Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) (https://maxima.org/forums/1st-2nd-generation-maxima-1981-1984-1985-1988-19/)
-   -   Fuel Temperaure Sensor / Fuel Pump Regulator (https://maxima.org/forums/1st-2nd-generation-maxima-1981-1984-1985-1988/665815-fuel-temperaure-sensor-fuel-pump-regulator.html)

ACruzer 05-15-2013 05:13 PM

Fuel Temperaure Sensor / Fuel Pump Regulator

1 Attachment(s)
ECU is giving me a code 41 (4 red blinks and 1 green blink in mode 3) = fuel temperature sensor. Both Haynes and the Chilton manual(s) state the fuel temperature sensor is attached to the (FPR) fuel pressure regulator which does not appear to have any issue as the car runs good (no stalling or sputtering). My questions are what effect does this code have on the engine, does this effect the emissions in any way and where can i buy a FPR with the fuel temp.sensor already attached as both manuals indicated it must be replaced as a unit. I tried autozone,Oreillys and NAPA but they only sell the FPR WITHOUT the sensor and no one seems to be able to locate a sensor. Any help is greatly appreciated....sorry for the long post :D

Mr. Blue Sky 05-17-2013 11:38 PM

I had the same issue a while back and was able to find a part that appeared to be the same. I ended up going to a local pick n pull yard to get what I needed, but here is some of the information I was given in the thread I made

where in the hell can I find this

ACruzer 06-05-2013 04:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Mr. Blue Sky for the info as it is greatly appreciated :bowdown1: Will this also work on a 2nd generation (87 Maxima)? :D

Mr. Blue Sky 06-06-2013 12:56 AM

I am not sure of the specifications of that sensor, it worked well enough, but the engine had more problems that prevented me from telling if it made a change.

87nissanmaxima 06-09-2013 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by ACruzer (Post 8790449)
ECU is giving me a code 41 (4 red blinks and 1 green blink in mode 3) = fuel temperature sensor. Both Haynes and the Chilton manual(s) state the fuel temperature sensor is attached to the (FPR) fuel pressure regulator which does not appear to have any issue as the car runs good (no stalling or sputtering). My questions are what effect does this code have on the engine, does this effect the emissions in any way and where can i buy a FPR with the fuel temp.sensor already attached as both manuals indicated it must be replaced as a unit. I tried autozone,Oreillys and NAPA but they only sell the FPR WITHOUT the sensor and no one seems to be able to locate a sensor. Any help is greatly appreciated....sorry for the long post :D

The Nissan OEM part # for just the fuel temperture sensor is is 22630-V5001. $25.40 +10.95 shipping. at NissanParts.cc. Worth checking the spade on that sensor and its female terminal for corrosion,sometimes a cleanup can help....:)