Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

Finally Painted My Rims + New Rims to Possibly Paint + Sweet Rare Cars

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 08:19 PM

Finally Painted My Rims + New Rims to Possibly Paint + Sweet Rare Cars

Finally got around to painting the rims I found in the garbage and they turned out decent for my first rims restoration job.
One before sanding and one after sanding.

After primer and paint with freshly applied clear coat.

Overall the rims painting went fairly well with a few spots of running paint. In the future I need to put on lighter coats at a time to reduce this. All the rim painting was done in my Grandpas heated shop as it was extremely cold out and he was a big help during the process. Here is a few of his bad-*** cars.
1967 AMC Ambassador DPL Convertible Coupe, 1 of 1,260 made and equipped with a 343cu.in. V8. Car is an Absolute boat and make my Maxima look small aha.

1955 Nash Ambassador with a straight 6 and two carbs. One wild looking front end.

He also owns a Studebaker Golden Hawk Gran Turismo, 1963 I believe.
Growing up going to my grandpas shop was always something I looked forward to when visiting and still is to this day. He is the one who introduced me to car culture.

I also recently purchased a set of 16x7J 1994 Chrysler Concorde with winter tires but they wouldn't clear my brakes! I was sure they would as my car currently has the 5 spoke 16x6.5J but I guess not. I currently have them for sale but if they don't sell by spring then I will restore them and paint them gold or white. There are in great condition for being about 23 years old with just some pealing clear coat.

After finding out these rims were not suitable for my car I went with the safe choice and got a set of the 6 spoke 17x7J OEM 5th gen Maxima Rims with winter tires. I now own four sets or rims, three having tires, two being winter sets. Thanks for reading and enjoy 2017 folks!
Old 01-02-2017, 08:50 AM

Thanks for sharing.

There were some Studebaker Golden Hawks that came with Robert McCulloch superchargers that must have been one fast ride.

Dual side draft carbs on a Nash 6.

I think 55 Nash had fold down seats for traveling.

Old 01-02-2017, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by CS_AR
Thanks for sharing.

There were some Studebaker Golden Hawks that came with Robert McCulloch superchargers that must have been one fast ride.

Dual side draft carbs on a Nash 6.

I think 55 Nash had fold down seats for traveling.

Yep, I've heard those supercharged Studebakers were really fast for there time! Those dual side carbs are real unique. Here is under the hood of my Grandpas 55 with the dual side carbs.

Thanks for sharing, its nice to remind people of these orphan car companies that many people forget.