Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Question About Custom Maxima (wtf)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 10:33 PM
SXN
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Question About Custom Maxima (wtf)

Ive been noticing a little trend about some of the stuff on custom maxima... that is really starting to disturb me.

i looked at THESE instructions quite a while ago http://www.redlinegoods.com/MaximaA32install.shtm

and then all of a sudden, this set popped up on custom maxima
http://www.custommaxima.com/LeatherB...lation9599.php
Not only did they rip off the instructions directly, but ALL the pictures.

Now they are offering the exact same stuff...and took their insructions.
http://www.redlinegoods.com/index.shtm
http://www.custommaxima.com/LeatherBoots.php

In addition, custom maxima released their new corner lights.
http://www.custommaxima.com/DCBLJDM.php
They call them JDM chrome...right...JDM
they seem incredibly similar to the ones Ange released before them (pic of my set on my max)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...f/fa6dca0f.jpg

anyone want to clarify this for me?! I dont want to over react, but this is getting fishy
Old 12-01-2003, 10:40 PM
Custom User Title...

email them and ask?

maybe they had permission??

a better question is when is the project maxima going to be ready, and does it exist?!?!?
Old 12-01-2003, 10:51 PM
Pizda Boy

I'm surprised they havent made(copied) any headers yet.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:56 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

im sure that ange is probably hooked up with custom maxima. And Custom maxima gives her a % out of all the sales of the Black bumper lights, and the instructions are probably notched from her with her permission, it IS possible.

Nick
Old 12-01-2003, 10:58 PM

Um, maybe because Custom Enterprise buys a lot of their parts from other manufacturers. The corner lights they get from the same containers that Ange/Alex/anyone else can order. I've got several catalogs from Taiwan/Chinese manufacturers with the exact same parts.

As for the instructions being the same, they probably buy the boots from them, or from the same supplier so they use the same instructions. It's not a big deal.

They had a lot of the parts made first, and then other shops just bought containers of them and started offering them. Other parts other people got first and Custom Enterprise ordered containers and now offer them. Same manufacturers. Custom Enterprise is a retail shop that happens to have a lot of buying power. They don't manufacture most of their parts and they don't pretend to, so it's no big deal that you can find a lot of their stuff other places.

Is it surprising that 3 different shops came out with the Skyline Style bumpers at similar times?

Originally Posted by MaxedOutOfCash
I'm surprised they havent made(copied) any headers yet.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Shadow
Um, maybe because Custom Enterprise buys a lot of their parts from other manufacturers. The corner lights they get from the same containers that Ange/Alex/anyone else can order. I've got several catalogs from Taiwan/Chinese manufacturers with the exact same parts.

As for the instructions being the same, they probably buy the boots from them, or from the same supplier so they use the same instructions. It's not a big deal.

They had a lot of the parts made first, and then other shops just bought containers of them and started offering them. Other parts other people got first and Custom Enterprise ordered containers and now offer them. Same manufacturers. Custom Enterprise is a retail shop that happens to have a lot of buying power. They don't manufacture most of their parts and they don't pretend to, so it's no big deal that you can find a lot of their stuff other places.

Is it surprising that 3 different shops came out with the Skyline Style bumpers at similar times?
I agree with him, Custom Enterprise is a business and are catering their business to Maxima owners. As long as Ange doesnt have a problem with the pictures or instructions, then I dont see any problems.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:17 PM
SXN

Originally Posted by JetBlackMax
im sure that ange is probably hooked up with custom maxima. And Custom maxima gives her a % out of all the sales of the Black bumper lights, and the instructions are probably notched from her with her permission, it IS possible.

Nick
i find much of that to be highly unlikely. I know they buy a lot of their parts from the same manufacturors... then why do they say "YOU CANNOT BUY THESE ANY PLACE ELSE THAN CUSTOMMAXIMA.COM" for their red clear tail lights...its easy to name several places that has them. I was talking about the instructions, primarily...i see no credit given where it is due. I asked for an explanation, i didnt want to argue about it.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:17 PM
V^___^V

Originally Posted by Jepht20
email them and ask?

a better question is when is the project maxima going to be ready, and does it exist?!?!?

also 95-96 red/clears. Greg said it supposed to come out beginning of this year. now 2003 is almost over, i don't see any mass production of 95-96 red/clears. his project car supposed to be done this spring, but i don't see anything.

yea i did e-mail him serval times about 95-96 red/clears, he didn't reply any of it. i guess he wants me stay with my ricer tailights
Old 12-01-2003, 11:19 PM
SXN

the man is keeping you down
Old 12-01-2003, 11:32 PM
V^___^V

Originally Posted by SXN
the man is keeping you down
the man is busy too...
Old 12-02-2003, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by SXN
i find much of that to be highly unlikely. I know they buy a lot of their parts from the same manufacturors... then why do they say "YOU CANNOT BUY THESE ANY PLACE ELSE THAN CUSTOMMAXIMA.COM" for their red clear tail lights...its easy to name several places that has them. I was talking about the instructions, primarily...i see no credit given where it is due. I asked for an explanation, i didnt want to argue about it.
No argue needed. Custom Maxima does need to take down the buying no where else but custommaxima.com part, But if I remember correctly, Custom Maxima WAS the first company selling the RED Clears before anyone did. Everyone else was just makeing them homeade. Then Redlinemax and all them started selling them also, so they all branch off of custommaxima.

