Nitrous Discuss dry, wet, and direct port nitrous setups. How many shots can you handle?

Nitrous setup pictures

Old 10-21-2004, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by maxboogie
lets see some timeslips. i say 12.7 seconds to blow your motor. how the heck are you spraying before the m.a.f. what are you nuts.didnt you get a real kit or did you fabricate one. now im a newbie but you are just nuts.
he's a rice boy with a max. figured he'd just slap on a nitrous kit, and forget all the other aspects of running nitrous, and using it correctly. He'll learn the hard way if he doesnt listen now
Old 10-21-2004, 09:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

what woudl you guys recommend for a beginner, i have a 2k 5th gen?
Old 10-21-2004, 09:50 PM

A wet kit with a 35 shot. As you get more knowledge about nitrous, you can move to higher shots and more mods that compliment juice like a high flow fuel pump and colder plugs.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:20 PM

are all kits the same or is nx better than nos? also when u say colder plugs, u mean copper right? would a fuel pressure regulator help out?
Old 10-21-2004, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by 30585
what woudl you guys recommend for a beginner, i have a 2k 5th gen?
that all depends on what you have done to the motor already. if its bone stock with no upgrades, then N2O isnt right for you at the moment. if i were you, I would do an Intake setup, a full exhaust setup (headers, high flow cat or race pipe, Y pipe, and catback with a nice muffler), then put a nitrous system in. and actually, I would say start with a 50 shot (wet or direct port), then as you learn more and know what to do with the NOS, you can upgrade the shot amount. I dont know for a fact what the VG30DEs handle nitrous whise, but i would think its around 125-200hp shot range on stock internals. I know my altima's 4cyl is suppose to only handle up to a 75 shot safely on stock internals, and V6s can handle more.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:24 PM

are all kits the same or is nx better than nos? also when u say colder plugs, u mean copper right? would a fuel pressure regulator help out?
a FPR is only needed on a high shot. the stock FPR on a Max should be able to handle up to a 125-150shot (correct me if im wrong please), from my experience, and what i've heard from others, the NX kit and the NOS kit are pretty similar. the ZEX kit can be a problem though. I've only personally used the NOS kit, and I like it. I wouldnt switch
Old 10-21-2004, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Nissan Love
a FPR is only needed on a high shot. the stock FPR on a Max should be able to handle up to a 125-150shot (correct me if im wrong please), from my experience, and what i've heard from others, the NX kit and the NOS kit are pretty similar. the ZEX kit can be a problem though. I've only personally used the NOS kit, and I like it. I wouldnt switch
can anyone else vouch for the nos kit over the nx or the zex?
Old 10-22-2004, 12:55 AM

that all depends on what you have done to the motor already. if its bone stock with no upgrades, then N2O isnt right for you at the moment. if i were you, I would do an Intake setup, a full exhaust setup (headers, high flow cat or race pipe, Y pipe, and catback with a nice muffler), then put a nitrous system in. and actually, I would say start with a 50 shot (wet or direct port), then as you learn more and know what to do with the NOS, you can upgrade the shot amount. I dont know for a fact what the VG30DEs handle nitrous whise, but i would think its around 125-200hp shot range on stock internals. I know my altima's 4cyl is suppose to only handle up to a 75 shot safely on stock internals, and V6s can handle more.
i actually have an intake y udp blehmco grounding kit and that would be it motor wise that i can think of.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:27 PM

he's a rice boy with a max. figured he'd just slap on a nitrous kit, and forget all the other aspects of running nitrous, and using it correctly. He'll learn the hard way if he doesnt listen now
rice boy? ok ok w/e say whatever you want since you know half the people on the board will back your sorry ***. By doing what you're saying with tapping the fuel line and the f.p.r. crap you're essentially creating a wet-kit.

