4th Generation Classifieds (1995-1999) The highly sought after variable intake may be a click away.

........................Consult Blazt ECU interface w/datascan..serial and usb

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 09:40 PM

........................Consult Blazt ECU interface w/datascan..serial and usb

Would you like to see what the exact water temperature is instead of a needle pointing between "C" and "H"? Want to see the injector duty cycle at varying RPM's and graph it all? How about the ability to see if that ticking noise is the lifters or the VVT springs? This cable lets you see all the data that the ecu (car computer) sees and does many diagnostic tests as well!

This is an affordable, highly developed serial or usb ECU Interface Cable for your Nissan's Consult port. Blazt is not an ebay "exposed circuit board" with serial connectors only and no registered programs to actually use the cable! It comes with the latest Nissan DataScan software (lifetime registration with support), which lets you see real time ECU(engine computer) data displayed on your computer.

The new version of datascan has basic datalogging so the price is $159 shipped in the us for USB+datascan software, $132 shipped in the US for serial cables + datascan software, paypal fees included. I will also price match any other brand name consult cable. I am an official distributor and you will get your cable in a few days!

It can be used for a wide range of problem solving as well as monitoring engine sensors, datalogging, performance, and upgrades. This is a commercial grade, high quality product, not the home hobbyists, made in the garage version. There is no box along the cable, for added reliability and a clean look, all the electronics are built into the plugs. The time it will save you when working on your car is well worth it and is cheaper than taking it once to a dealer. Compare to other ecu interfaces, blazt is a great value.

Some of the functions include 0-60 speed trials, setting the TPS "the easy way", doing a power balance test the easy way, changing engine temp, shutting off the fuel pump, aac valve manipulation, A/F mixture adjustment, ecu fault code read/clear, ecu self learn clear, active tests such as the power balance test, ignition timing change, injector cycles, datalogging, and more. Tested cars other than the z32 are: 240sx/silvia, 93 Altima (KA24DE), A32 Maxima, 94 Sentra B13 (GA16DE), 93-97 INFINITI J30 (VG30DE), 91-97 INFINITI Q45 (VH45DE), Sentra B13 SE-R(SR20DE), other nissans may work, inquire for further details.

For more information, feel free to contact me at: whats x the x good x word x at x hotmail x dot x com . Please note that this is anti spam: remove the spaces, and all x's to make sure I get the mail and can answer any questions, thanks

Old 09-05-2007, 07:14 AM
Boosted Panda

So this device not only allows you to monitor the various conditions but also allows you to tweak certain parameters? ie: AFR/ & timing?
Also, if the settings can be changed are they permanetly set?
Old 09-05-2007, 07:40 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by whatsthegoodwor
How about the ability to see if that ticking noise is the lifters or the VVT springs?
A32’s do not have VVT.

The new version of datascan has basic datalogging so the price is $159 shipped in the us for USB+datascan software, $132 shipped in the US for serial cables + datascan software, paypal fees included.
If this is the A32 Cipher equivalent, that’s a good price. But we shall remember the A32 ECU isn’t as fast as some of us would like. With that said, what is the data feed rate?

A/F mixture adjustment, …………..ignition timing change…
Explain this in detail.

For more information, feel free to contact me at: whats x the x good x word x at x hotmail x dot x com . Please note that this is anti spam: remove the spaces, and all x's to make sure I get the mail and can answer any questions, thanks
I’m sure most if not all of us would like this discussion to take place right here vs private email.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:09 AM
Bacon Lover

I am interested in this as well, pending it can actually make changes to timing and details like Nmex asked. If it can change timing, great, but is it permanent? i.e. if we disconnect the software, shut off the car, and turn it back on will the settings be retained or will the software need to be run every time the car is started?
Old 09-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Bacon Lover

From what I've done searches on, this guy posts this same crap on every Nissan forum. If you look at those forums and the website (blazt.biz), it appears to be OBDI software for the most part. Although it goes through the Consult port rather than the OBD port, I get the impression that settings can't be retained and that it's more for you to hook up a laptop or something and do datalogging that way, rather than tune and retain settings.

