Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) (https://maxima.org/forums/3rd-generation-maxima-1989-1994-8/)
-   -   SO HAPPY!! :D (https://maxima.org/forums/3rd-generation-maxima-1989-1994/613198-so-happy-d.html)

Hatmanafro 05-04-2010 04:21 PM

SO HAPPY!! :D

So a few weeks ago i spotted the black cragar steel rims i want at a local junkyard on this wrecked explorer. i kinda had the fantasy of me getting them and putting them on the max.
So luckily it became possible for me to get them.. for a few days now me and my friend have been planning to go and get them. he would help me get the rims and tires off the truck. everything worked out almost to perfection. we got there. got the rims and tires. and then bought em.
so here are pics of the rims and tires as of now.
tomorrow me and my friend are gonna break the tires down and if everything works out. (cross my fingers it does). we can break these wheels down and my maxima wheels down and swap rims. (take the big tires off and put on my stock tires)

rims and tires

http://i44.tinypic.com/eprna.jpg

car as of 5/04/10

http://i41.tinypic.com/vxbwpy.jpg

i would like to paint the rims white. but. im runnin on lint in my pocket when it comes to money. lol. im gonna keep this thread updated with stuff i do to my car. im gonna try to torch the springs soon. i know ill get hate for that but i dont really care. my mind is set.

Greeny 05-04-2010 04:28 PM

Get ready for some serious fender rub there mang :ugh:

Hatmanafro 05-04-2010 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Greeny (Post 7544707)
Get ready for some serious fender rub there mang :ugh:

im ready to roll sum fenders :D
but im not using those big *** redneck tires. im gonna stick the 205s that are on the car now

Greeny 05-04-2010 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Hatmanafro (Post 7544712)
im ready to roll sum fenders :D
but im not using those big *** redneck tires. im gonna stick the 205s that are on the car now

the offset of them wheels may be too much dude, you can only roll a fender so much..

Hatmanafro 05-04-2010 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Greeny (Post 7544714)
the offset of them wheels may be too much dude, you can only roll a fender so much..

i just went out there and measured them and they are 9.5 inches wide thats 3.5 inches over stock.. idk the math but im really scaired now. i went through ****ing hoops to get those wheels.. ahhh. damn. ill see how they fit tomorrow.

Greeny 05-04-2010 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Hatmanafro (Post 7544728)
i just went out there and measured them and they are 9.5 inches wide thats 3.5 inches over stock.. idk the math but im really scaired now. i went through ****ing hoops to get those wheels.. ahhh. damn. ill see how they fit tomorrow.

Sorry mang :(

I don't see any way that wheel will fit your car..not without looking extremely ghetto..It pays to do some research before buying things for your vehicle..

Hatmanafro 05-04-2010 04:59 PM

yeah.. im freaking out mang. im still hopeful. maybe i have a super rare GXE that lets wheels like these fit. lol

Cliff Clavin 05-04-2010 08:06 PM

Just sell them on Craigslist and buy something that fits your car.

Usually, there are lots of options, just not some 15x9s off of a truck. haha

If you want black, you can find some stock wheels from a newer Max or something and paint them. I did that with some 2005 Maxima wheels I bought for $100. I just need to get some tires for them.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...axima/all4.jpg

BenStoked 05-04-2010 09:03 PM

15x9, and stock tires? herrafrush!

Matt93SE 05-04-2010 09:10 PM

Stop jumping through hoops and do some research. Those belong on a TRUCK, not a car. none. ever.. never.

Soon as I saw those wheels, I was thinking "what kind of bumf**k redneck is this?!".... then I saw you were from Georgia. :rotz:

Phatmatt 05-04-2010 09:15 PM

Good luck with that dude. :laugh:

richard_85zxt 05-04-2010 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Matt93SE (Post 7545234)
Stop jumping through hoops and do some research. Those belong on a TRUCK, not a car. none. ever.. never.

Soon as I saw those wheels, I was thinking "what kind of bumf**k redneck is this?!".... then I saw you were from Georgia. :rotz:

this made me laugh, thanks matt. Ok so I'm going to post some general info that should have been clear before even looking at those wheels, and a nifty little tool for wheel offsets.

