3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Here's one for ya

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2002, 12:14 PM

Here's one for ya

I replaced my injectors 1 year & 4 months ago & around 8 months ago I had a new engine installed with my new injectors. A few days later I was driving over a speed bump & all the sudden my car started running like crap so I took it back to the shop. They said #1 injector is bad. Few days later I was under the hood & seen the harness wasnt all the way on #1 injector, took it back, they put the clip back on it & everything was fine. Few weeks later the #1 injector went bad again & the shop said it has no relation to harness not being properly reinstalled by them, all they said was maxima injectors suck. 2 more of my injectors just started running at around 30 ohms of resistance & the warrenty was up 4 months ago. So out of 6 new injectors 3 are bad already. Is this cause I didnt take care of the #1 injector when I shold have or did I get F%$#T by the shop or do our injectors really suck that bad? Could something be wrong with my car? I have the injectors from the new engine but the harrness is different, can I splice those in or what?
Old 06-30-2002, 07:42 PM

Re: Here's one for ya

Originally posted by 3RDGEN
I replaced my injectors 1 year & 4 months ago & around 8 months ago I had a new engine installed with my new injectors. A few days later I was driving over a speed bump & all the sudden my car started running like crap so I took it back to the shop. They said #1 injector is bad. Few days later I was under the hood & seen the harness wasnt all the way on #1 injector, took it back, they put the clip back on it & everything was fine. Few weeks later the #1 injector went bad again & the shop said it has no relation to harness not being properly reinstalled by them, all they said was maxima injectors suck. 2 more of my injectors just started running at around 30 ohms of resistance & the warrenty was up 4 months ago. So out of 6 new injectors 3 are bad already. Is this cause I didnt take care of the #1 injector when I shold have or did I get F%$#T by the shop or do our injectors really suck that bad? Could something be wrong with my car? I have the injectors from the new engine but the harrness is different, can I splice those in or what?
I had the same type of problem on my 92 SE. I found out the hard way. I didn't grease up the injector o-rings. The o-rings would blow after a couple of miles. Good luck!!