Let's see if he actually responds here, but I doubt it. We will likely have to email to get answers.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Boosted Panda

I found some more info about it, and its kind of vague about the adjustment features. This is what it states:

Adjust base settings while driving: GRundeinstellungen während der Fahrt:
* timing
* change engine temp
* AAC valve
* IACV valve
* air/fuel mixture
* turn variable cam timing on/off
* turn fuel pump on/off
* turn cylinder spark on/off * Zündzeitpunkt
* Motortemperatur
* AAC Ventil
* IACV Ventil
* Luft/Benzin Gemisch
* Variable Ventilzeiten Ein/Aus
* Benzinpumpe Ein/Aus
* Zündung einzelner Zylinder Ein/Aus
The while driving part leads me to belive the settings are NOT permanent. Its a cool device to do data logging but without the ability to tune is a waste to me.

http://www.blazt.biz/products/datascan.php
Old 09-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
The while driving part leads me to belive the settings are NOT permanent.

I'm emailing him right now.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I've had this for over a year now. Base A/F and timing adjustment was grayed out on mine. I think on their website it says it only works on the 300ZX. The other stuff works though (all the meters, O2 readings, temperature, RPM, datalogging, speed trials). I primarily used it for pulling/erasing CEL codes since OBDII readers cost $75+, might as well get one of these for a few bucks more.

It doesn't matter if you have OBDI or II. It plugs into the Nissan CONSULT diagnostic port. Any 90's era Nissan should have it under the driver side dash.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Bacon Lover

Ugh. Great. So another worthless spam ad and disappointment for us.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
I found some more info about it, and its kind of vague about the adjustment features. This is what it states:

The while driving part leads me to belive the settings are NOT permanent. Its a cool device to do data logging but without the ability to tune is a waste to me.

http://www.blazt.biz/products/datascan.php

For a second, this seemed like an inexpensive alternative to the Jim Wolf Technologies upgrade. Seems like a waste of time to me, unless the seller responds with some in-depth insight specified to the A32 OBDII system. We shall see.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:32 AM

Well I just posted the ad earlier today, give me a sec! I've sold one here, but I haven't been here in a while because someone called me to meet them to give a demonstration but never showed up. I am a regular member on the site www.twinturbo.net, if you sign up there to ask or search for my user name "whats the good word (one word), then you will see that many people have bought from me. The VTC on/off and fuel and timing map real time trace is mostly for the 300zx but other models can use it too. I don't think the real time map trace works on the maxima though.

Gauges have a peak hold function and can datalog and play it back later. I am not a maxima guy, but for people with 300zx's, many of them are on 99% or 100+ fuel injector duty cycle and don't even know it....*BOOM*. By datalogging a few runs on the street (drive safe ), you can see exactly what your engine is doing, and since the gauges move very fast, it has a peak hold function that lets you see any spikes. Here is a movie of the gauges in action, sorry for the jumpiness, it's from the capture software, not the gauges.

www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/highway_.avi (right click and save would be easier)

It connects to the consult port. It will work on any car that uses the grey consult port. It will also work on the a32 maxima, even the obd2 models, as long as it has a grey consult port. If you have an infiniti q45 , j30, 240sx, 240sx with skyline or rb20 engine, it will work on any of these as long as you have a grey consult port under the dash.

Settings such as ignition advance, fuel lean or rich, will not stay once you unplug the cable. The advantage of this is that you can go to a dyno and see immediately without teaking under the hood, what a +1 timing advance will do for power. Once you are satisfied, go under the hood and change it manually. It is not a substitue for an AFC since it cannot tweak by RPM. This way, you can't mess up your car.

There are a lot of neat tricks you can do, such as a power balance test to isolate problems to a cylinder, seeing the tps voltage so that you don't have to get a multimeter and pins to stick in the wire to set the TPS, you can shut off the fuel pump to relieve any pressure if you need to change the fuel filter or lines, etc.. Like someone posted, it costs only a little more than a scanner but does a lot more.

9600 baud comms.

