Got P1800 and P0746. Drained 8 qts of cvt fluid which was burnt and replaced with new, but no metal shavings. Still had hard shift but and limp mode but no code for a few days. Drained 4 more qts of cvt fluid and replaced with new. Replaced VIAS solenoid and p1800 gone. Now getting P0776 and P0868. It goes into fail safe mode almost immediately.

I work an hour away so my boyfriend has been taking my car and letting me drive his truck to work. It takes him almost 30 minutes to get not even 2 miles to work in my car. I really can't afford to have it sent to a shop or the Nissan dealer. We are going to check connections this weekend. A couple of months ago before this started he replaced the high pressure power steering hose which was leaking at one of the connectors. Looking for schematics or drawings to see if there are any sensors that affect cvt that the fluid could have leaked on and damaged.Any ideas??

Search this Thread