3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Turbo VG swapped stanza

Old 04-13-2019, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by DennisMik View Post
The finish line is getting closer. One thing I like is that you care about how the finished product looks. There are soooo many people out there that don't. Keep going!
im going to button up the cooling system, get the car back to being fully drive able, get it up to operating temp and set my fuel pressure and timing (i have a timing light that the bulb blew out of, im gonna try and fix it lol if i cant ill just buy a new one) then i will move on to tuning the car and possibly getting it legal and driving it on my days off to make sure everything is road worthy. if it needs some adjustments ill be posting about those in the future but im really excited to hear it run fully dialed in. im sure a set of headers will effect the way it sounds immensely lol
Old 04-20-2019, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Nate Boslet View Post
im going to button up the cooling system, get the car back to being fully drive able, get it up to operating temp and set my fuel pressure and timing (i have a timing light that the bulb blew out of, im gonna try and fix it lol if i cant ill just buy a new one) then i will move on to tuning the car and possibly getting it legal and driving it on my days off to make sure everything is road worthy. if it needs some adjustments ill be posting about those in the future but im really excited to hear it run fully dialed in. im sure a set of headers will effect the way it sounds immensely lol
Too bad. I had a set of heades but sold them early last year. OBX makes headers to fit the vg and pacesetter too ithink but I'm not sure if pacesetter still does but OBX should still.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by ac max 92 View Post
Too bad. I had a set of heades but sold them early last year. OBX makes headers to fit the vg and pacesetter too ithink but I'm not sure if pacesetter still does but OBX should still.
they wouldnt fit anyway because of the way i had to do the crossmember. thats why i had to flip and chop up the stock headers. if they were the same from front to back i could probably just modify the ypipe but im not sure they would clear anything else, the radiator and fans take up way too much space to really run tubular headers unless they are some kind of block huggers. im not sure how i will end up addressing it but i am also considering doing a set of log style manifolds for the turbo. i really would love some equal length tubular headers just for the sound but im not sure space will allow for them, i will barely have space for the downpipe lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.