Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) (https://maxima.org/forums/3rd-generation-maxima-1989-1994-8/)
-   -   Electrical issue - windows, locks, amp (https://maxima.org/forums/3rd-generation-maxima-1989-1994/702508-electrical-issue-windows-locks-amp.html)

skattrd 09-26-2018 11:20 PM

Electrical issue - windows, locks, amp

Hi, I have already posted in the noobs thread that I am after a wiring diagram for a J30 Maxima. I did a search and can find diagrams for speakers and other bits, but I'm looking for a full one if possible. Specifically, what comes off the 30amp fuse that controls the windows and what else it connects to. Also I want to find out where the amp is and what that connects to.

The electric windows and central locking don't work, which I have been lead to believe will be the control unit in the drivers door, but I'm sceptical. That might be the issue, but the stereo is also very quiet, so possibly the amp or whatever isn't getting power and maybe these things are linked?
Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look or should I just take the drivers door card off and see if the switch is getting power, if so then what?

DennisMik 09-27-2018 10:04 AM

Here is a link to the service manual - http://boredmder.com/FSMs/Nissan/Maxima/1994/

I think you want to look in section EL pages 8 & 9.

There is a section called "foldout" that has the full wiring diagram for both versions of the car.

The radio is not part of the windows and door locks. It has its own fuses and things.

CMax03 09-28-2018 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by skattrd (Post 9184135)
Hi, I have already posted in the noobs thread that I am after a wiring diagram for a J30 Maxima. I did a search and can find diagrams for speakers and other bits, but I'm looking for a full one if possible. Specifically, what comes off the 30amp fuse that controls the windows and what else it connects to. Also I want to find out where the amp is and what that connects to.

The electric windows and central locking don't work, which I have been lead to believe will be the control unit in the drivers door, but I'm sceptical. That might be the issue, but the stereo is also very quiet, so possibly the amp or whatever isn't getting power and maybe these things are linked?
Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look or should I just take the drivers door card off and see if the switch is getting power, if so then what?

You can apply 12 volts to all the window regulators motors to ensure that they actually work...reverse the wires on the motor for the opposite movement! If all your motors work but the control buttons at each location don't it's more than likely the master console at the driver's door! Check eBay they may have it as well as Rock auto....and if you search hard enough you might get lucky in our classifieds....

ac max 92 09-28-2018 12:07 PM

O.P. I have a master switch if your interested or need one pm me.

Msled 09-29-2018 07:57 AM

All windows do not work. checked relay with Power probe relay clicked every time change out relay still not working checked for power at passenger door at white and blue stripe wire zero power. changed out master control still not working. so I removed relay and installed jumper wire now all windows are working. Need new direction with this electrical problem this is a 2000 NISSAN Maxima GLE Brass bottom master control switch from junkyard tried two of them so far.

DennisMik 09-29-2018 12:09 PM

You are posting in the wrong forum. This forum is for 1989 to 1994 cars. You need to be in the 5th generation forum.

Things you have said don't make sense.
A) The master window switches you got from the junkyard - are they the same color as the original?
B) The relay you have replaced/jumpered - is that by the fuse panel in the dash?
C) When you checked for power on the white/red stripe wire, was the ignition switch on or off?
D) What is the original problem?

Msled1141 09-29-2018 06:54 PM

Thanks for letting me know that I am on the wrong forum.But to your questions;
A) Master window switches I got from Junkyard are the same color with the same Lettering (BA)
B) The relay is in the fuse panel in the dash (Blue in Color)
C) Checking for power on the white/blue stripe wire, the ignition switch was in the on position
D) All windows are not working checked relay with power probe I get clicking from it every time so nothing wrong with relay. checked for power at passenger door No power (00) change out Master control got two from Junkyard both did't work. So I removed relay an applied jumper wire now windows all working from all doors and Master control. Thanks again for the correction