Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   4th Generation Classifieds (1995-1999) (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-classifieds-1995-1999-43/)
-   -   Dual lens retrofit for sale: 4th gens (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-classifieds-1995-1999/322695-dual-lens-retrofit-sale-4th-gens.html)

maxgtr2000 09-22-2005 11:38 PM

Dual lens retrofit for sale: 4th gens

Click on pic to enlarge:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...h_P1011151.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...h_P1011126.jpghttp://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...th_pics053.jpg

Anyone looking to upgrade to true HID I am doing retrofits using 97-99 headlights, cefiros, r34s and almost any headlight!! Chrome bezels are optional. I can also use halogen projectors if you are not wanting to convert to HID yet.

If you have projectors such as e55, e39, e46, TL, tsx,etc, or halogen projectors I can retro those in as well! :doublethu p.m me for any questions.

Upgrades harness w/ relay included in price. The harness comes with relay(s) and main 30 amp fuse.

R34 Single xenon projector retros are $150 shipped
P.M me about a quote for dual projectors in r34s.
Single bixenon projector retros in stock style headlights or cefiros are $150 shipped (TL and FX-R projector is +$20 extra)
Simple chrome bezels are $20 extra per pair.

If you have a 9004 hid kit you will need to get "igniter adaters" from ebay, it will allow you to use d2s style bulbs that are needed for projectors. You will also have to get your own d2s bulbs.

If you need help with sourcing parts just p.m me and I can help you find what you need. Payment is required before shipment NOT before I finish your retrofit. Waiting to send the payment keeps me motivated so I finish quicker, it also gives you another week or 2 to get the funds ready.
Please get a spare set of headlights, rushing me will not help the quality of the retrofit, it takes time. If you need your lights for inspection, do your inspection first!!!!

I only need 1 pair of headlights, bezels (if you have them) and 1 pair of projectors to do the retrofit, ONLY those, thanks!!

Edit: You may need to do minor aiming adjustments with the stock headlight aimers. Always check your aim after installing new headlights.
You will need a ratchet with a 8mm socket for adjustment. Please see the link. http://faqlight.carpassion.info/headlamp-faq.htm

Please contact me first with any issues so we can get them resolved, most of the time they are simple fixes. If you don't know how to wire an amp, you will have problems with the wiring harness. You must purchase a test light if you don't have one. P.m/email me with any installation problems/questions.

86maxima96 09-22-2005 11:57 PM

looks nice. what are you charging?

MIXMAX 09-22-2005 11:57 PM

how much????

maxgtr2000 09-23-2005 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by 86maxima96
looks nice. what are you charging?

Prices vary depending on what you want. If you send me the parts (light, projectors and bezels) the price with everything else shipped is $150 with angel eyes. The cost of material can get high pretty quick, most people just order the parts on hidplanet and have them shipped directly to me. You will also need to get a set of 97-99 headlights (usually on eBay for about $150 shipped) unless you have another car you can drive for about a week. Go to hidplanet.com and look at the oem projector ballast combo to get an idea of what you will need to order. You may also be able to get good deals on used parts in the for sale thread on hidplanet.com/forums.

jaemax 09-23-2005 05:28 AM

can you show them with the lights on?? I am only able to see the last pic. Thanks..
or send them to jbarbosa@frpusa.com.

Jae

96blackmaxSE 09-23-2005 08:14 AM

can you do a dual hid retrofit in my smoked cefiros?

laylow1988 09-23-2005 10:24 AM

i am very interested in this but a newbie to the sport of angel eyes and hids. i would need some help from you. can you list the parts i would need to send to you and once i order them i can send them to you... :shiner:

maxgtr2000 09-23-2005 01:37 PM

I can do cefiros.

loco 09-23-2005 02:23 PM

retro

it is posible for you to call me I like to know the price with everything include my nunber is 240 3044935 my e-mail rubenhf_79@hotmail.com I can send the money palpal

maxgtr2000 10-03-2005 09:10 AM

People should be jumping on these...stock 97-99 headlights for sale

4DRSpeed 10-03-2005 09:30 AM

Sometime in November hopefully I can get you to do retrofit for my Cefiros!

