Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) (https://maxima.org/forums/3rd-generation-maxima-1989-1994-8/)
-   -   interested in having another choice in the exhaust world? (https://maxima.org/forums/3rd-generation-maxima-1989-1994/258042-interested-having-another-choice-exhaust-world.html)

89maxSE 10-20-2004 01:06 AM

interested in having another choice in the exhaust world?

I've been thinking recently about talking to a local shop I go to about making some exhaust for our maxes. I figured it would be nice to see a new manufacturer instead of just WSP, stillen, and cattman. Oh and almost forgot...pacesetter. Anyways, how many would be interested in another choice for cat-backs, Y-pipes, and maybe even a header system. They make quality exhaust and I'm sure they could do it for cheaper than anyone else. I'm posting this to see if its worth my time and theirs to chase after this. Let me know what you guys think. I'll be going up there later this week.

Cole

Matt93SE 10-20-2004 05:39 AM

will people buy it? sure.. will you/they make millions? no.

remember you're dealing with an ancient car at this point. not too many people are buying stuff for them. I have a hard time getting 10 people on a group deal, yet I can get 30 or 40 on the same thing for a 4th and 5th gen.

broncoguy 10-20-2004 07:11 AM

Yeah...some of us have a hell of a time just trying to keep the d**n thing running, let alone mods.... :) :(

jadegreenmax 10-20-2004 08:20 AM

what about greddy? you didn't mention them

icepick 10-20-2004 10:47 AM

greddy = mucho mulla, i want an exhuast like greddy's sound but with less $

Maxmus_X 10-20-2004 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by icepick

:sprint: If you can get it like greddy quality cheap :squintdan :doublethu

internetautomar 10-20-2004 01:28 PM

A better question is :
How much are you willing to spend?
$100?
$200?
$300?
$400?
$500?
more?

DA-MAX 10-20-2004 02:25 PM

have them make an O-pipe and I'm all over it :nod:

http://www.kalecoauto.com/opipe.gif

Loe max 10-20-2004 02:30 PM

If its cheaper than wsp $160 price with similar quality, I'm all for it :D

Chris91SE 10-20-2004 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by icepick

so you want the greddy sound but not the quality?

89maxSE 10-20-2004 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
will people buy it? sure.. will you/they make millions? no.

remember you're dealing with an ancient car at this point. not too many people are buying stuff for them. I have a hard time getting 10 people on a group deal, yet I can get 30 or 40 on the same thing for a 4th and 5th gen.

I know what you are saying. I'm not expected to make millions or anything like that, I just think it would be nice to see something else for the 3rd gens. Hell if I still had a 3rd gen I would buy exhaust from them. Quick questions, should it have a resonator and also what kind of muffler would most prefer? Stainless or Aluminized?

89maxSE 10-20-2004 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by jadegreenmax
what about greddy? you didn't mention them

whoops, I knew I left someone out.

89maxSE 10-20-2004 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
A better question is :
How much are you willing to spend?
$100?
$200?
$300?
$400?
$500?
more?

I'm not gonna be spending anything. I'm gonna see if they can make one up and test its performance on the car then see how much interest it gets from there. If not a whole lot then we'll leave it alone and just sell that one. Or I'll talk to my buddy into having them make one for his.That way they wont have to worry about having a buyer and they dont lose any money. Either way I will let you guys know.

89maxSE 10-20-2004 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by ScreamingVE
If its cheaper than wsp $160 price with similar quality, I'm all for it :D

What can you get from WSP for $160? CAI? I saw no exhaust products for $160 unless you are talking about just the B-pipe w/ no muffler

CamryKilla 10-20-2004 04:09 PM

GD price for the vg is $160

Bill Brasky 10-20-2004 04:25 PM

NO GREDDY NO CARE

/shawn

MrGone 10-20-2004 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by 89maxSE
What can you get from WSP for $160? CAI? I saw no exhaust products for $160 unless you are talking about just the B-pipe w/ no muffler

http://www.digitalbeta.net/images/Other/wsppayment.JPG
http://s92599732.onlinehome.us/images/Y-Pipe/4.JPG

and

Originally Posted by antonthegrey
NO GREDDY NO CARE

/shawn

:wavey:

internetautomar 10-20-2004 05:00 PM

I'm not gonna be spending anything.

