Nitrous Discuss dry, wet, and direct port nitrous setups. How many shots can you handle?

Nitrous Turbo Meth 3.5

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 01:32 PM

Old 08-17-2010, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by ajcool2
Old 08-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Turbo 3.5

you know what it's about the TRACK

btw have you started on a maf-less nitrous tune yet

Last edited by t6378tp; 08-17-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by t6378tp
you know what it's about the TRACK

btw have you started on a maf-less nitrous tune yet
Not yet, I might have to wait till i go to the track to tune for that. I just put on the stock manifold and ditched the SSIM, so with the new power and torque I have no traction, so would be very hard to tune on street.

Was thinking of hooking the MAF back up. spraying and logging to see how the voltage differs, theres going to be alot more flow in earlier rpm's so i have to compensate for that.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by streetzlegend
Not yet, I might have to wait till i go to the track to tune for that. I just put on the stock manifold and ditched the SSIM, so with the new power and torque I have no traction, so would be very hard to tune on street.

Was thinking of hooking the MAF back up. spraying and logging to see how the voltage differs, theres going to be alot more flow in earlier rpm's so i have to compensate for that.

hook this nigg@ up with that SSIM who made it?
Old 08-18-2010, 11:01 AM
LandShark has Cosworth

Nitrous gods...

So you are convinced that the SSIM is worthless to you? What did you do to the stock IM to make it work for you? Curious because I'm making some plans for the newest engine. (Should be running within a week).

Meet the Nitrous gods ! ::

http://www.induction-solutions.com/f...read.php?t=306

I have some parts are on order, some things to figure out yet about two stages of direct-port injection.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Kevlo for President

The ssim took away all the low end power and with his big turbo, he already has plenty of top end.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:59 AM
LandShark has Cosworth

Originally Posted by Kevlo911
The ssim took away all the low end power and with his big turbo, he already has plenty of top end.
Hmmmm... I guess that makes sense. With the original divider in the IM plenum, airflow to the upper three ports and the lower three ports would be less turbulent? Did streetz leave the flapper closed or take it out?

I've never had a problem with low-end using nitrous, but when I go to direct-port I would rather have all the airflow I can get. The nitrous nozzles will be hanging above the intake valves so I don't have to worry so much about nitrous mixing in the plenum...

At that point, either a Kinetix or the SSR or SRR manifold might be needed. Of course, there's always the dream of ITBs with direct-port injection to think about.

Last edited by grey99max; 08-18-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by grey99max
Hmmmm... I guess that makes sense. With the original divider in the IM plenum, airflow to the upper three ports and the lower three ports would be less turbulent? Did streetz leave the flapper closed or take it out?

I've never had a problem with low-end using nitrous, but when I go to direct-port I would rather have all the airflow I can get. The nitrous nozzles will be hanging above the intake valves so I don't have to worry so much about nitrous mixing in the plenum...

At that point, either a Kenetix or the SSR or SRR manifold might be needed. Of course, there's always the dream of ITBs with direct-port injection to think about.

Hey whats up Harold, well the SSIM for MY setup is useless. It takes away just too much low and mid range, and takes forever for my turbo to spool up.
Once I put on the stock manfiold with VIAS deleted (just a blockoff plate), there was instant new power and torque everywhere. I only rev to 6200 so I have no use for the SSIM.

btw check out my latest http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....64#post7697264
Old 08-18-2010, 06:36 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

Hey whats up Harold, well the SSIM for MY setup is useless. It takes away just too much low and mid range, and takes forever for my turbo to spool up.
Once I put on the stock manfiold with VIAS deleted (just a blockoff plate), there was instant new power and torque everywhere. I only rev to 6200 so I have no use for the SSIM.

btw check out my latest http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....64#post7697264
Wow - get rid of the misfiring and you will have a solid 400WHP. Did you check the voltage coming out of the Boosta? If something went bad inside and it drops the output voltage a bunch, you would have serious misfires.

So you are running with a stock IM and no opening between the upper and lower parts of the plenum - and the low end got a lot stronger? Wow. Does your elbow still have the factory divider?

I know my original NA dyno of the 3.5 showed a weak lower range. This is good information. Real good information. Thanx...

Old 08-18-2010, 08:17 PM

Wow - get rid of the misfiring and you will have a solid 400WHP. Did you check the voltage coming out of the Boosta? If something went bad inside and it drops the output voltage a bunch, you would have serious misfires.