Magikone69 10-03-2005 12:02 PM

will you be doing this in the future, i def may be interested when i get my car done at the body shop, while its there, ill let you do the lights. any pics on a car?

arrrghhh 10-03-2005 01:06 PM

dude, i have been HOPING that someone would do this. i really, REALLY want angel eyes in my '96 headlights. i don't drive the car much, so it wouldn't be that big of a deal to have it out of commission for a couple of weeks. anyways, what do i need to send you? i'm not exactly sure what you need or what your charge. i'd like angel eyes, i have a '96... uhm what else do you need to know? i use aim/messenger and have an email on here which is probably the best way to get a hold of me... i don't really look for PM's much! thanks!

BRUNOJLB 10-03-2005 07:36 PM

IF im going to send u a set of headlights, plus a set of projectors to put in these headlights, ( i just wanna do halogen not HID) which ones work best from HIDPlanet, please send me a link so i can get an idea of price

JohnBognet@gmail.com

Iron Scimitar 10-04-2005 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by BRUNOJLB
IF im going to send u a set of headlights, plus a set of projectors to put in these headlights, ( i just wanna do halogen not HID) which ones work best from HIDPlanet, please send me a link so i can get an idea of price

JohnBognet@gmail.com

The e46 projectors work well. I recommend using TSX projectors, but its up to Maxgtr.

Ladzio 10-04-2005 07:41 PM

150 is a great price for the amount of work involved.

wariow 10-04-2005 08:04 PM

agreed 150 is an awesome price.What about hte wiring and what about if the projectors are bixenons, will you include the wiring as well?

TurTLe* 10-04-2005 08:14 PM

yea i was wondering about that. I can do the actual putting the projector into the headlights and what not but the wiring is where i'm lost.

Iron Scimitar 10-05-2005 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by TurTLe*
yea i was wondering about that. I can do the actual putting the projector into the headlights and what not but the wiring is where i'm lost.

:sprint:

wiring sux.

TNmax24 10-05-2005 04:15 AM

These are bad a$$ lights i've seen them. They are so freakin bright! These are a must have.

Iron Scimitar 10-05-2005 07:12 AM

lets see some orders!!

maxgtr2000 10-05-2005 07:36 AM

Thanks for the bumps guys, trying to make this attractive with the low price, HID material can get expensive pretty quick. I'll have to study on the bixenon wiring. Isn't it just a "hot" and a ground for the solenoid? If that's the case I just have to connect the "hot" to the highbeam wire off the car and the ground.

massfastmax 10-05-2005 08:54 AM

i need to see if i can get a second set of cefiro headlights if i can i will def have you do this

Momaxima 10-05-2005 11:19 PM

Those look sick man, I want them. gonna look around ebay for some headlights. When i do go through with this, do I need to do any wiring myself after I get the souped up headlights back? I'm going from stock headlights to HIDs. Bump

wariow 10-06-2005 04:20 AM

Bi Xenon wiring is a whole different animal for us maxima owners. Since our bulbs are 9004/9007, our low beams shut off when using high beam so we'll need diodes to keep the power to the low beam when activating the bixenon flap. I suggest just keep it simple and keep it to single xenon. There are different wiring applications for different types of bixenon projectors

Originally Posted by maxgtr2000
Thanks for the bumps guys, trying to make this attractive with the low price, HID material can get expensive pretty quick. I'll have to study on the bixenon wiring. Isn't it just a "hot" and a ground for the solenoid? If that's the case I just have to connect the "hot" to the highbeam wire off the car and the ground.

i30dvr 10-06-2005 04:50 AM

I have a question. I have a 99 I30 and i want to do this mod but if i get this done by you will the headlight assembly plug into the stock wire harness or do i need to change it. Also you might have already said this but what is the turn around time? Very interested, Thanks

maxgtr2000 10-06-2005 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by i30dvr
I have a question. I have a 99 I30 and i want to do this mod but if i get this done by you will the headlight assembly plug into the stock wire harness or do i need to change it. Also you might have already said this but what is the turn around time? Very interested, Thanks

Turn around time is about a week and a half excluding shipping time. I do basic aiming to make sure the projector is aligned and that the cut off is level and that takes a little time. I don't do anything to where you would need to change a socket, you basically splice the wires in, that's what I did on mine, or you can get a used headlight bulb and modify it as the plug in from the hid wiring harness. Which won't be a problem if you send me a bulb you don't need. It's waaay cleaner that way. :chuckle:

As far as the flipping on of high beams, I simply put a diode going from the highbeam wire and connected it to the low beam wire that way both wires stay powered and I haven't had any problems, if it does flicker, my eye is not fast enough to catch it.

