3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

I'm Out

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 10:42 PM

I'm Out

Well, the 3rd gen has finally sold. Made the sale to my best buddy who needs a new car. As soon as his is sold in a few weeks, the Max leaves. I'm going to try to stay in the Maxima family, and have a few 4th gens and two fifth gens lined up to look at. It's been fun and I will miss this car and this section of the board. 3rd genners=hardcore!!!

Peace.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

why not look for a low mileage 3rd GEN??? You can get one with under 100k for around $3k.
Old 09-24-2004, 03:02 AM

If you get a 4th gen I will cry

oh my Dad's selling his 5th gen if you want to come across the country
Old 09-24-2004, 04:55 AM

stay in the 3rd gen family and get a ve5spd! HELL what am I saying, that just makes more competition for me...nevermind
Old 09-24-2004, 07:20 AM
1993 SE

Originally Posted by Maxima NutBag
Well, the 3rd gen has finally sold. Made the sale to my best buddy who needs a new car. As soon as his is sold in a few weeks, the Max leaves. I'm going to try to stay in the Maxima family, and have a few 4th gens and two fifth gens lined up to look at. It's been fun and I will miss this car and this section of the board. 3rd genners=hardcore!!!

Peace.
Why are you selling? Not for a 4th gen r u?
Old 09-24-2004, 10:42 AM
Banned

you cant downgrade to a 4th, 5th, or 6th gen...stay here and get the coveted ve 5-spd! You wanna be able to take the turns fast dont you? straight line speed is for crap cars
Old 09-24-2004, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by CamryKilla
you cant downgrade to a 4th, 5th, or 6th gen...stay here and get the coveted ve 5-spd! You wanna be able to take the turns fast dont you? straight line speed is for crap cars
Aint that the truth. I had a '91 SE that I loved, but it got rear-ended on the freeway, so I went out and bought a '97 SE. The new one is a great straight cruiser, but it doesn't handle the mountain twisties nearly as well. I just stumbled across a really nice '93 SE for cheap, so I grabbed it. I've driven a 5th generation, but I don't think Nissan ever really improved on the 3G.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:04 PM

That's weak. 3rd gen 4 life!
Old 09-25-2004, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Coochie Coach
Aint that the truth. I had a '91 SE that I loved, but it got rear-ended on the freeway, so I went out and bought a '97 SE. The new one is a great straight cruiser, but it doesn't handle the mountain twisties nearly as well. I just stumbled across a really nice '93 SE for cheap, so I grabbed it. I've driven a 5th generation, but I don't think Nissan ever really improved on the 3G.
i've read this same sentiment throughout my stay here thus far: it seems the true upgrade is to go from VG to VE 3rd gen. manual, of course.

after 3g, the 'sport compact' idea is fully abandoned. although the other g's look nice. also, some have upgraded to the G35 sedan. this seems to be a sort of updated maxima that is back to a performance philosophy.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by bonzelite
i've read this same sentiment throughout my stay here thus far: it seems the true upgrade is to go from VG to VE 3rd gen. manual, of course.

after 3g, the 'sport compact' idea is fully abandoned. although the other g's look nice. also, some have upgraded to the G35 sedan. this seems to be a sort of updated maxima that is back to a performance philosophy.
The 3G Maxima was truly positioned in the market as a poor man's beemer. It was a sport sedan that offered comfort, power, performance and sportiness with a hint of luxury. In the early 90s it stood out from the pack of uninspiring Japanese cars.

Subsequent generations pretty much gave up the pursuit of performance, as evidenced by the abandonment of independent rear suspension. Oh, they still have great engines, look good and run well, but it's really just a sportier alternative to a Camry. Today the Acura, Lexus or Infiniti are more like what the Maxima started out to be.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:43 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Yep my dad did this very thing to me. He got himself a 2003 G35 six speed, and left me in the dust with an 89 maxima se.

Lucky Bastard.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by zoltan
Yep my dad did this very thing to me. He got himself a 2003 G35 six speed, and left me in the dust with an 89 maxima se.

Lucky Bastard.
yep. see what i mean? the G35 is to me the unofficial upgraded maxima. has the wrong badges. i actually like the 5th gen SE, though.
Old 09-25-2004, 05:54 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

what about a 2003 acura CL 6speed type S
Old 09-26-2004, 02:33 AM

(no hostility intended in this post)Like my first post: 3g'ers=hardcore and passionate about the 3rd gen. But let me make something clear: there are ZERO VE 5spds for sale in my area.I've even searched up to 100 miles away from my house. I live in retirement central, everybody buys automatics, save the few manuals. I don't see it as downgrading, I lost that kind of attitude awhile ago. I need to move on. I just looked on autotrader and all I found was an automatic 93SE. If I were to get another 3rd gen it would be a VE 5spd but like I stated there aren't any for sale. I don't haul *** that much (police around here are real ****s), and there really aren't any twisties in FL anyways. The 3rd gen experience was fun. I'm sure I'll miss the rear suspension, but guys: some of our cars are getting old, especially mine. The build plate is 9/88. I just want something newer. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I don't have the money to fix my car, but my friend does, and that's why he's buying it. Keep pimpin the 3rd gen guys.
Old 09-26-2004, 04:06 AM

its because of the star trek wheel isnt it?
Old 09-26-2004, 05:01 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by MrGone
its because of the star trek wheel isnt it?
Old 09-26-2004, 11:20 AM

haha, star trek wheel. never looked at it that way.
Old 09-26-2004, 01:00 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Warp 9 number 1!
Old 09-26-2004, 01:18 PM