This is how to determine offset, which just a general understanding of this would have told you NO WAY on those wheels.
http://www.thezenthusiast.com/images/offset2.gif
Fitting your factory size tires to those 9.5 inch wheels? input that info here to see what would happen

And the one I use all the time, if you know your current wheel offset and width, and a wheel you are considering use the same info, input it to this tool and it does the work for you, tells you how much further inward and/or outward the new wheel will go.

This one will even tell you how much your speedo will be off after changing wheels or even just tires.

If all that is still not enough to help you out, just turn those wheels around backwards to make them fit FWD offset and rock your super stretched tires and then.......:matt93se:

maximo018 05-05-2010 12:11 AM

LMAO!!! This mofo responses. lmao again! :laugh:

Greeny 05-05-2010 04:44 AM

If they were 6 lug i'd buy them from him :hide:

marke 05-05-2010 04:51 AM

^^ lol. Yeah, sell those things on craigslist. I'm sure there are plenty more rednecks in Georgia that would buy them on put them on a ford. Do like Cliff said and look for some newer maxima wheels, like mine and I got them pretty cheap. I saw some 300zx wheels on craigslist the other day painted black. Even though it would look like you're copying me, I'd rather see those black 300zx wheels on ur car than those truck wheels :gapteeth:

James92SE 05-05-2010 05:54 AM

In for pics of a wheel bolted onto the car. Regaress of the speculation that they most likely will be too wide/have goofy offset, it doesn't take but about 5 minutes to bolt it up and have look-see..

As far as rolling fenders.. I rolled my rear fenders out nearly a solid inch, so you never know..

BenStoked 05-05-2010 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by James92SE (Post 7545574)
In for pics of a wheel bolted onto the car. Regaress of the speculation that they most likely will be too wide/have goofy offset, it doesn't take but about 5 minutes to bolt it up and have look-see..

As far as rolling fenders.. I rolled my rear fenders out nearly a solid inch, so you never know..

agreed: if they can be fit in there, I think they would look damn good.
with properly sized tires, not stretched on stock size tires.

James92SE 05-05-2010 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by BenStoked (Post 7545621)
agreed: if they can be fit in there, I think they would look damn good.
with properly sized tires, not stretched on stock size tires.

They would look good. That sort of spoke design (sort of retro-esque lookig) wheel is pretty popular in in the Japanese street/custom "scene" (of course, they go much larger and with proper offset and whatnot), but still..

chrome91 05-05-2010 07:45 AM

that one guy though put XJ rims with truck rubber on his 4th gen and it cleared, if he hit a bad pothole he would have been fuked but with the proper rubber they might fit

Hatmanafro 05-05-2010 03:57 PM

damn alot of action goin here. so.. it was pretty hard to measure the tire width with the tire on the rim. i kinda eye balled it and idk. i got 9.5. today i broke the tires down and they are 15x7...
more acceptale. i put just the rim on when me and my friend rotated my tires at his house today and
:D fits great. still gonna mount the 205/65/15 on em.
my auto teacher is a lesbian cunt so she wont let me put my tires on until friday. but still. im pretty happy. i kinda wish they were a little wider now but im so glad they fit.
i did a lil put-on-and-see. lol. and i took sum pics

http://i42.tinypic.com/k9wg1l.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/90q2k1.jpg

Hatmanafro 05-05-2010 04:00 PM

haha. im not from here. i just live here

Hatmanafro 05-05-2010 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin (Post 7545075)
Just sell them on Craigslist and buy something that fits your car.

Usually, there are lots of options, just not some 15x9s off of a truck. haha

If you want black, you can find some stock wheels from a newer Max or something and paint them. I did that with some 2005 Maxima wheels I bought for $100. I just need to get some tires for them.

ohh i saw your thread a while back. they look good man.

Matt93SE 05-05-2010 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Hatmanafro (Post 7546531)
haha. im not from here. i just live here

If you try to mount those wheels on your car, I'm going to ensure you stay there. (cause that's where you belong, you REDNECK!!!)

Well, either the deep Souf or Messico....

:p

Hatmanafro 05-05-2010 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Matt93SE (Post 7546561)
If you try to mount those wheels on your car, I'm going to ensure you stay there. (cause that's where you belong, you REDNECK!!!)

Well, either the deep Souf or Messico....

:p

:bawling:
that hurts man..
hahha
im actually colombian. so a little further down then mexico

Hatmanafro 05-05-2010 04:24 PM

should the rims stay black or shuld i paint them white?

