3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

check out my evilmax

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 10:11 AM

What happened to this guy anyway? Doesn't want to show up again until he can figure out how to fabricate a dyno slip and some track times?
Old 04-10-2004, 11:07 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by evilvamp7
i am more tolerant these days of "boldness." i signed your guestbook, btw. but just realize, evilamp7, that you are on fashion-probation: you start adding exterior mods like gigantic gang-banger wings, altezza rip-offs, stickers, tasteless cracker jack surprise **** like that, and you keep claiming you have 240hp, you will be very alone here and become the resident jacka$$. i'm giving you a chance to start over. don't scr*ew yourself.
Old 04-10-2004, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jack.
wow 240 and a supposed dyno slip. Do I sense a repeat of a month ago?
hahah...its probably the same guy, he just traded in his other p.o.s. for this one. I think he had a GXE before and i think this car might be VE so maybe thats why he thinks it had an engine swap. But we're still talkin 190 hp ...maybe he's got an ebay charger "for more ponies".
Old 04-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Im izz sexay

C'mon guys lets stop talking about the loser. He's just trying to sound like mtcookson (oh wait mt proved he has a HO engine) Oh well Flame on.
Old 04-10-2004, 03:19 PM
Maxima of the Month Dec. 07

This secret engine swap is probably a bicycle with three seats under the hood with Manny, Mo, and Jack from Pep Boys peddling like hell.
Old 04-10-2004, 03:26 PM
GReDdyXMaXiMa

This Thread is S***S and it aint worth it to waste your time.

Let me say this again.

This and that.

Old 04-10-2004, 03:49 PM

I never told anyone because I didn't want to make anyone jealous, but my VG puts out 300 HP to the wheels. I won't give any more detail though for at least 24 hours. I won't post any pictures of the hamsters running around in wheels in my engine compartment either. You guys will have to wait, because I seem to have misplaced my dyno slip.
Old 04-10-2004, 03:52 PM
Ford Only.

well, maybe he did win those cars he was talking about, but they didnt know he was racing.
Old 04-10-2004, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by bru91
This secret engine swap is probably a bicycle with three seats under the hood with Manny, Mo, and Jack from Pep Boys peddling like hell.
omg, lmao!
Old 04-11-2004, 08:59 AM

Come on guys. He is obviously a ricer who wants to get some attention with his ricer friends. A stock VE with that much mileage is probably not even pulling 145hp at the wheels due to the wear and tear in the engine internals. He does not know the first **** about cars hence the huge tachometer and the hood pins on a stock hood. Just forget him and in two weeks hell be gone. Then we can worry about the next loser who comes in the community thinking after trading in his civic and thinks he is the ****.
Old 04-11-2004, 03:26 PM

geez people, i understand critisizm but damn

i had a 5 inch tach and shift line in my 92, and hood pins {held the sucker down at 170 mph}
now i didn't go out and do the steel wheels and someone shot themselves interior.

p.s. the stock ve tach is 300 off above 4k
Old 04-11-2004, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bryan H
geez people, i understand critisizm but damn

i had a 5 inch tach and shift line in my 92, and hood pins {held the sucker down at 170 mph}
now i didn't go out and do the steel wheels and someone shot themselves interior.

p.s. the stock ve tach is 300 off above 4k
you're going 170mph? do you have the timeslip?
Old 04-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Darn, you beat me to the 170 comment.
Old 04-11-2004, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Karmapolice
Darn, you beat me to the 170 comment.
sorry, bro. say something anyway- i won't tell that you were the second person to respond to it.

this thread has become open-season. the 170mph comment just tipped the scales. i think the flaming will be so intense from this point forth that they'll close the thread soon (hint: psychological tactic of suggestion).
Old 04-11-2004, 08:57 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

FYI...you twp might wanna watch for the flames ...Bryan H had one of the fastest VEs around. you guys might wanna do some research before you start calling BS on proven veterans.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:58 PM

do a search and find out who i am and what i did to kick start the ve craze.

