3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

VG auto ran a 14.588 Record????

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2002, 05:56 AM

Originally posted by mtcookson
talk about fast as hell... http://members.telocity.com/superkaos1/NLRturbo.wmv
Oh Man, that was sick. There's one pull in there when the needle on the speedo sweeps from like 100 to 180 SO FAST. THen it goes behind the boost gauge. At first I thought it was kilometers per hour it pulled so fast. Must get one. No better yet, the millenium bike. Ever see it?
http://marineturbine.com/superbike/default.htm
Old 11-11-2002, 12:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

http://www.turbineboat.com/turbineboat_testfootage.mpg
http://limiteddesigns.com/boat/

http://www.limiteddesigns.com/
Old 11-11-2002, 03:10 PM
Ford Only.

that last boat was soo ghey!

here is a real boat
http://autos.werd.com/dmontzmax/Misc...Stuff./Boat2.jpg
Flatbottom V-Drive no dang jetovator to suck up the power just 550+hp of raw prop. I will try and take some more pics and vids in the summer...this was just passing the booeys.
Old 11-12-2002, 12:57 AM

Originally posted by KLoWnPR109

The VG does have a lot of potential, I agree. It just would end up being that you would put more money into the car than its worth. I'm assuming that with I/Y/E a VG five speed would be around 15.5-15.8. Add clutch, flywheel,cams, ECU, build up the motor, and you've got a VG that should be in the high 14s. However, its $$$. The tranny is the only thing keeping me outta the 15s right now but then again, I haven't run in the cold weather yet.
Yup, my max with I/Y/E/U ran 15.8 in the summer time.. Probably will run 15.5 in colder weather.. IF i can drive it back to the track with out getting pulled over for having expiried tags.. hehe
Old 11-12-2002, 05:22 AM

I have not yet gotten inspected..since May..waiting fo rthat one to bite me in the ***!
Old 11-12-2002, 05:42 AM

Originally posted by male

OH man, whaddaya mean more than it's worth..our cars aren't worht much to begine with now anyway, so if you want to go fast, the $$ doesn't matter. Put a turbo on it, then your talking. A well built turbo VG can easily push 300-400hp. An modded but internally stock VGT in a z31 can do 13's. Sure it's RWD, but no lightweight. I will run 13's. Then I won't stop until I get 12's. Boost it and gas it man. I promise.
Wow. I've invested nearly $12,000 into this sh!tbox and never saw any times like that! All I saw was a lot of leaking gear oil and a few blown head gaskets.

Mark, you've been commissioned to help me this winter with the new project. Sorry, but it's now your civic duty to help me!

If I get approved for the money to build this garage I'm planning, it's on. Then I will claim some fame for my fellow VG drivers...

Until then I claim the title for slowest 3rd gen (seeing as the damn thing won't even move -no tranny). Put that on your records sticky!!!
Old 11-12-2002, 06:29 AM

Originally posted by nismo1989

Wow. I've invested nearly $12,000 into this sh!tbox and never saw any times like that! All I saw was a lot of leaking gear oil and a few blown head gaskets.

Mark, you've been commissioned to help me this winter with the new project. Sorry, but it's now your civic duty to help me!

If I get approved for the money to build this garage I'm planning, it's on. Then I will claim some fame for my fellow VG drivers...

Until then I claim the title for slowest 3rd gen (seeing as the damn thing won't even move -no tranny). Put that on your records sticky!!!
A friend and I have discussed a custom garage business for a while. I'd like to hear the basics of your plans (not asking to disclose much, just location and what your business will be about). E-mail me if you like. sirmichael69@hotmail.com
Old 11-12-2002, 06:38 AM

Originally posted by male

A friend and I have discussed a custom garage business for a while. I'd like to hear the basics of your plans (not asking to disclose much, just location and what your business will be about). E-mail me if you like. sirmichael69@hotmail.com
I'm actually talking about a garage on the side of my house. I'm looking to buy a house in southern Indiana before the first of the year. It has a garage started on the side of it, and I will be looking to finish it. I'm thinking of doing a tiled floor and custom shelving all the way around. The beauty of building it myself is that it will be to my exact specifications and custom taylored to my own tastes.

My (future) wife and I have planned on starting a custom shop somewhere in the future but she still has more schooling to go and I would like to go back to school also. That could all get pushed ahead at the drop of a hat, though. It depends on what the economy does in the next year. I'm getting ready to take on a mortgage and start a family, so that's going to take the front seat, but I've been toying with the idea myself for a couple of years now.
Old 11-12-2002, 07:18 AM

Originally posted by nismo1989

I'm actually talking about a garage on the side of my house. I'm looking to buy a house in southern Indiana before the first of the year. It has a garage started on the side of it, and I will be looking to finish it. I'm thinking of doing a tiled floor and custom shelving all the way around. The beauty of building it myself is that it will be to my exact specifications and custom taylored to my own tastes.

My (future) wife and I have planned on starting a custom shop somewhere in the future but she still has more schooling to go and I would like to go back to school also. That could all get pushed ahead at the drop of a hat, though. It depends on what the economy does in the next year. I'm getting ready to take on a mortgage and start a family, so that's going to take the front seat, but I've been toying with the idea myself for a couple of years now.
Wow, you got your hands full! Glad to hear your becoming a homeowner..I hate renting..such a waste..I pay a grand a month and my heat didn't work all night. Not b/c it was broken, but they turned it off. I cna't figure that one out! Looking ot buy a home myself. My girlfriend and I are serious too, so marraige is likely on the way, but I really want to get a home and a business started first...while I'm young and eager you know! Best of luck. When you finish your dream garage, be sure to show it off. I know mine will have a hydraulic lift and a dyno in it..maybe some day!