Greeny 05-05-2010 04:29 PM

:facepalm:

BenStoked 05-05-2010 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Greeny (Post 7546587)
:facepalm:

idk, if he gets the fenders rolled properly, it might look right.
or some bushwacker flares:laugh:

15x7, stock tires should fit okay-ish.

Hatmanafro 05-05-2010 04:37 PM

yeah. they'll be fine. and wtf is that face supposed to mean?

James92SE 05-05-2010 04:38 PM

Those stick out mighty far :eek: You'll have some problems up front I bet in terms of fender clearance and turning and whatnot. But that's just speculation.. Do it anyway

Anyway, why do you need to wait for your teacher? Run them up to a used tire shop.. They'll mount them for probably $5 a piece.

Hatmanafro 05-05-2010 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by James92SE (Post 7546593)
Those stick out mighty far :eek: You'll have some problems up front I bet in terms of fender clearance and turning and whatnot. But that's just speculation.. Do it anyway

Anyway, why do you need to wait for your teacher? Run them up to a used tire shop.. They'll mount them for probably $5 a piece.

ehh.. they might scrub a lil on the plastic cover on the belt side.. but thats no different then now.

yeah ill just wait. i can do it for free at my school. lol. $5 a piece is money i dont have. lol

Cliff Clavin 05-05-2010 05:22 PM

While you have the tires off, I would paint them. In order -- either black, dark gray or bronze. Definitely not white.

Since it looks like they have a bit of rust starting, I would sand them down really good, use primer, paint and clear coat. Don't just spray 3 cans of rustoleum on them as-is.

Hatmanafro 05-05-2010 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin (Post 7546641)
While you have the tires off, I would paint them. In order -- either black, dark gray or bronze. Definitely not white.

Since it looks like they have a bit of rust starting, I would sand them down really good, use primer, paint and clear coat. Don't just spray 3 cans of rustoleum on them as-is.

i was just thinking about cleaning them up a bit. im not worried about rust. what might have looked like rust might just have been that georgia red dirt. im just gonna hose em down and soap em up then put a bit of car polish and see what that does.

Gunther 05-05-2010 06:21 PM

That is going to look ridiculous, just so you know. 4x4 max anyone?

and if you're that strapped for cash, I wouldn't have bought those rims, or any mods.

just sayin

chrome91 05-05-2010 06:23 PM

IMO they will look good, i would paint them bronze since the car is white

Hatmanafro 05-05-2010 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Gunther (Post 7546757)
That is going to look ridiculous, just so you know. 4x4 max anyone?

and if you're that strapped for cash, I wouldn't have bought those rims, or any mods.

just sayin

different strokes for different folks.. :)

Hatmanafro 05-05-2010 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by chrome91 (Post 7546760)
IMO they will look good, i would paint them bronze since the car is white

i dont think i could visualize bronze

Hatmanafro 05-05-2010 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by BenStoked (Post 7545215)
15x9, and stock tires? herrafrush!

idk how i missed this reply. lol. but yes, thats the direction i wanna be headed in

chrome91 05-05-2010 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Hatmanafro (Post 7546811)
i dont think i could visualize bronze

they look good on white and blue cars

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/i...RGIIcarpic.jpg

and i dont know how to get "Hellaflush" (and most people here say i love JDM and Hellaflush but really, i hate 98% of all Hellaflush) but 3rd gens cant handle coilovers without major modification so i dont think you can get Hellaflush

Hatmanafro 05-05-2010 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by chrome91 (Post 7546839)
they look good on white and blue cars

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/i...RGIIcarpic.jpg

and i dont know how to get "Hellaflush" (and most people here say i love JDM and Hellaflush but really, i hate 98% of all Hellaflush) but 3rd gens cant handle coilovers without major modification so i dont think you can get Hellaflush

yeah idk. i dont think the style of the rim would look good bronze.. and its not like im gonna die if i cant get it hella flush. lol. i want it a little lowered and have the fitment take care of the rest. plus. im not triying to get hellaflush in one weekend. lol. later on when i got cash im gonna invest on doin that

marke 05-05-2010 07:22 PM

They don't stick out as far as I thought, but don't paint them white. Go with dark grey like Cliff's or stay black.