timeslips? 14.3@98 mph on street tires. no slicks. you want a mods list? search for it
with 17's on a ve max 5spd, it is rev limited at 178 mph {as added up by andy, another old max guy}

if you think im BSing, you have a severe awaking comming to you.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:44 PM

170mph? why didn't he start a thread immediately with timeslips, pics of the clock, engine bay pics, specs. hmmm?

hey man, you need to prove this beyond your words. why do you want us to do a search now? what kind of a childish keep-a-way game is that? why don't you do it for us since you are making these bold claims? please, shut us all up.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:34 PM
Way out West

Originally Posted by bonzelite
170mph? why didn't he start a thread immediately with timeslips, pics of the clock, engine bay pics, specs. hmmm?

hey man, you need to prove this beyond your words. why do you want us to do a search now? what kind of a childish keep-a-way game is that? why don't you do it for us since you are making these bold claims? please, shut us all up.

Hey, Bonzelite I think there are two different people making two different (but both fairly asanine) claims.

I must agree with you on this one, though. A fast VE is not a 170 mph car. I have driven a modded Stealth TT (good for probably 400 hp +- ) and in between 150 and 160, I nearly crapped myself. I am not even sure how fast I was going because if I looked down, I would have probably crashed. Even if you are on a huge racing ova or the Autobahnl, you probably wouldn't have the room or the ability to go that fast.

There are lots of cars that will go 130-150 mph, but to get past that you need some serious hp because of wind resistance, not only that but some serious room to drive. Go grab a copy of Road and Track and see what cars top out over 150. Basically nothing with less than 300 hp.

To add to that is the fact that you would need a GPS, since the speedo in the Max only goes to 145 and probably isn't 100 percent accurate.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Red92MaxSE
Hey, Bonzelite I think there are two different people making two different (but both fairly asanine) claims....

...I must agree with you on this one, though. A fast VE is not a 170 mph car....

...There are lots of cars that will go 130-150 mph, but to get past that you need some serious hp because of wind resistance, not only that but some serious room to drive. Go grab a copy of Road and Track and see what cars top out over 150. Basically nothing with less than 300 hp.
yeah. there's the guy who started the thread, then there is mr.170mph. regardless, if i am shown incontrovertible evidence that he has a 170mph VE, i will give him all the room he wants.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:19 AM

i have a ticket for a 163 in a 55 work zone.

my suggestion to you mr newbie is this. do the search and find out who i am before you go flaming me.

you want mods?
i'll give you the basics
3z cams
3z injectors
bored tb, port matched intake
final scale weight of 2800 lbs
no cat, 2,5 in cat back
timing advance
blah blah blah
list goes on, thats the basics

if you think me having you search for the crap is childish, how about this, i'll ask you waht your mods are for the next 5-6 years once a week and see how old it gets. hows that for a childish answer
Old 04-12-2004, 06:34 AM
STFU n00b!

All you noobs need to let off Bryan... After he sold the car, I rode in it with JustinMC.. the thing was scary fast compared to mine, and I'm running 14.7x in mine on my heavy 17s, full interior, and stock exhaust. I've had my VE up to 160 as well.. I've seen Bryan's ticker for 163 in a 55 as well. (that was a big frikken fine!)

Bryan left this board because of the rampant BS before most of you guys ever started coming around.. of the few people I go to when I have a question on my car, it's him. I think that oughta say a bit for his reputation, don't you?
Old 04-12-2004, 06:48 AM
Way out West

OK, that's evidence. You have someone to back your story. That's all we were asking...

Mostly this thread was flaming evilvamp, but Bryan added fuel to the fire with the (at the time) uncorroborated announcement of reaching a very lofty speed for a four door sedan.

Anyway, I apologize to Bryan because Matt vouches for him, but I still want to see pics of evilvamps "engine swap" and 240 hp dyno slips to prove that jive.

BTW, in Oregon getting caught going over 100 mph is usually considered reckless driving and you lose your license and go to jail, so if that were me, I'd probably be happy with a "big frikken fine."
Old 04-12-2004, 06:48 AM
Way out West

OK, that's evidence. You have someone to back your story. That's all we were asking...

