Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Help Through My Vortech V2 Install DeK

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 07:41 AM

Help Through My Vortech V2 Install DeK

Got my first Supercharger kit be my first time as well so im excited! Anyways this is going in a 00 Maxima Fully Bolted 5 Speed VLSD.

Ok, I will be starting this project this saturday or Sunday and will be posting picture of entire installtion and will be in and out of this thread with questions im sure throughout entire process lol. I know theirs quite a few knowledgeble people in here But im New to Forced induction. The car has been on nitrous for past year.

This is supposed to be a Complete Stillen Vortech kit off a 5th Gen Maxima But i already see few small things missing. one is the water pump cover with the oil drain adapter on it. other is the fitting that goes into oil pan for oil feed. I have no way of tuning it right now but do plan on going with a SAFC NEO soon. I have only a few questions as of now...

1- Can i Run the 3/4 oil drain line up and T into where the front and rear valve covers connect? or do i need to buy the Stillen water pump cover with drain in it?

2- has a 10psi pully on it now. the stock 6-7psi pully is in box all beat up..will my stock injectors and FMU do ok with 10psi or should i order new stock pully? the pump is 255lph.

3-oil feed line- what fitting do i need to put in pan and what size drill/tap do i need? also do i drill/tap upper oil pan or lower?

Thanks Guys!

Last edited by TravisCadello; 08-15-2014 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:21 AM
Got Retrofit?

https://maxima.org/forums/supercharg...link-pics.html
Old 08-15-2014, 10:21 AM

Wow thats awesome! so i wont even have to drill/tap oil pan with that! Wow that makes me feel so much better! Thanks!

Now i just need to know if i should order orignal pully or keep 10psi one on. From what i read it is much easier to change pully with S/C off the car.

it will be driven untuned mainly in closed loop for a few weeks till I'm able to buy a Tuner if that makes a difference.. i just dont know if 10psi is pushing it for a Vq30 with 237k miles well maintained and stock Injectors.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:24 AM

That link no longer works. what would i type in ebay for it to pop up? its like a 1/8 NPT T? or im not sure how its called. i actually beleave my hardware store would carry this as well.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:35 AM
Got Retrofit?

http://shopping.kinugawaturbo.com/ad...b-4-2-1-7.aspx
Old 08-15-2014, 12:50 PM

awesome man! Thanks alot. What would the Drain Cover be called for water pump? or can i just drain into the valve cover breather..
Old 08-15-2014, 01:05 PM

oil filter sandwich plate for feed and return. no need to drill into the pan. and you can also have an oil temp sensor hooked up
Old 08-15-2014, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by TravisCadello

1- Can i Run the 3/4 oil drain line up and T into where the front and rear valve covers connect? or do i need to buy the Stillen water pump cover with drain in it?

2- has a 10psi pully on it now. the stock 6-7psi pully is in box all beat up..will my stock injectors and FMU do ok with 10psi or should i order new stock pully? the pump is 255lph.

3-oil feed line- what fitting do i need to put in pan and what size drill/tap do i need? also do i drill/tap upper oil pan or lower?
1. Hell no. It's not pressurized. It needs to drain to that specific location.
2. Yes
3. Already answered.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:56 PM

Ok. Its running Great. everything's together and took it for a quick spin ran Good surprisingly A/F was right around 12-1 without the FMU on yet.

Only thing im waiting on is to find the water pump cover with the drain in it where can i get this? not sure the name of it. I let it drain into valve cover for a little warm up and 1/4 mile down road test.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:48 PM
Administrator

You're going to have to get one made. Luckily, it's a very simple part.

Try Stillen too. I've bought a few SC odds and ends from them about a year ago. Maybe you'll get lucky.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:29 PM

Yeah Ill have a 90 welded or threaded into it..Today a leak sprung from return hose and got all on the Belt Tension provided in the kit and the Pulley its self melted and belt came off some how.

Would i be able to get this pulley from autozone? its just a Smaller pulley and plastic. or where could i find part number?

