4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

First time at the Track, The Outcome. The Story (long)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2002, 11:27 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

First time at the Track, The Outcome. The Story (long)

Ok, So here I am taking a trip. Me, my Brother, His Girl, and his friend are heading down to Cesil, Maryland. To the Cesil Tracks (My First time Ever). Im sittin in the bleachers with my brothers girl while my bro was chillin wit his friend while his friend was ready to race his 4 Wheeler. So Im checkin out the cars and stuff and they had a lot of Hondas racin the Tracks. Lots of Mustangs to. Seen 1 2k Maxima up there run the tracks. So Im sittin there for 1 hour and im like man, If I dont get a run in im gonna regret it tonight. It took me an Hour to get here and I at least wanna run this track once. So I tell my brother about it and he gets in the car. We drive over to the ticket booth and pay an extra 2$ to get a race in. (This is my first time every racing my car on a track, I have no clue of what im doing as of that point)My Brothers in the car tellin me,"Nick, Listen to me man"......and Im like ok what? "Let me explain to you exactly what you gotta do!"

So im sittin in the car behind all these Honda Civics and Hatchbacks waiting in line to get a run in, and my brothers over here tellin me " Now when them 3 Yellow Lights drop, You have to and MUST Floor it right when that 3rd Yellow light is about to go out and the green one comes on. Its gonna happen fast so keep your eye on the 3rd Yellow light. Right when it comes on for that split second, I want you to floor that da*n car! (And at that point I actually find my self shaking in a way, as if Im very Nervous, and yes I was really Nervous knowing there had to be about 500 ppl at the track. So Im tellin him, ok man im gonna do this now. And hes tellin me "Alright bro, Good luck and remember.......Dont be SCARED!" And me im shakin all over man, I never did this before in my life but I dont know why i was so nervious lol! So Finally im goin up to the line and i drift up so that second light comes on tellin me im ready and all of a sudden a 5.0 Mustang pulls up next to me with some 40 Year old dude in it with a Helmet on. Im Like OH BOY, IM READY TO HAVE MY A$$ HANDED TO ME! lol. But I wasnt really here for competition, i was here to get a time slip.

So I roll the windows up and im sittin there as were both lined up, and im looking at the light shaking like crazy! So it drops, 1, 2, 3, GREEN and For some reason Im still sittin there........And that mustang took off, so right when it actually hit the Green Light I went, I was a WHOLE SECOND OFF on the Reaction Time for Being Nervous! So there I am Flooring it, and im like man I really blew my first time doing this cause I took off a Second Late and that mustang was already like 5 Car Lenghts in front of me, and im feeling that my car (Auto, INtake, Exhaust) is gettin no where intill i hit 2nd then Im Flying, and I fly past the Time Post. And Im drivin around and he hands me the slip. And my brother comes up to me when i pull up to him and goes, MAN WHAT DID YOU DO? YOU GOT A DAMN 16.8!!! IM LIKE WTF! I WAS NERVIOUS MAN. He started laughing and said dont worry man, when i first did it I almost ****ed my pants LOL. So I walked away a bit sad but it was my first time, so I didnt expect Low Numbers. But My Feening for it has become Erelavent. I wanna head back up there Next Friday and This time. The Only thing shaking is gonna be them Dam Honda Boys sittin around on the track.

NOTE: (I didnt feel so bad when he told me that the Honda Hatchback behind me, all modded up, hit High 17's)

My First actual 1/4 Mile Race!
Old 07-17-2002, 08:16 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yeah I was pretty nervous my first time out at the track too. But reaction time does not count towards your final 1/4 mile time. You could try some different techniques for launching and shifting. Your 16.8 seems kinda' high. My very first run ever was a 15.7 and then my second run ever was a 15.2 and then 15.1 the next time around... only gets better man. Good luck!
Old 07-17-2002, 10:07 AM

How old are u? You did not represent the Maxima family well>
Old 07-17-2002, 10:11 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

An honest post about speed

For a second I thought you were going to tell us you were in the 13's your first time at the track.......
Old 07-17-2002, 10:22 AM

Re: An honest post about speed

Originally posted by dlicari
For a second I thought you were going to tell us you were in the 13's your first time at the track.......

, yeah, nothin is better than the suspence. Those couple couple seconds from when the webpage is being opened- priceless. Yet on the other hand, i got 13's on my first night at the track...

i wish...