4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I Just Got Screwed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 11:58 PM
apocnmbr1

I Just Got Screwed!!!

I was on the way to my grandparents house last night when a 01 GTI Turbo pulls up to me. Well, i decided to give it a shot even though you could hear his blow-off valve a mile away! I pushed it a little and so did he and finally we both go at it. We were even till 60 than he slowly pulled away. So as im pulling up to him again i was about to tell him how good a race it was then outta no where the dreaded RED & BLUE fly outta no where. The cops pull right behind both of us and decided to pull both of us over. To make a long story short he ended up giving me a SPEED CONTEST violation, which some know is a MISDEMEANOR! So now im just gonna get screwed for insurance and for this gay *** ticked and i will probably end up loosing my license beacuse i already have 2 points on my record. Guess no more mods for me for a while.

BTW..He had intake, exhaust, Blow-off valve and a boost controller.

Old 08-16-2002, 12:12 AM
My other car is a Hybrid

Ouch...
Old 08-16-2002, 12:15 AM
Custom User Title...

no offense but...you screwed yourself. sorry to hear about that though, sux bigtime but it's part of the game if you're not careful.
Old 08-16-2002, 12:19 AM
apocnmbr1

Oh, I forgot to say.....and on top of that, the as$hole cop decides to record what i was saying...when he gave me the ticket to sign he pulls out this little digatal recorder and smiles at me....CAN HE EVEN DO THAT??? I thought there was a law that said he can't record what i say without me knowing???? Should i fight this?? Any i deas as to what my excuse could be??? Maybe, " This guy was following me so i decided to go faster....so did he, so i was afraid or something and i thought he was chasing me"...i dunno....Any ideas would be very helpful cause i really cant afford this ticket...Im a full-time student with no job and pretty much not a dime to my name....Hope he doesnt shop up to court when my I have my hearing!!!

Old 08-16-2002, 01:14 AM

So now im just gonna get screwed for insurance and for this gay *** ticked and i will probably end up loosing my license beacuse i already have 2 points on my record.

Well hey. We all grow up sometime. I did and I had my licence taken off me not once, not twice but three times before I did. Ask chcmax, we were racing the first time and he lost his as well. At the end of the day very few people like cops and theres laws for driving to protect people just like theres laws to protect ourselves from people. If you broke a law, face up to it and pay the consequences like a real man. I have learned from my numerous experiences that exscuses in life rarely get you anywhere.
Any ideas would be very helpful cause i really cant afford this ticket...
If you get a fine, or lose your licence, so be it. Don't try to make a story because a judge will have seen it thousands of times before and isn't interested in giving you the time of day. Get a job and tell them what you could afford to pay in instalments and you will find yourself better off.
Old 08-16-2002, 01:45 AM
apocnmbr1

Taking 18 units a semester makes it almost impossible to have a job.....plus ive been in this situation b4 and i dont wanna go throught it again.

Old 08-16-2002, 02:05 AM

Originally posted by apocnmbr1
Taking 18 units a semester makes it almost impossible to have a job.....plus ive been in this situation b4 and i dont wanna go throught it again.
Well it seems you are a bit like I was a few years ago. It will hit you one day and you will learn but till ten just take it in your stride and work through it. You've obviously been through court before, so you should know how to work the system. In the grand scheme of life this is a blip and you will look back one day and probably be saying what Im telling you to your kids.

Sometimes it helps to look at it from another angle. The persons mother who you might have run down when they walked out in front of you probably wouldn't let you off because "youve been through it before and dont want to go through it again". Likewise somebody who kills a man. If they had done it before, you wouldn't want them to get away because they don't want to go through it again. Laws are laws no matter if we like them or not, and when you break them, you are punished

I don't mean to be rude or offend you at all, but it seems you have dug youself a bit of a hole and are complaining because you didn't know when to stop digging. Talk to chchmax and he ill tell you the same I imagine.

Anyway have a good night
NZ Max
Old 08-16-2002, 04:00 AM

Sorry to hear that dude, I had a similar situation late last year... my buddy and I were leaving our company's Christmas party and stopped at a light we decided to give it a go. He has a '97 Z28, so he just wasted me. We get to the next light and he's revving again! He goes "I'll give you a few car-lengths!"... so we went again and he caught up by the time I shifted into 2nd gear... hehe.

Anyways, there was a cop sitting off on the side of the highway that saw us do it the first time and followed and stopped us immediately after the second run. The crappy part was I never even shifted into 3rd either time, and never broke 60 (the speed limit on that highway). He still gave us both "speed contest". It was 1 am 20 miles outside of Austin, no other cars, no bikes, no people... just a bastard cop. Luckily here in Texas you can take defensive driver training and get it dismissed... there are no points.

Oh yeah, as far as the cop recording you... yes he can record everything you do without your permission if it helps him prove his case against you. Have you ever seen "Cops" or any of those "Scariest police chases"? They record people all the time.

You really don't have a chance, just try to look nice and act apologetically at the court date and hope the judge goes easy on you.
Old 08-16-2002, 05:10 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

That was not a ghey ticket. You got what you had coming.