Thanks alot guys.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:00 PM
Administrator

You mean the small black one w/o side rails? If so, I think you're just going to have to take it to some automotive parts stores and find the closest thing to it. Maybe look on ebay and you'll have to start asking for sizes/dimensions to confirm compatibility. Any way you slice, it's going to take some work on your end.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:11 AM

I found a blue print on a pulley 2" diameter im gonna Make it out of 2.5" alunimum round bar on my lathe at work. it has 6 groves and sidewalls.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:49 AM
Administrator

I found a blue print on a pulley 2" diameter im gonna Make it out of 2.5" alunimum round bar on my lathe at work. it has 6 groves and sidewalls.
Answer me this....do you have a V1 or V2 blower? V1 or V2 mounting plate?
Old 08-20-2014, 01:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I don't think an oil filter sandwich plate would work well at all.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:07 PM

Pretty much stuck at this point and about to remove everything and put up for sale. i been to infinity dealer, and Lexus dealer,autozone,napa,oreily and their is not enough information on google or this Forum to fix my problem.

I have no clue what pulley to order and for what car, everything in the kit is outdated and no longer sold and i need my car driving like today.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:22 PM

So u got the v2 plate?
Old 08-21-2014, 01:27 PM

https://maxima.org/forums/forced-ind...nage-more.html
Best solution get a v1 plate.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:36 PM
Administrator

I'm trying to help, but I can't even get answers to simple questions...
Old 08-21-2014, 01:53 PM

it has to be a V2 plate then because that V1 plate looks much smaller and has a much bigger pulley on plate..pulley on my plate is like a 2inch. i just bought a Lexus Gs430 tensioner pulley and didnt work the ID is way too small.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:17 PM
Administrator

it has to be a V2 plate then because that V1 plate looks much smaller and has a much bigger pulley on plate..pulley on my plate is like a 2inch. i just bought a Lexus Gs430 tensioner pulley and didnt work the ID is way too small.
In your other thread, you were asking about an aluminum tensioner pulley. I think the problem here is your terminology. The pulley you're looking for that's about 2 inches is black and has no side rails, correct? If so, Stillen refers to that as an idler pulley, not a tensioner pulley. Also, in your PM to me, didn't you mention something about the thermostat pipe? Now that's an indicator of a V1 plate.

Below is a V1 plate. You use the stock belt tensioner pulley in conjunction with this plate, custom thermostat pipe, and the 4" pulley with side rails. The V1 plate, the plate goes one bolt further to the left as well on the timing cover

Below is a V2 plate
Name:  2012-08-05133014.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  215.5 KB

That small black pulley w/o side rails...is that the one you need?

Last edited by The Wizard; 08-21-2014 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:26 PM

i for sure have the V2 plate then because i clear the thermostat and clearly has opening made out for it. when i mentioned it to you in PM i meant i was reading and seen modifed thermostat housings so automaticly thought i needed one. but now that i look at mine it has space the hose is really close to bracket but not touching it.

and the black pulley you showed me on the V2 plate is good. i need the Tensioner pulley that comes with the kit, looks almost exactly like this pulley except with side rails. same diameter though.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Ok, we're getting somewhere now.

You need this pulley... do you have the insert that goes with it (as shown)?

Name:  126-2618_IMG_zps113ed6e3.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  65.5 KB
Old 08-21-2014, 02:38 PM

yes!!! i have all that! just with a melted pulley lol.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:42 PM
Administrator

Have you contacted these guys?

http://www.fennerdrives.com/powermax/

I bet with a few simple measurements, you can order the pulley. Thank goodness you have the insert...now that part would be tough to find.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:47 PM

I ordered one that a guy said hes running right now. its off a J30 timing belt pulley. should be here Wednesday, but i dont think it will work. its a half inch longer. if it doesn't then Im just gonna remove everything and put it up for sale. i got it cheap, ill let it go cheap. im no engineer and didn't think I'd run into issues like this.

i have videos of it running at one point and driving buildin boost.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Don't give up! Get the right pulley, have the oil drain back plate fabricated, and you're in business! How can you pass up the 100hp gain?!
Old 08-21-2014, 08:25 PM

I agree man! Just gotta be patient. if you come across the correct pulley somewhere please let me know!

and ill update this as soon as new pulley comes in Wednesday. i will be heading to junkyard Saturday to see if i can find one that looks similar as well.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:23 AM