Mostly this thread was flaming evilvamp, but Bryan added fuel to the fire with the (at the time) uncorroborated announcement of reaching a very lofty speed for a four door sedan.

Anyway, I apologize to Bryan because Matt vouches for him, but I still want to see pics of evilvamps "engine swap" and 240 hp dyno slips to prove that jive.

BTW, in Oregon getting caught going over 100 mph is usually considered reckless driving and you lose your license and go to jail, so if that were me, I'd probably be happy with a "big frikken fine."
Old 04-12-2004, 08:28 AM

Its not that I didn't believe. It was more of a holy crap response. 170 is way fast! I've seen some cars do crazy stuff before. Btw how much did that ticket cost ya.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:41 AM

1600 for lawyer to make it go away.

being that it was a work zone was bad enough but, it could have been involuntary manslaugter, or attempted suicide. just got happy with what i got
then again the trooper was runnin 120 down i-70 taking me to the kc jail.

go figure.

there are a lot of people who can back my story.

i still have two 4th gen se's in the garage. i don't feel the need to go out and buy another car when i have 4 already so no ve for me.

i still frequent the board when i feel bored enough to do so. like now.
and matt is right, all the bs drove a lot of people away, including me, i see not much has changed, in a sense.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:15 AM

Are you guys sure your speedometers are in MPH and not KMH? I mean Dayum! 170 mph??? In a cheap old 190 horse 4 door japanese sedan? How is that possible?
Old 04-12-2004, 10:55 AM

i have a ticket for a 163 in a 55 work zone.

my suggestion to you mr newbie is this. do the search and find out who i am before you go flaming me.

you want mods?
i'll give you the basics
3z cams
3z injectors
bored tb, port matched intake
final scale weight of 2800 lbs
no cat, 2,5 in cat back
timing advance
blah blah blah
list goes on, thats the basics

if you think me having you search for the crap is childish, how about this, i'll ask you waht your mods are for the next 5-6 years once a week and see how old it gets. hows that for a childish answer
i wasn't the only one skeptical, so why you singled me out is beyond me. your whole elusive "come and find me" thing came off as self-important and contributed to the escalation of doubt. instead of proudly sharing, you were arrogantly witholding. for all we knew, you had, as red92maxSE said, an "uncorroborated announcement."

i see that you are an old veteran to the org. i think you're truthful, however much of an !diot for driving that fast on a public road (although that must have been amazing to see from the sidelines). your past baggage with attitudes and flames here must have made you very hostile and intolerant to challenges or doubters. so it makes sense that you copped the 'tude.

i don't have a beef with you, brianh, so i'm letting go of this. you have the floor. cheers on the maximas you own.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:55 AM

In Philly they would have just shot ya. lol
Old 04-12-2004, 12:17 PM
NWP Engineering.com

You tell them Bryan. BTW, you're all motor 14.3 is going down!! Just give me a little time.

Also, I've pegged out my speedometer once and I estimate the needle was at 155mph. And my car was still pulling pretty decent in the top of OD. I EASILY believe a modded VE 5spd can do 155+ since I was able to easily do it in my auto.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:54 PM
STFU n00b!

Which one with a red Maxima?

I have one, evildork has one, Bryan H had one, N34JZ has one, Mr Gone has one, red92MaxSE has one, SPipedong90 has one... I could go on.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:56 PM
I'm needing a caw

Shawn boy has a white one. Old was was black
Old 04-12-2004, 02:23 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

I have a 3 or 4 color one...there might be some red in there.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by OTHNIEL BAXTER
What Happened To The Cat With The Red Maxima? I Wanted To Know How He Did His Seats. Need To Do Mine In White. Why Is Everyone So Hostile.foken Sheet Main I Love Everybody.
I think we scared him off. I was flaming him because as far as we know his car is all show and no go. He claims 240 hp and an engine swap but doesn't want to tell us about it, sounds a little shady to me. If my VE put out 240 hp I would want to prove it to people and at least show pics on my website.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:03 PM

i got flamed, hence the "tude"
the max with 17x7 wheels and 225 55/17 inch tires is rev limited at 178 mph
i was bouncing off that with the shift light flashing in my face.

as for having a 240 hp motor? um, bottle perhaps? thats the only thing i can come up with, it is evident he doesn't have any forced induction so i'll jump on the bandwagon of bs, someone gimme a shovel

aaron, please break that 5-6 year old record.

as for me being nuts? um yep, that i am, doing 200 in a supra is fun too
above 160 the lines in the road become one and things seemingly slow down. i have pegged the speedo in the max i had many many times. hell every car i have done that in. and im going to do it in 76 280 as well.