I am an official distributor for these cables and if you set up a group buy, I can give a group discount. Prices also include lifetime registration to datascan consult software and lifetime product support.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:16 PM

Also, it can read the ecu rom data. If you have any use for reading the rom data, this can download it. Can't write it, but can read it.

More info, the fuel and timing map real time trace only works for the rb25, r32 rb26, sr20, rb20, and vg30.

A bonus feature of the serial cable is that it can work with a serial sync cable and connect to a compatible PDA. Here are some pics of engine gauges on a PDA. This way, you can see water temp instead of "c and H', fuel injector, engine rpm, etc.,

Mine also has mp3s on it and TomTom gps navigation loaded on the PDA. (pocket pc only, no palms, ask for a long list of compatible pdas)

Old 09-05-2007, 09:16 PM
dot dot dot ...

Looking at the price, it's not bad for datalogging/reading peak hold/etc. IMO, worth it if you're a data head.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:10 AM

Thanks. While it's not a full featured chip burner and AFC, it's still a good value and useful for many people.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:40 AM

Would you like to see what the exact water temperature is instead of a needle pointing between "C" and "H"? Want to see the injector duty cycle at varying RPM's and graph it all? How about the ability to see if that ticking noise is the lifters or the VVT springs? This cable lets you see all the data that the ecu (car computer) sees and does many diagnostic tests as well!

This is an affordable, highly developed serial or usb ECU Interface Cable for your Nissan's Consult port. Blazt is not an ebay "exposed circuit board" with serial connectors only and no registered programs to actually use the cable! It comes with the latest Nissan DataScan software (lifetime registration with support), which lets you see real time ECU(engine computer) data displayed on your computer.

The new version of datascan has basic datalogging so the price is $159 shipped in the us for USB+datascan software, $132 shipped in the US for serial cables + datascan software, paypal fees included. I will also price match any other brand name consult cable. I am an official distributor and you will get your cable in a few days!

It can be used for a wide range of problem solving as well as monitoring engine sensors, datalogging, performance, and upgrades. This is a commercial grade, high quality product, not the home hobbyists, made in the garage version. There is no box along the cable, for added reliability and a clean look, all the electronics are built into the plugs. The time it will save you when working on your car is well worth it and is cheaper than taking it once to a dealer. Compare to other ecu interfaces, blazt is a great value.

Some of the functions include 0-60 speed trials, setting the TPS "the easy way", doing a power balance test the easy way, changing engine temp, shutting off the fuel pump, aac valve manipulation, A/F mixture adjustment, ecu fault code read/clear, ecu self learn clear, active tests such as the power balance test, ignition timing change, injector cycles, datalogging, and more. Tested cars other than the z32 are: 240sx/silvia, 93 Altima (KA24DE), A32 Maxima, 94 Sentra B13 (GA16DE), 93-97 INFINITI J30 (VG30DE), 91-97 INFINITI Q45 (VH45DE), Sentra B13 SE-R(SR20DE), other nissans may work, inquire for further details.

I know this is an old, old thread, but is this still available?
Old 12-18-2018, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Tony Two-Tone
I know this is an old, old thread, but is this still available?

Try emailing him
Old 12-18-2018, 10:29 AM
Got Retrofit?

It's still available. I have NDS1 on my laptop. I use a PLMS cable though..

http://www.nissandatascan.com/
Old 12-25-2018, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Fakie J Farkerton

Try emailing him
Will try that. Thanks!
Originally Posted by ChrisMan287
It's still available. I have NDS1 on my laptop. I use a PLMS cable though..

http://www.nissandatascan.com/
Excellent! Thank you! Unfortunately the BT Consult interface is backorder from www.obdinnovations.com

Old 12-25-2018, 06:00 PM

Here you go. On special sale at ConceptZPerformance. Get a USB to micro-usb converter and run NDS1 on an Android. or use the laptop version and run a power balance diagnostic test.
Old 12-25-2018, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by CS_AR
Here you go. On special sale at ConceptZPerformance. Get a USB to micro-usb converter and run NDS1 on an Android. or use the laptop version and run a power balance diagnostic test.
Thanks!