3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

reactions to UDP install.......

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 03:59 PM

reactions to UDP install.......

well, it definatly revs faster, but launching and revmatching and everything like that isnt much different than w/o it. its definatly faster too, mostly low to midrange like flyry110 said when he installed his. i'm a little disappointed in the topend improvement, but its still there though not nearly as much as low-mid. maybe its just me but the tone of my intake has changed also.

as for the install...
well it was interesting, got the wrong belt so that had to be returned, it was still pretty straightforeward except i wasnt expecting a bolt to pop off instead of the nut that holds the pulley on. also, the light-dimming i had from 6k-redline is gone so i'm assuming it was the belt that was causing the problems. the main seal was very simple also, all in all its a good mod (cant really say how much of a value it is, probably as good as an intake, maybe a little better..more noticeable right away, as i didn't pay for the pulley, just the belts)

just one more thing, i had a slight vibration at idle, after i installed the pulley and new belts, it was gone. this doesnt say that the pulley and belts made the difference as sometimes it goes away on its own.
Old 01-26-2002, 04:14 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Re: reactions to UDP install.......

Congratulations! Now, it's time to start thinking about your next mod.
Old 01-26-2002, 04:21 PM

Re: Re: reactions to UDP install.......

Originally posted by Aaron92SE
Congratulations! Now, it's time to start thinking about your next mod.
suspension!!!!!! its like i have no struts at all, its soo horrible. i splurged and bought new speakers today but thats ok because my friend bought my amp, and another friend is buying my old speakers..i havent decided which springs, but definatly KYB GR-2 struts...i'm leaning towards eibachs or suspension techniques..i just want the best compromise of performance and ride quality and a drop of no more than 2" and i dont want the saggy intrax look...any suggestions?
oh and my next power mod? TB coolant bypass (when i get time), full exhaust (ypipe, catback), new coils, ECU and maybe a 65 shot, but before that i need suspension, interior, paint touchup, tires for my 17"s and window regulators.