170 isn't as scary as 130 in a pathfinder

as far as the recorded time of 163 mph, i was slowing down, go figure. still a healthy fine and court time.

my max put down a bit over 195 hp to the wheels when it was said and done. the 14.3 time was not off that dyno. but a 184 hp set up.

and more mods? well you guys pretty much know what they are, except for the secret sauce {not a bottle.}
Old 04-12-2004, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by jaguax
Are you guys sure your speedometers are in MPH and not KMH? I mean Dayum! 170 mph??? In a cheap old 190 horse 4 door japanese sedan? How is that possible?
nope, that was mph

its simple math really to see how fast a car will go given the rom range you work with
the pathfinder i have now, geared to do 170 mph at 6k rpms
will it ever see it? i severely doubt it. its lucky to hit 120 on a good day

when i had my max it wasn't all that cheap.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Shawn boy has a white one. Old was was black

yeah Matt, no red. I was looking at a 92 SE 5spd Aztec red when I got those parts from you, thats probably why you were thinking that. They were asking $1000 because it had "engine problems", and I have a spare engine so.... but I passed it up.

I've had every color but that off-white/creme color and a skyblue at my house though, if that counts

Bryan, if you dont mind, is it possiable to use Z32 300zx cams on the VE? Do you use VE sprokets on the Z32 cams? I'm trying to find options for VE cams and such. I already have the bottom end all worked out, but have a big ? for the top end
Old 04-12-2004, 10:39 PM

to be honest about the cams deal, i didn't do the install. i do know here is grinding to the cams that had to be done. and frankly its not worth it, the time and money for the little hp gain doesn't justify doing it.
its nice the jwt tells everyone that can't run bigger cams in a ve. news to me, stock ecu as well
it can be done, just remember, the vtc has a lot to do with how big you can go and how its going to run. if you can get rid of the vtc you're golden
Old 04-12-2004, 10:42 PM
NWP Engineering.com

aaron, please break that 5-6 year old record.
I hope I can whoop that record. I have more ECU tuning to do, cams, new VTCs, VE 5spd variable intake, throttle body spacer and intake spacer. That's about all I have plans for right now. As far as NA is concerned. Nitrous is soon to come.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:47 PM

Put exhaust cam sprokets on the intake cams, probably could work, but I'm just speculating.

Did you put stock Z32 cams in or aftermarket ones (and I figure I might as well ask, are the cams differ between the VG30DE and VG30DETT?)?. Now I'm curious.

I understand the whole time/money isnt worth the gains thing, but I have a spare engine and wouldnt mind a challenge.

(Jeff I hope you dont mind the OT, maybe you could split the thread or something?)
Old 04-12-2004, 11:36 PM

i got flamed, hence the "tude"

as for me being nuts? um yep, that i am, doing 200 in a supra is fun too
above 160 the lines in the road become one and things seemingly slow down. i have pegged the speedo in the max i had many many times. hell every car i have done that in. and im going to do it in 76 280 as well.

170 isn't as scary as 130 in a pathfinder
brian, i take back my b.s.

so anyway, i was thinking today that those cops must have been absolutely in disbelief and scared sh!tless!! i think that it is funny as heL@L and legendary. i laughed out loud thinking of the reality of it: there is no way they could have ever outran you, ever. in fact, to do what you did, as bold as it was, kindles respect for you. in a way, what you did makes you a sort of "anti-hero." you possess something within yourself that i lack. i have ran from the cops twice in my life, both in my maxima, both at high speeds, but my stories are boring compared to yours.

Quick Reply: check out my evilmax