Seems to me like half you guys STILL don't understand how a dry-shot works and how the MAF compensates for it so I won't even bother trying since it will just escalade into a 7-page hate-ful thread where all you do is bash on me so keep up your ignorance and see where it gets you. I don't care HOW LONG you've been running your ****ing "dry" or wet shot, the point is if you've never worked on your engine or even opened one up you're no damn expert on how anything works so STFU

My suggestion is go hang out with some people who know what they're talking about so you don't have to rely on a forum full of amateurs. I've installed more than 4 kits already on various cars including the Mach 1 I raced and a Z28... both of which have 11 sec time-slips to prove that my installs worked. What do you people have as proof? A piece of **** install that was either done for you by a shop and all you did was pay for it and now you think you're a nitrous professional or you installed your own kit by drilling a hole and splicing into a fuel-line as you followed directions given to you by a web-site full of people who don't know how the system works they just know it works and they assume its a dry shot even though they spliced into the fuel-feed line and ran it to the nozzle thinking it was done to create vacuum for the fuel pressure regulator to pick up when in reality all they did was create a wet-shot that worked off the fuel-pressure provided by the fuel-pump.

Believe it or not I don't care. I'm telling you you're wrong and you DO spray the DRY SHOT through the MAF if you only have ONE solenoid. If you disaggree then go ahead. I told you guys what I did and I got flamed for it eventhough it worked PROPERLY. so why don't you all just lay off and ***** some other thread.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:24 PM

talk bout a bit of hostility...
Old 10-25-2004, 04:35 PM

talk bout a bit of hostility...
well come on, you would defend yourself too if everyone just decided to bash on you
Old 10-25-2004, 04:54 PM

who ever said that you make a dry kit, a wet kit by taping into your fuel line or the FPR? Let me explain it, a "dry kit" spays N2O into the intake manifold. when the solenoids are activate, it creates a vaccuum on the hose coming off the solenoid. that hose goes to the FPR, and there is a T juntion wher a seperate hose goes to the to reconnect the stock setup. the increase in the vaccum makes the FPR allow more fuel to be added into each cyl. with a wet kit, there are 2 seperate solenoids. 1 for N2O, and 1 for fuel. they are BOTH fired into the Intake manifold at the same time. that is why its called a "wet" system. because its is wet going in, unlike dry which is a gas going in, therefore, its dry.

as for my knowledge of how an engine works, I have plenty. I also have 2 motors in my garage, stripped down, that I am building up. 1 for N/A, and the other for Boost. you have no clue what I know, and its obvious, I know more than you. sorry, but anyone who just slaps a nitrous kit on a car, and not even do the basic bolt ons to help it work better (I/H/E) is a rice boy. but dont take my word for any of what i said, you will learn in time.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:08 PM

ill freely admit, I had the same thought process as you do when i first started using Nitrous. but do some research, and ask the right questions, and you will learn.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:39 PM

can anyone else vouch for the nos kit over the nx or the zex?
i have the nos kit. i started off dry with a 70 shot and just air intake and ran like that for several yrs with no problems what so ever. i just recently upgraded to the wet shot which was a simple conversion.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by russianyuri
well come on, you would defend yourself too if everyone just decided to bash on you
russianyuri you have every right to defend yourself. but i have been installing dry shot, wet shot conversions along with s/c install plus. i have a 12.9 automatic and also have had work done by vinny ten a expert at this. and i have never heard of a safe way of running a dry shot thru the m.a.f. you do not splice into the fuel line for a dry shot the fuel is increased by senseing a vacuum from the solenoids. you need two nitrous solenoids to accomplish this with a device that fits in between the two . when the nitrous is fed thru them the vacuum created raises and lowers the fuel to the injectors. the way you are doing it must be ingenious i give it to you and if it works for you thats fine but its definitley not the proper way to install.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by C MAX
russianyuri you have every right to defend yourself. but i have been installing dry shot, wet shot conversions along with s/c install plus. i have a 12.9 automatic and also have had work done by vinny ten a expert at this. and i have never heard of a safe way of running a dry shot thru the m.a.f. you do not splice into the fuel line for a dry shot the fuel is increased by senseing a vacuum from the solenoids. you need two nitrous solenoids to accomplish this with a device that fits in between the two . when the nitrous is fed thru them the vacuum created raises and lowers the fuel to the injectors. the way you are doing it must be ingenious i give it to you and if it works for you thats fine but its definitley not the proper way to install.
correct but that is just ONE way of doing it. Spraying the MAF is another alternative. If you disagree then think about how a "Sneaky Pete" kit works... only one solenoid, dry shot, and utilizes the MAF to do the dirty-work. On a second note, all camaro LS1 owners who run dry-shots only use one solenoid and one nozzle and spray right through the MAF

Old 10-25-2004, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by C MAX
dont get me wrong, it will work spraying the MAF, but as you said, its not the correct way to spray. If he doesnt believe me, he will learn later. if he wants to try, he can relocate the jet to after the MAF, and he will notice a big difference in power for the better.

