3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

WSP Y-pipe write up

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 01:58 PM
rustangkilla

WSP Y-pipe write up

Wow does warpspeed have fast service! Ordered a week ago and arrived yesterday! Unfortunately, its the roads have been sorta wet so the conditions are not ideal for testing, but i did get to open her up on one straightaway and let me just say it was incredible! Normally my VG hits a dead spot right at 4,000 rpm's, but it just kept on pulling, pulling like it never has before. Simply amazing. Can't wait for 200 more miles so the ECU can fully adjust and optimize everything so I can feel maximum power but 200 miles shouldn't take long....now!

I'll update after the 200 mark.

Old 10-30-2002, 02:10 PM

Why dont you unplug the battery for a few hrs (overnight?) to reset the ecu? Then we could have a full review tomorrow
Old 10-30-2002, 02:13 PM
rustangkilla

I did unplug the battery overnight, but i thought it still took a little while for it to adjust because it's not the stock y-pipe. I'm a little confused i think. Either way I havn't tried flooring it after the battery unhooking, i only tried yesterday.

Old 10-31-2002, 09:12 PM

Y-pipe write up

You really got yours fast. I have been waiting almost a month for mine and I haven't seen anything. The only reason I am still waiting is because of the great things everyone says about it. my Max has been sitting in my driveway waiting for the parts.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy for you, it's just fustrating waiting and all.

Enjoy the new mod.

All the best,

Ron
Old 11-09-2002, 11:58 PM

I just got my wsp y pipe too and it took me forever, 4 weeks. I kept calling them trying to get them to hurry up because I was in the same situation as you. My car was sitting in my garage and I couldnt use it for school or work until now after 4 weeks it finally came. I havent had a chance to test fully yet either though because I just rebuilt my 91 gxe engine and it needs to be broken in before I rip it. But I know the ecu was reset because it was unpluged for 6 months and It does seem now after 200 miles on it that it is running smoother and performing better at take off. I didnt know about resetting the ecu until I read these articles, but I was lucky to have reset it without even knowing it. I just cant wait to let it rip.
Do any of you guys use the wsp Cold Air Intake? What do you think of it with your y-pipe? What other CAIs do you use?
Old 11-10-2002, 10:21 PM

I waited over 6 weeks and then demanded a refund for waiting so long. Every time I called (3 times) I got another run around excuse! I would have appreciated some honesty and I would have waited for it longer. I took my money and got the Cattman. It's been on for 1.5 years and it's great. WSP will not even answer any of my inquiries anymore. I was considering SFCs and would have bought the CAI and a cat back system from them, but I got a PR one with my Cattman Y. I went to a local shop for a custom exhaust and the RT cat install. Let's see that adds up to over $1000 in business they lost from me because they just wouldn't tell me the truth!

End Rant!
Old 11-10-2002, 10:47 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally posted by jwtarbaj
I waited over 6 weeks and then demanded a refund for waiting so long. Every time I called (3 times) I got another run around excuse! I would have appreciated some honesty and I would have waited for it longer. I took my money and got the Cattman. It's been on for 1.5 years and it's great. WSP will not even answer any of my inquiries anymore. I was considering SFCs and would have bought the CAI and a cat back system from them, but I got a PR one with my Cattman Y. I went to a local shop for a custom exhaust and the RT cat install. Let's see that adds up to over $1000 in business they lost from me because they just wouldn't tell me the truth!

End Rant!
Hmmm, that sucks man. Dallas was way more than helpful when I got my Y-pipe in the Fall of 2001. Sorry you had to go through that.
Old 11-11-2002, 04:18 AM

Ditto I am sorry to hear that because I got mine back in 2000 and installed it in January 2001, and it is still on the car now. He was great, course now they have much more business and Dan lives in Milwaukee if I remember correctly per what Dallas' wife said!

Jared
Old 11-11-2002, 08:29 AM

Originally posted by EdgeProductions
Ditto I am sorry to hear that because I got mine back in 2000 and installed it in January 2001, and it is still on the car now. He was great, course now they have much more business and Dan lives in Milwaukee if I remember correctly per what Dallas' wife said!

Jared
WSP is a great company to work with. I admit, the have their issues with getting orders out sometimes, but it is a small business and they are great for customer service. I have spend plenty of time on the phone with Dallas chatting about Maxima stuff and hearing what's in the works. I plan on going with their chasis stiffeners very soon.
Old 11-11-2002, 07:07 PM

Originally posted by male

WSP is a great company to work with. I admit, the have their issues with getting orders out sometimes, but it is a small business and they are great for customer service. I have spend plenty of time on the phone with Dallas chatting about Maxima stuff and hearing what's in the works. I plan on going with their chasis stiffeners very soon.
Ditto I hear you I already contacted him about the three stages of sub frame bracings. I need to do this bad

Next Group deal if I can find someone to make them will be Urethane bushings though!

Jared
Old 11-11-2002, 07:34 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Urethane Bushings where?
Old 11-11-2002, 09:34 PM

Originally posted by todamax
Urethane Bushings where?
Not sure yet, I am going to try my da.mnest to get some made by someone for a decent price, because if not then I really will be wanting to seel my car as my bushings stink and I hate rubber bushings!

Jared
Old 11-12-2002, 01:03 AM

I got mine within a week of paying, and Dallas was very helpful, putting me through the sizes and stuff and what he felt I needed, even though they were obviously very very shorthanded and had little time to play around. Lets just say when they are late with an order, it's in your best interests and no I do not work for them.
Old 11-12-2002, 01:36 PM

I got my Y pipe within a week of paying over the phone w/a CC.
I haven't installed it yet but I will by next week.
Old 11-12-2002, 02:09 PM

Originally posted by EdgeProductions

Not sure yet, I am going to try my da.mnest to get some made by someone for a decent price, because if not then I really will be wanting to seel my car as my bushings stink and I hate rubber bushings!

Jared
Our control our bushings ae weird. The cylindricalshouldn't be a prob, its the other one that is an issue. There are 4 each side in the rear too right? I have heard that this is like the #1 best bang fo rthe buck handling mod out there, second to the ease of installing swaybars. I'm in...the subframe conns too..all 3 stages.
Old 11-12-2002, 02:23 PM

Our control our bushings ae weird. The cylindricalshouldn't be a prob, its the other one that is an issue. There are 4 each side in the rear too right? I have heard that this is like the #1 best bang fo rthe buck handling mod out there, second to the ease of installing swaybars. I'm in...the subframe conns too..all 3 stages.
That is the truth they are the best bang for the dollar but I have to get them custom made somewhere.

Jared