Ok, The Lexus pulley didn't work or the j30 pulley. I was gonna ask does anybody have the blueprint to the orginal pulley or how i could get it? we have all the dimensions. only thing we need to know is where the bearing needs to ride, my orignal plastic one is too far melted to get an idea.

were gonna try a few things today. but once we get it down, i wanna make quite a few and sell on here kinda help out other. the design will be much stronger out of aluminum and gonna press the bearing in and have a snap right their as well. boss thinks it will be much better that way.

so anybody can get any prints on it that would be awesome if so we will be doin test fits till its perfect.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:45 AM

Dude just give ASP Racing a call they can make either a steel or an aluminum idler pulley for you, all you need to tell them is that it either a V1 or a V2 kit. I ordered one from the 2 months ago. Here is the link to their site.
http://autospecialties.com/
Old 09-09-2014, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by olivas
Dude just give ASP Racing a call they can make either a steel or an aluminum idler pulley for you, all you need to tell them is that it either a V1 or a V2 kit. I ordered one from the 2 months ago. Here is the link to their site.
http://autospecialties.com/

wow, wish i knew this 3 weeks ago. and I dropped the car off at a performance shop 3 weeks ago when i gave up and im finally picking it up tomorrow but i will order another one just to have. were using a 2.25in aluminum pulley found in shop with a slightly bigger belt.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:48 AM
Administrator

What exactly did you have the performance shop do for you?
Old 09-10-2014, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
What exactly did you have the performance shop do for you?

Complete professional install. i removed everything put in box, towed car to them. Its giving them hell too the dang oil drain line they been workin on past 3 days he said it keeps kinkin up and he has to fabricate a hard line for it he has tried everything. he said after that the install is finished so sometime this week i get it back.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Complete professional install. i removed everything put in box, towed car to them. Its giving them hell too the dang oil drain line they been workin on past 3 days he said it keeps kinkin up and he has to fabricate a hard line for it he has tried everything. he said after that the install is finished so sometime this week i get it back.
Tell him to use the same hose that Stillen calls out for. It's the crankcase vent hose, Stock Nissan Part #11823-31U00. You can probably get one from the jy or a part out for a few bucks... It must be cut to fit, but it's the right shape, has thick sidewalls and won't kink if installed right.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
Tell him to use the same hose that Stillen calls out for. It's the crankcase vent hose, Stock Nissan Part #11823-31U00. You can probably get one from the jy or a part out for a few bucks... It must be cut to fit, but it's the right shape, has thick sidewalls and won't kink if installed right.

damnit wish i would of read this sooner. he spent all day today fabricating one out of stainless steel. he spent all week searching for one pre molded but nothing. i get it back tomorrow
Old 09-12-2014, 07:43 PM
Administrator

damnit wish i would of read this sooner. he spent all day today fabricating one out of stainless steel. he spent all week searching for one pre molded but nothing. i get it back tomorrow
Should've asked (or searched) sooner. I can't imagine what the heck he fabricated that's going to work and not leak. Would be interesting to see pics.

Here's what it looks like prior to test fitting and cutting.

Name:  126-2602_IMG_zps0d68f7b1.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  41.3 KB
Old 09-14-2014, 09:25 PM

I will post pictures of what he did as soon as i get the car back. i know he went through hell with it. he told me over phone he used 5/8 aluminum line that he fabricated into a S line or something like that. The guy told me when i dropped car off be a week install maybe under. now its going on a month and hes running into problem after problem. but supposedly it will be ready monday after work we will see i have heard this about 6 times.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:26 PM

Thanks for the pictures and part numbers bro, everything you post on here i send his way that way he knows as well.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:43 AM

So u have no drain back plate?u must be getting charged a arm and a leg to fabricate all this stuff when can buy the pulley and the drain back plate from matty.

Last edited by Max streets; 09-17-2014 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Max streets
So u have no drain back plate?u must be getting charged a arm and a leg to fabricate all this stuff when can buy the pulley and the drain back plate from matty.
Matty doesn't sell this particular pulley.

Quick Reply: Help Through My Vortech V2 Install DeK