1st-3rd Generations Classifieds (1981-1994) No superchargers in here, but you will find other useful parts and accessories.

CAN-Toronto WTB blehmco ground wire kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 04:19 PM

WTB blehmco ground wire kit

Anyone have a blehmco ground wire kit for sale for the 3rd gen vg30e GXE? If so have you noticed any benefit from using it?

Last edited by ac max 92; 01-27-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:09 AM
Get Off My Lawn

There are other ground wire kits available new for purchase, not that costly and can be found in the for sale threads.

http://forums.maxima.org/general-max...wer-price.html

Talk to Shinj about one for the 3rd gen, I know he either has or spoke about possibly doing a set. I have one one my 2003 Maxima. An answer really doesn't require vehicle specific use. Fact is, yes...they work. Do they make a big difference? Maybe.

Over years, wiring naturally breaks down, become brittle and will crack and break. Connections corrode and fail to carry current as they should - positive or negative. Therefore, as the car ages and these things occur, you will lose effectiveness of the charging/electrical system.

Adding a ground system helps to restore the deteriorated electrical circuit...specifically regarding the engine. Depending on how deteriorated (bad) your grounds are, your results will vary. A good/healthy electrical circuit - you will see no benifit, no change in engine power output, no increased fuel economy, etc. On a bad system, you would likely see brighter headlights, smoother engine idling, and maybe some improved mpg's.

So, in short. On your 3rd gen, old as dirt, Maxima you could see some benifit. Just don't expect anything huge. IMO, this is just one of those mods where it doesn't hurt anything, might be of some minor benifit, can add to asthetics under the hood, and can be reasonably affordable.

Last edited by Chris Gregg; 01-28-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:59 PM

Thanks for the input Chris. I did actually email shinj and he only makes them for the se and not the gxe unfortunately. I guess he doesnt have a 3rd gen gxe engine to work with in regard to making one along with an apparently minimal demand for it. Maybe if there were more 3rd gen gxe's here on the forum that would request them maybe he'd be able to make one but im not sure?
Old 01-28-2014, 09:41 PM
Get Off My Lawn

You're really talking about a difference between VE and VG engines as opposed to SE or GXE, etc.
I bet he would work with you if you spoke with him about his bolt points for the wires then make measurements for relative VG locations and give them to him. If not, you could make your own. I'd be happy to discuss some possible mount points for the wires - as I have a VG as well. Assuming you are still motivated to have a ground kit. You can PM me if you like.