But I do feel where your comming from about the directions. They also have a pic of my car on there site wthout my permission, but I dont have a problem with it. I feel if it advertises them, its fine. There parts make me happy and I never had a problem with them, there good ppl.

Nick
Old 12-02-2003, 01:23 AM

wow, like it makes a difference
Old 12-02-2003, 01:46 AM

actually those instructions came from www.bestshiftboots.com which im shure they all get their shipments from. In the end none of those places own the instructions except Maciek and sprintmax which is his car I believe

Edit- that site used to be called bestshiftboots.com but I think they changed the title to redline acc. but in the end its the same thing
Old 12-02-2003, 07:06 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Originally Posted by JetBlackMax

Nick
nick- It's quite disturbing that you can write a theory based on false speculation. I've only seen (and spoken) to Greg on TWO occassions where he had donated goods for charity raffle at Liberty State Park and Woodbury Maxima Meet which I helped organized. That was more than two years ago.

thank you.
Ange
Old 12-02-2003, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by 97MaxGurl
nick- It's quite disturbing that you can write a theory based on false speculation. I've only seen (and spoken) to Greg on TWO occassions where he had donated goods for charity raffle at Liberty State Park and Woodbury Maxima Meet which I helped organized. That was more than two years ago.

thank you.
Ange
No, not a fact i listed, it was a thought. As in if I was Wondering what SXN was tryna figure out also. It was just a thought, I never said it was a fact that it IS whats happening. Sorry if you took it the wrong way.

Nick
Old 12-02-2003, 12:15 PM
SXN

yea, and as i supposed, you WERE wrong nick. So Ange, did he ask permission to take all those pictures, instructions, etc?
Old 12-02-2003, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by SXN
yea, and as i supposed, you WERE wrong nick. So Ange, did he ask permission to take all those pictures, instructions, etc?
It was a thought. Just like you dropped a thought. I feel some tension going on here between me and you, and it seems very immature. I'm not on here to drop problems with ppl here on the org. Im here to drop opinions! Just like everyone else. So Cool it dude.

I just appoligized to ange, because shes my friend and I didnt want her to take anything the wrong way. It was an Idea that I thought would be true, but it wasnt, no big deal.

Nick
Old 12-02-2003, 07:55 PM
SXN

you sense problems? i called you wrong once dude. i think you can deal with it. any real answers?
Old 12-02-2003, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by SXN
you sense problems? i called you wrong once dude. i think you can deal with it. any real answers?
alright bud, no problem at all man. Just makin sure we share the same grounds here. Later on brotha

Nick
Old 12-02-2003, 08:12 PM
SXN

ummm...right on. So does anyone know if they got permission to use the instructions? Ange?
Old 12-02-2003, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jepht20
email them and ask?

it exists...
Old 12-03-2003, 01:35 AM
Custom User Title...

Originally Posted by wicked1044
it exists...

i know...i was just being facetious

looking forward to the day it is finally revealed to us, and the public. just don't know i'll be active on here anymore by the time it comes out.
Old 12-03-2003, 04:59 PM
SXN

thread ****** whats the project max anyway?

anyone have an answer to my original question?
Old 12-04-2003, 07:49 AM

Sxn

As far as posting instructions and pictures:
If a product that we offer is provided by another company that has pictures and instructions for that product, the allow us to use (and sometimes prefer that we use) those pictures and instructions. This is beneficial to both compnaies involved, as well as the customer (if the instruction are thorough and correct thats what should matter most to a customer).
As for claiming that a product is available only at Custom Maxima:
If we get in a product that is not offered anywhere else at the time, we will state that, although we do recognize that other companies are never far behind. We do our best to update the site as much as possible, and as a compnay we do our best to keep each other well informed.
Ange was correct that we do not have that elaborate deal going on lol (although I see your point Nick). I'm sure she'll agree that the mark up on a product such as diamond cuts is so minimal that something like that would cost more than it would be worth from a business standpoint. We (all compnaies who carry them) offer those because they are a very popular part (they DO look alot beter) not because there is a big markup.
As for the project Maxima:
It does exist. I spend alot of time looknig at it myself. Greg talked about the car with the Maxima community because he is a Maxima enthusiast and gets excited about his car. It's his personal car and he is taking his time to do all the things he wants to do to it (as all enthusiasts know, that can change or be added to). It's too bad, in my opinion, that it's turned into something that people use to belittle his company.
As for anything else:
Feel free to call us or email us. Thanks!

Ed
ext 101
Old 12-04-2003, 12:09 PM
SXN

see...thats all i wanted an explanation. Thanks Ed (whats with all the different screen names anyway?) and thank you for clearing that up

and putting nick in his place
Old 12-04-2003, 01:19 PM

LOL I wasn't trying to trash Nick at all. I see what his train of thought was.
Each person here has a different screen name. This is the one I typically use.
Sometimes it takes us some time to get to the posts on here but you can always call or email us with any questions too.

ed
ext: 101
ed@customenterprise.com
Old 12-04-2003, 06:24 PM
SXN

i know you were, but hey its nick. Thanks for making yourself available, stuff worked out nicely...just needed an explanation