1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

burnout

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 03:48 PM
shimoto

burnout

has ne1 done a long burnout in their 2nd gen. maxima? if so id like to no how it went and how u did it...

Old 08-02-2003, 11:28 PM

Just hopping by this forum. Can't say I did it long, but I did it quite a few times. My handbrake didn't work at all so I would just come to a complete stop with plenty of space, turn the wheel all the way, and just floor it and hold it there, it would start smoking pretty good. Of course if you have a working handbrake, you can just go spill some water over your tires, or drive into a puddle and drive out of it, lock up the handbrake, and floor it. The tires should lose traction easily and you'll be sitting there burning away at your tires for as long as you want.

None of these methods are good for your car. I wouldn't do them if you need to keep the car for long. Especially on a car that is that old, something will give evantually. Your screwing up other things besides your tires, including your transmission. I did this stuff, because I'm young, it was my first car. Now with my "new" actually used car, I don't do that much stupid stuff. Guess I care for it more. I didn't really care that much about my maxima.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:16 PM

yes i have had a long burnout, i was on the real smooth tar on a hot day and i left a 71 and a half foot mark with second gear topped out but i had to stop for a sign, but i coulda gone over 100 feet though, it was great.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:37 PM
shimoto

that is sweet

Old 08-07-2003, 02:20 PM

If you really want to do a burnout just get the tires wet with water and then let her rip.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:17 AM

I can do a burnout with 18" chrome wheels on my max. i just hold the clutch in first gear and rev to about 4500 and let it go. it spends all of first gear and a little of second.
Old 10-14-2003, 01:29 PM
WANNA RUN IT?

71 and a half feet in a 2nd gen.......yea right if its raining with the parking break on! some v8 camaros wont even do 70 foot burnouts!
its a 2nd gen man vws have more power...!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2003, 02:39 PM
I love lamp.

who get's 70 feet in a 2nd gen? I'm sorry but that sounds wrong unless you douced the wheels with a **** load of water.

At the same time....there are vw's that make more power than 5th and 6th gen!!!!!

S
Old 10-14-2003, 04:20 PM
WANNA RUN IT?

Originally Posted by maximase86
who get's 70 feet in a 2nd gen? I'm sorry but that sounds wrong unless you douced the wheels with a **** load of water.

At the same time....there are vw's that make more power than 5th and 6th gen!!!!!

S
several of your 2nd gen owners aparently think they spun 70foot read the other posts.....

ya a heavily modified vw may have more power than a 4th or 5th gen......but all vws have more power than a 2nd gen

but its still a max so i love em.......guys just need to realize the car wont spin 70foot......probobly not even in the rain
Old 10-14-2003, 04:47 PM
I love lamp.

lol I was thinking more of the lines of a passat w8, stock

hehe the 2nd gen maybe slow, but remember, back in it's time, not much came even remotely close to what the maxima can do...a import sedan putting out over 152-160hp was mind blowing then....when emissions was killing any form of power. But I agree, a 70 foot burnout is way out of the question for these cars. I would have to see it to believe it.

S
Old 10-14-2003, 05:16 PM
WANNA RUN IT?

Originally Posted by maximase86
lol I was thinking more of the lines of a passat w8, stock

hehe the 2nd gen maybe slow, but remember, back in it's time, not much came even remotely close to what the maxima can do...a import sedan putting out over 152-160hp was mind blowing then....when emissions was killing any form of power. But I agree, a 70 foot burnout is way out of the question for these cars. I would have to see it to believe it.

S
i know what you meant i just felt like ruffling feathers.....i know the gen 2 was a hell of a ride back in the day....i was just having fun.....but shoot i think a 70foot burnout is good for todays cars.....now granted im thinking on straight asphalt no water or anything..........some of the guys in here just need to be a little more truthfull.....that cr might do a 8 foot burnout on a good day.......and the guy that said 71and a half was smoking serious crack!....i guess he got out and measured after he did it?if he measured the marks then he is saying he was doing it on drypavement(impossible!)...and if i was him i would have been more worried bout getting gone before someone called the cops....that had to leave alot of smoke....measuring it would have been the last thing on his mind
Old 10-14-2003, 07:18 PM
I love lamp.

hehe no worries I totally agree with ya! I get a kick out of some of the people here sometimes, especially the ones that say they can do a 70 ft burnout!

S

S
Old 10-14-2003, 10:56 PM

Before I got my new tires I cranked the E brake as hard as possible, dumped the clutch at 5000 rpm and held it till redline, shifted to second, and held it at around 4500 for maybe a minute. Lemme tell ya, after a bit the smoke starts coming in the vents, windows, etc. Boy does it smell like crap! Choking, coughing, etc... Car smelled like rubber for days, and there was even rubber particles all on the inside of the mudflaps
Old 10-17-2003, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by k87max
yes i have had a long burnout, i was on the real smooth tar on a hot day and i left a 71 and a half foot mark with second gear topped out but i had to stop for a sign, but i coulda gone over 100 feet though, it was great.
Old 10-26-2003, 10:40 PM

i havent been around for that long but ive been around max's long enough to kno

first of all ive lit up the tires on damn near anythin and to get a 71ft burn out, out of a fwd. and u would need some power commin out of ur max to get that. ive driven quite a few max's and come spring im parkin my 240 and gettin yet my 3rd 2nd gen.

now my first 2 max's i beat the **** out of the cars cause i was younger and didnt understand the quality of the car.

and ive done damn near everythin in a maxima. my word on it. from drifting, reverse 180's BURNOUTS (not to mention on everyother forum in known as LiteEmUp_Prof) and the nasty tranny killin J-spin

i'll tell u this no way in hell 71 ft or 50 on dry pavement. not happenin.
50ft in rain i can believe it if ur car is in good shape. i alone have left 40ft marks WITH the use of oil on the ground. i have left prolly no more than id say 15-20ft marks no oil on flat dry pavement. when i first got the car. they length gradually decreases unless ur upkeep on the car is more than adequate.

sry for the long post and good to see all of u guys doin good with ur max's im lookin for my 3rd n final max and hope to get it come spring. see everyone soon