Ladzio 10-06-2005 05:29 PM

Would you sell 2 angel eyes to me? How much to 06906?

Vlad

arrrghhh 10-06-2005 09:15 PM

hey bro, didn't mean to bug you. i just wanted to confirm that you actually got my headlights ok, thanks!

Ladzio 10-07-2005 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ladzio
Would you sell 2 angel eyes to me? How much to 06906?

Vlad

Oh, I misread your post. I thought you are producing angel eyes youself.

maxgtr2000 10-07-2005 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by arrrghhh
hey bro, didn't mean to bug you. i just wanted to confirm that you actually got my headlights ok, thanks!

I changed my post so we are all on the same page. I will be using the 97-99 headlights only with the clear lens for retrofits not 95-99. I donated a set of lens for arrrghhh's lights. BTW to all you 95-96ers out there, you may gain 5 hp after you remove them heavy glass headlights!!! Man them things are heavy.:bustrun: :bonk:

arrrghhh 10-07-2005 04:13 PM

lol, gaining hp from removing weight... anyways, so the '97 lenses fit on my '96 lamps? btw, thanks for that donation... i'll be the envy of all my friends!

maxgtr2000 10-08-2005 06:13 AM

Anyone interested please keep reviewing post#1, as it gets updated as I receive new info. Like this: "you CAN use your existing HID-Kit to power your Retro-Fitted HID Projector Headlamps, as long as you get (or alter your existing Ignitor) an Ignitor that terminates with a standard "P32d" connector that will then connect up to the standard "D2S" HID bulb/burner." They can be found on eBay here . Seller named cebthk.

arrrghhh 10-08-2005 09:01 AM

wait.... do i have to buy those angel eyes on ebay now too? and if i get a kit, will i need those D2S bulbs in addition to the 9007's you told me to get?

EZEMaxima 10-08-2005 07:41 PM

i really like the look but if it's light output is more worst than stock then i don't want it. Can you gaurantee the quality of the light out put and how do you make sure that the light output is correct and straight after the modification ( i don't mind doing slight adjustments but if it's way off then....) Can you email me the cost for everything ...dual lights (halogen) with angel eyes in the blacked out for materials (stock headlights, halogen lights and angel eyes) and labor plus shipping to Lahaina, Hawaii 96761?

Email it to me at EZEMaxima@yahoo.com

Thanks Eric

1NICEMAX 10-09-2005 01:50 PM

it is impossible for the light output to be worse than our stocks

can anyone tell me the difference between e55, e39, e46, tsx projectors?
and which cars they are from besides the tsx.

arrrghhh 10-09-2005 05:32 PM

well all those e# ones are from BMW. every last one. bimmer. pretty much any HID OEM setup you can snag the ballasts and bulbs from. i'm thinkin about doin that from a junkyard and putting them in this setup that i'm about to get. OEM setups are the most versatile, they accept both D2R and D2S, etc.

arrrghhh 10-09-2005 05:39 PM

oh yea, and if you're getting this projector setup, go all out, get HIDs! don't go halogen. there is no way in fargin hell that the light output could be worse than stock, especially if you go w/HIDs. you will be amazed by the light output, i guarantee that. as far as aiming, if you send the entire lamp setup, w/the housing (w/the long aiming screws) it will make his life a lot easier. he will pre-aim them, and if they're not exactly on they should be close enough for just slight adjustments. if you send him the projectors and a set of headlamps, $130 includes everything (shipping, labor, materials). it was $150 before, w/his own custom made angel eyes, but i just bought a set on ebay for $40 shipped and he's gonna use those. they're way brighter, and hopefully won't fail like an LED can :P anyways, like i said. go HID or go home.

maxgtr2000 10-09-2005 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by 1NICEMAX
it is impossible for the light output to be worse than our stocks

can anyone tell me the difference between e55, e39, e46, tsx projectors?
and which cars they are from besides the tsx.

Anyone considering this MUST read all the stickies AND posts in the hiduniversity section at hidplanet.com/forums!!!

I have also created a new thread to show what your max and light pattern may look like In this thread here.

rfried4_98 10-21-2005 05:22 PM

This is pretty cool. If you make some and sell them completed on ebay, you should be able to sell them for around $400 on ebay with no problem. So far no one has done that.