So you are running with a stock IM and no opening between the upper and lower parts of the plenum - and the low end got a lot stronger? Wow. Does your elbow still have the factory divider?

I know my original NA dyno of the 3.5 showed a weak lower range. This is good information. Real good information. Thanx...

Yeah sitll have divider on elbow and as well as the actual manifold. only thing done is I removed the butterfly and put a blockoff plate.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:58 AM
brotherhood of tq

Meet the Nitrous gods ! ::

http://www.induction-solutions.com/f...read.php?t=306

I have some parts are on order, some things to figure out yet about two stages of direct-port injection.

sweeeeeet jesus
Old 08-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Still kickin'

some of those 3-stage nitrous setups are intense...
Old 08-23-2010, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mad-MAX_SE

some of those 3-stage nitrous setups are intense...
Some of those guys are gonna be running upwards of 1000hp worth of nitrous.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:52 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

Originally Posted by krazy6
Some of those guys are gonna be running upwards of 1000hp worth of nitrous.
They build some of the ADRL nitrous cars, including those of the other ADRL (Arabian Drag Racing League). They recently bought the American Drag Racing League. http://www.adrl.us/

I've seen the ADRL group run twice - geeze, they run 3.6-3.9 secs in the 1/8, at around or over 200 MPH. Truly monster drag cars... Irony - their points leader as of July 2010 was the Titan Motorsports turbo car, with a - wait for it - a Supra engine !

Old 02-03-2012, 03:30 PM

Back from the dead:

Probably the last step before my next track/dyno.

I have to re-mount the nitrous and the methanol nozzle's.
I have a dry nitrous shot.

Should I put the meth closer to the TB and the nitrous further away?
The meth moves slower (heavier particles/droplets), so by having the nitrous before it, the nitrous will kinda push the meth?

Thoughts?

The meth nozzle shoots the fluid straight into the pipe while the nitrous shots into the direction of the flow. Which makes me think that if i have the nitrous flowing first and the meth sprays, the nitrous would grab the meth and force it into the air flow's path (reduce the amount of meth that hits the intake pipe wall across it).
Old 02-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Turbo 3.5

Random thought, is it possible for the nitrous to freeze the meth seeing how it's mixed with water
Old 02-03-2012, 05:33 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

Back from the dead:

Probably the last step before my next track/dyno.

I have to re-mount the nitrous and the methanol nozzle's.
I have a dry nitrous shot.

Should I put the meth closer to the TB and the nitrous further away?
The meth moves slower (heavier particles/droplets), so by having the nitrous before it, the nitrous will kinda push the meth?

Thoughts?

The meth nozzle shoots the fluid straight into the pipe while the nitrous shots into the direction of the flow. Which makes me think that if i have the nitrous flowing first and the meth sprays, the nitrous would grab the meth and force it into the air flow's path (reduce the amount of meth that hits the intake pipe wall across it).
Interesting - since the meth/water is likely to settle out or cling to walls, why not locate the nitrous nozzle just upstream of the meth/water nozzle, so that 1000psi blast atomizes the meth water spray? It's all going on downstream anyway, but blasting the meth/water with the nitrous might help keep everything stirred up. Oh, that's what you said......
Old 02-03-2012, 09:49 PM

Interesting - since the meth/water is likely to settle out or cling to walls, why not locate the nitrous nozzle just upstream of the meth/water nozzle, so that 1000psi blast atomizes the meth water spray? It's all going on downstream anyway, but blasting the meth/water with the nitrous might help keep everything stirred up. Oh, that's what you said......
By upstream I am assuming you mean further away from the TB?

Yeah, thats was my thinking, it makes sense. I think thats how I am going to do.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:14 PM

Harold how about getting a nitrous wet nozzle and run the meth line into the fuel port??? hard part would be to figure out jet size.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:04 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

Harold how about getting a nitrous wet nozzle and run the meth line into the fuel port??? hard part would be to figure out jet size.
Well, that's a thought... but isn't the water important too? Hmmm.. the wet nitrous nozzle has a -3AN connector for both nitrous and fuel. Could you somehow connect the output from the water/meth line into the fuel connection on a wet nozzle? No changes to the water/meth setup and you get to blast the mix with nitrous and really atomize the mixture. You might need a bigger nitrous nozzle to flow the water/meth.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:25 PM

what is nitrous anyway? sorry I need to get 15 posts. 1+