I was refering to what others will spend not you

Loe max 10-20-2004 05:18 PM

I do believe there is a group deal. I called WSP up today and the lady who answered the phone asked if I was a Maxima.org member. She advised me of the group deal on mandrel-bend aluminum Ypipe for IIRC 89-99 Maxima's for $160. Also, if your not for the group deal, I believe you can call up WSP,tell them that your a member of .org, and get a Y-pipe for $160. I THINK they use to give discounts to repeated customers also, but I'll have to ask them when I call them again to order. It might just be for B-pipes though.

Here is the link to the GD http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=343526

89maxSE 10-20-2004 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by CamryKilla
GD price for the vg is $160

I see now. Who nows what kind of deal they would be willing to work out. I'll check it out though.

89maxSE 10-20-2004 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
I was refering to what others will spend not you

ahhh yea, that will be the hard part, I know. I just figure if there is another choice out there, it would be nice. I'm sure that everyone would be satisfied with the quality of their work. I will get pics of the exhuast on my 240 when its done.

aminus21 10-20-2004 10:24 PM

borla ..... pretty good

89maxSE 10-20-2004 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by aminus21
borla ..... pretty good

What about borla?

Scope 10-21-2004 05:08 AM

Can someone come up with some headers.

internetautomar 10-21-2004 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by VG Ill ridah
Can someone come up with some headers.

actually we were discussing that

Matt93SE 10-21-2004 05:53 AM

Greddy sounds decent, but the quality is horrible. I honestly don't know how they stay in business asking the prices they do and putting out the crap quality parts they are.
I traded some parts for a 1 year old Greedy catback for my car, and it had rusted through in several spots, as well as the resonator was completely destoryed and the muffler had already been replaced.. f*** that!

Make something of decent quality and put a good price on it and it will sell. just don't expect to make millions on parts for a 3rd gen. trust me on that one. the market is shrinking every day.

Scope 10-21-2004 10:21 AM

Warpseed can do catback but on select times cattman will do headers. Why can't we have some quality headers around the same price of pacesetter that's actually made for our cars.

Jeff92se 10-21-2004 10:25 AM

Wha??? Do you have any experience in manufacturing or marketing?? Very difficult to get headers that fit, made of something decent, for a "cheap" price for a market that's 10+ years old. You want it? YOU have to make it happen and not ask "why" can't someone do this or that. That's the way it is. Or buy a welder and make your own :D

Originally Posted by VG Ill ridah
Warpseed can do catback but on select times cattman will do headers. Why can't we have some quality headers around the same price of pacesetter that's actually made for our cars.

Chris91SE 10-21-2004 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Wha??? Do you have any experience in manufacturing or marketing?? Very difficult to get headers that fit, made of something decent, for a "cheap" price for a market that's 10+ years old. You want it? YOU have to make it happen and not ask "why" can't someone do this or that. That's the way it is. Or buy a welder and make your own :D

c'mon jeff...if hondas or for focuses or wrxs can have it then so can we :rolleyes:

Scope 10-21-2004 12:01 PM

To tell you the truth I should be starting school on auto mechanics in january so to a certain limit I will have experience in about a year. I'm also going to school for business management. Within the next few years I will open a garage for specialty/custom parts.

89maxSE 10-21-2004 01:14 PM

I will try to talk this shop into fabbin up some custom exhaust (catback, ypipe, and a header system) for a 3rd gen. I think that they will but no telling until I actually sit down and talk to them. I'm probably gonna head up there tomorrow and I will talk to them about it then. See what kind of pirce they give me on an estimate. I will be sure to post what I find out on here. Wish me luck