(no hostility intended in this post)Like my first there are ZERO VE 5spds for sale in my area.I've even searched up to 100 miles away from my house. I live in retirement central, everybody buys automatics, save the few manuals. I don't see it as downgrading, I lost that kind of attitude awhile ago. I need to move on. I
i know what you mean by moving on. variety is the spice of life. why drive the same kind of car for the rest of your life.

on the flip side, you can find a VE 5spd without a problem. you must be willing to take a long trip for it, though. i found an S14 in new york and i live in LA. i drove it across the country. was fun.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:36 PM

i know what you mean by moving on. variety is the spice of life. why drive the same kind of car for the rest of your life.

on the flip side, you can find a VE 5spd without a problem. you must be willing to take a long trip for it, though. i found an S14 in new york and i live in LA. i drove it across the country. was fun.
You live close to me! What have you done to your S14?

-Larry
Old 09-28-2004, 06:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Maxima-4DSC
what about a 2003 acura CL 6speed type S
you know they're not making the CL anymore? Its a really nice car, but i think people went more for the TL, because today 4 doors seems to be more practical. And, I can agree with the g35 being the new unofficial maxima, and I really wouldn't mind going back to the styles of old.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:03 PM
Banned

(no hostility intended in this post)Like my first post: 3g'ers=hardcore and passionate about the 3rd gen. But let me make something clear: there are ZERO VE 5spds for sale in my area.I've even searched up to 100 miles away from my house. I live in retirement central, everybody buys automatics, save the few manuals. I don't see it as downgrading, I lost that kind of attitude awhile ago. I need to move on. I just looked on autotrader and all I found was an automatic 93SE. If I were to get another 3rd gen it would be a VE 5spd but like I stated there aren't any for sale. I don't haul *** that much (police around here are real ****s), and there really aren't any twisties in FL anyways. The 3rd gen experience was fun. I'm sure I'll miss the rear suspension, but guys: some of our cars are getting old, especially mine. The build plate is 9/88. I just want something newer. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I don't have the money to fix my car, but my friend does, and that's why he's buying it. Keep pimpin the 3rd gen guys.
Gotta respect that, the age is a major factor. If you can get a car that satisfies your needs, and will last longer, more power to you.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cheocwa
You live close to me! What have you done to your S14?

-Larry
this will get too off-topic, so i will pm and/or email you. check those.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:44 PM

$11,995
2000 SE 5spd, lots o features, almost the same color as your 3rd gen too hehehehehe

edit:
http://www.digitalbeta.net/images/OL...s/P1010017.JPG
it thinks its a 3rd gen too
Old 09-29-2004, 07:36 PM

cant go wrong with a 4th gen, i love mine
Old 09-30-2004, 12:05 AM

I have a VE 5spd and I owned a VQ automatic, and they are very different cars. At this point I'd much rather have a VQ 5 spd than a VE 5 spd, the handling isn't much better on the third gens, and I love the torque on the VQ (and the option of a turbo kit or supercharger). I like my VE but the VQ is just a better motor....too bad I can't get rid of my VE 5 spd....
Old 09-30-2004, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by rosamax
I have a VE 5spd and I owned a VQ automatic, and they are very different cars. At this point I'd much rather have a VQ 5 spd than a VE 5 spd, the handling isn't much better on the third gens, and I love the torque on the VQ (and the option of a turbo kit or supercharger). I like my VE but the VQ is just a better motor....too bad I can't get rid of my VE 5 spd....
I'm sorry I cannot comprehend what you just said.

3rd gen or no gen
Old 09-30-2004, 10:40 AM
Banned

Whats wrong with your ve 5-spd? Theres plenty of people that would love to have that car.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:43 PM

Next step is a 5th gen if I had an extra 10grand to go into it.

Notice how many other 14 yr old cars there are? None, Living in ATL there are tons of 3rd gen around here.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:04 PM

Nothing is wrong with it, I'd just like a car with lower miles and I'm buying a house so I'd like to try to get down to one vehicle for once. I just posted it here http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....53#post3257453 in the classifieds if your curious.

MrGone-you know you wanna VQ don't you
Old 10-04-2004, 01:03 AM

Nothing is wrong with it, I'd just like a car with lower miles and I'm buying a house so I'd like to try to get down to one vehicle for once. I just posted it here http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....53#post3257453 in the classifieds if your curious.

MrGone-you know you wanna VQ don't you
In all honesty, if you were within a states distance, I would probably buy your car lol. You've already taken care of just about anything that is going to go wrong with it, plus have all the mods I like

meh. I'm trying to save up for a house aswell, but that is the reason why I'm not going to sell my maxima, It's a good reliable fun car, better than a payment and I'm an idiot that cant get away from the 3rd gens.

VQ, meh, Driven the DE-K alot, IMHO the VE is much more fun, and it doesn't use as much gas strangely enough.