Russian, and sneaky pete system doesnt use as much N2O as a typical dry or wet setup. it puts out less PSIs than a 10lb setup from my understanding. plus, how many solenoids are in your system? im gonna guess 2, and 1 bigger one that the vaccuum hoses come off of. therefore, install it accordingly to what you have. Now, I have never used, or installed a sneaky pete system, so I may not be correct on the PSI level. you are not using a sneaky pete setup, you need to install it correctly according to your car, and what your car requires. If you dont believe me, call up Holley, and reach their technical department, and ask one of the techs where you should place the nozzle.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:10 PM

http://www.superstreetonline.com/tec...edelbrock350z/

go to step 13 at the bottom of this article, even on a high HP 350Z, look where they tell you to place the nozzle on a dry setup. and the same goes for a wet setup
Old 10-26-2004, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by russianyuri
correct but that is just ONE way of doing it. Spraying the MAF is another alternative. If you disagree then think about how a "Sneaky Pete" kit works... only one solenoid, dry shot, and utilizes the MAF to do the dirty-work. On a second note, all camaro LS1 owners who run dry-shots only use one solenoid and one nozzle and spray right through the MAF
It is only an alternative on some engines. As I understand this with the limited knowledge I have of LS1's, the MAF on the LS1 is read by the computer during WOT while the rest do not, so it will compensate with more fuel. Now you may get away with this on a small shot but you are playing with fire. Thats why the nitrous manuf's make a different kit for the LS1's.

You will notice that the NOS tells you that the Sneaky Pete requires extra fuel :

"The Sneeky Pete was designed as a true "Cheater Kit." This kit will enable you to obtain that extra tenth of a second without being obvious. It will be necessary to jet the carburetors a little richer (over and above what is normal, since you will have to compensate for the nitrous from the Sneeky Pete) while being "sneeky" since no additional fuel source is utilized."

You will also notice that the kit for the LS1's (5177) is different from the others because they spray the MAF.

Just because it works on an LS1 does not mean it will work on all other engines.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:53 PM

thanks for the pictures guys it help me with my install process
Old 12-01-2004, 09:23 PM
Advocatus Diaboli

I'm not gonna take sides here, but doesn't Zex offer this kit?
http://www.powerandperformancenews.c...egory_Code=EAA
And unless i'm wrong, the filter goes before the MAF, right?
But like i said, im not taking sides, i just wanted to share some info...
Old 12-05-2004, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by bigleman
I'm not gonna take sides here, but doesn't Zex offer this kit?
http://www.powerandperformancenews.c...egory_Code=EAA
And unless i'm wrong, the filter goes before the MAF, right?
But like i said, im not taking sides, i just wanted to share some info...
For cars without MAF, that run on a speed-density or MAP system.
Unless you like to blow MAFs.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Please to be explaining how you "blow" a MAF.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:54 PM
Sly

Originally Posted by KenGVR4
Please to be explaining how you "blow" a MAF.
The MAF sensor on the Maxima uses a heated wire to gauge airflow. Repeatedly spraying a cold gas (much colder than ambient) onto the sensor can cause the hot wire to break due to the extreme change in temperature. At least that's my guess.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:28 PM

NX wet install in progress!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/144882/3
Old 04-24-2005, 12:33 PM

wow .. these are some nice cars ... i gotta save up big :P
Old 09-01-2005, 02:22 PM

I used to have a ZEX dry kit (50 or 55 shot). I pulled it after I installed the SC. Now I have a quazi-custom N.O.S. Pro fogger kit. I estimate that I am getting somewhere around 75 hp from it (running the smallest configuration of jets I can find, .012 fuel/.020 N2O).

