Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) (https://maxima.org/forums/3rd-generation-maxima-1989-1994-8/)
-   -   how do you take out the... (https://maxima.org/forums/3rd-generation-maxima-1989-1994/55754-how-do-you-take-out.html)

djslinkyz 10-30-2001 08:22 PM

how do you take out the...

a/c vent on the far right side of the dash. not the triangle one, but the rectangle one. and also, how do you take out the glove box handle?

djslinkyz 11-04-2001 12:26 PM

bumpity bump bump :)

N34JZ 11-04-2001 12:37 PM

i dont know

when ever I do a Max (painting) I just pop off the plate then I tape and shield and paint the vent in the car. and the other piece im not sure no one else has ever wanted that painted in a max that ive done.

atulb84 11-04-2001 12:46 PM

painting my pieces right now. letting them dry actually. so far looks pretty good but i think i bought the wrong color paint. the blue is too dark. i'll post pics when i'm done.

Chris91SE 11-04-2001 12:52 PM

i left my passenger side vent in and painted it with a brush :gapteeth: the rest i sprayed...they all look the same though...

http://images.cardomain.com/installs...145_9_full.jpg

djslinkyz 11-04-2001 01:03 PM

i'm redoing all mine, i'm sanding them smooth now so that there's no bumpity bump bumps on 'em.

N34JZ, how do you pop out the plate?

N34JZ 11-04-2001 01:15 PM

you can just pop it off

with a flat head. heres some pics I just did mine between posts no lie, I'm a pro. It looks good I painted the vent gunmetal like the rest of my dash and the plate red (Im getting red carbon fiber so its covered but it looks hot now.)

N34JZ 11-04-2001 01:20 PM

heres the finished product

I wasnt gonna bother with this on my max but you just got me to do it. thanks. lol

atulb84 was my advice any good? oh yeah if anything gets messed up while you are re installing it just spray a Q-tip with paint and do a touch up.

:D

N34JZ 11-04-2001 01:24 PM

also

the red looks really bright in the pic but its actually body color that I had mixed up at a body shop. I was also heating the pieces with a blow dryer as I was doing it.

djslinkyz 11-04-2001 01:57 PM

wow, that's nice. thanks bro

N34JZ 11-04-2001 02:08 PM

no prob. Its what I do

Originally posted by djslinkyz
wow, that's nice. thanks bro
when youve done like 15-20 dashes you get good. post pics when yours is done.

did you ever get the price I gave you on those rims?

djslinkyz 11-04-2001 02:15 PM

Re: no prob. Its what I do

Originally posted by N34JZ

when youve done like 15-20 dashes you get good. post pics when yours is done.

pictures are at walmart right now :)

did you ever get the price I gave you on those rims?
yes i did, but my friend's dad hooked me up with his friend who works at a place where i can get stock rims cheap, so hopefully i can get some 2000 maxima wheels or something, and they powdercoat too.

atulb84 11-04-2001 02:39 PM

Re: Re: no prob. Its what I do

tight people have powdercoated wheels :cool:

Originally posted by djslinkyz

pictures are at walmart right now :)

yes i did, but my friend's dad hooked me up with his friend who works at a place where i can get stock rims cheap, so hopefully i can get some 2000 maxima wheels or something, and they powdercoat too.

93 SE 11-04-2001 02:56 PM

Originally posted by Chris91SE
i left my passenger side vent in and painted it with a brush :gapteeth: the rest i sprayed...they all look the same though...

http://images.cardomain.com/installs...145_9_full.jpg

how did you get red inside :)

noleafclover 11-04-2001 08:17 PM

a few things

first of all, i guess you already finished now, but if not, i haven't done it yet, i'm actually going to paint it this week/weekend after i get my body painted, but i'm pretty sure the right vent comes out like the other ones, just throught the glove box, and i am assuming it will be a pain.

also, why did you use a blowdryer on it when you were painting? does that help? if so, how?

Chris91SE 11-04-2001 08:26 PM

Originally posted by 93 SE

how did you get red inside :)

very carefully :laugh:

let's just say i had some time on my hands and the inside part was handpainted...

Chris91SE 11-04-2001 08:27 PM

Re: a few things

Originally posted by noleafclover

also, why did you use a blowdryer on it when you were painting? does that help? if so, how?

i used a heat gun...i'm so damn impatient that i couldn't wait for them to dry to apply multiple coats..

N34JZ 11-05-2001 03:56 AM

Re: a few things

Originally posted by noleafclover
I use it because when youve done alot you learn to spray real light coats and like chris said I'm also impatient and I use it to dry the paint between coats. At my shop I have and use a heat gun but at my house I had a blowdryer. and yes the vent comes out when you take of the panel between the door and glove box (many screws) I didnt bother because the dash kit im getting covers both of those pieces (glove box and piece next to it.

heres a pic of a mirage I did, those pieces were a pain in the *** to get out.