Bottle mounted in the same place as last time.

no throttle or window switch this time... button is IN the steering wheel .
Old 10-23-2005, 08:10 PM

Sleepermaxima, i like your set-up! That button is in the perfect spot, but are you nervous about hitting it at the wrong time....
After looking at that picture again I'm wondering by how much those lines and everything clear the stock hood? if it's stock thats ill, I didn't think there was that much room.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:11 PM

Totally stock hood. Didn't have to cut the insulation either. The only thing this interfered with was the strut tower bar. b

But...
make sure you get a throttle switch and possibly a window switch too. I blew the motor while spraying and inadvertantly was not at WOT and was bumping the rev limiter (ghetto purging while doing a burnout at the track). Blew the headgasket or cracked the head, I don't know for sure which.

Sucks cause I made that button wireless the night before I f-ed it up. I also recommend doing a wireless button if you put a button on the steering wheel. The wire got caught between the column and the steering wheel on more than one occasion. Very dangerous.

Anyway, I'm putting another motor in soon and will def put a throttle switch in line with the button so both have to be on before it sprays.

D
Old 10-24-2005, 07:48 AM

Sorry to hear about your motor.

yeah i was planning on being super safe with my set-up, ie arming switch, window switch, tps activated switch, AND a push botton all in series of course. Now I know thats definitly how I'm going to do it.

where did you get your wireless switch and how much did it cost?
Old 10-24-2005, 09:05 AM

i am also planning on putting in a nos kit. its going to be a 75 wet shot. i just have to find the right kit to go with my car. its a 2003 nissan altima 2.5s.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:41 AM

please go here for wireless button info http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....90#post4424790

D
Old 11-05-2005, 03:10 PM

Alright, I was hoping for a favor. I'd like to see some more set-up pics so I didn't know if the people who's links are no longer valid could update them so I could see what there doing for locations.

Also, I'm picking up my stick ninetysix i30 (FINALLY!!) On monday morning and I've got everything ready to go and I plan on juicing it asap!
I'm thinking I'd like to mount my msd digital window switch and my zex tps switch in the glovebox, what do you guys think? Also, I'm curious how the heck I'm supposed to mount the bottle brackets to the body while still being able to slip the carpet over and have it look clean, I have a 10lb nx bottle w/zex padded brackets, and it is DEFINITLY going in the trunk (saves me the money of having to use a blow-down, I beleive, as I read the ihra rules and it says it's only needed for 'bottles located within the passenger cabin' I'm assuming the trunk is not part of the passanger cabin duh)
Also, what I'm thinking here, for mounting the bottle, is to just have the brackets welded to the body in the trunk (I would prefer that over bolts for both safety and corrosion reasons!) and then cutting large rectangle holes in the cardboard so it would slip over the brackets and then just cut slices in the carpet so it will fit over the brackets and still look semi clean??????
Old 12-20-2005, 02:46 PM

My Setup

hey yall, here are pictures of my setup.. this is best I could do for now.

My main activation switch.

Solonoids

The bottles home

My bottle warmer (im not using the nitrous too much at all till i get a real warmer and a gauge)

My home made fitting, i taped into the fuel after the filter.
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/2940/dsc028429wv.jpg
Old 01-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Maxima.Org Bishes

I just bought a Motor with NOS installed on it but never used. I might need advice when the engine goes inthe car here is a pic of the engine

Old 01-04-2006, 06:35 PM
Maxima.Org Bishes

Anyone customize the Purging system like purging it out of the Wheel Welds or up by the Windshield?
If so do you have any Pics to Share
Old 01-04-2006, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by streetzlegend

My home made fitting, i taped into the fuel after the filter.
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/2940/dsc028429wv.jpg

AAAAHHHHH NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why on earth would you not use a nissan fuel filter???????????? It's only $12, get one tomorrow and put it in asap!!!!
Old 01-04-2006, 09:56 PM

what are you talkin about? I do have a fuel filter!
Old 01-14-2006, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by MAXDADDY98
Anyone customize the Purging system like purging it out of the Wheel Welds or up by the Windshield?
If so do you have any Pics to Share
Either you need a small pipe bender or the NX manual says you can use 3/16 vacuum line.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by secondhandninja
my setup is complete and can be seen here

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/643258

sorry i cant host the pics here
Really clean, you can even make it stealth if you cover the solnoids with some
black platic so some sort.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nitrous setup pictures