4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 07:45 AM

What should I do?

I recently got a custom B-pipe made, it was 2.25" because they said larger wouldn't help me out. I wanted the Apexi WS, but wanted to save money as well. My thought is to add a 5th gen muffler to this setup. However, now I'm thinking maybe Apexi is the way to go. I don't mind a little more noise. I have WSP Y and RT Cat already, so I'm aware of the noise factor. As long as there's not horrible drone, I'm happy. Any advice? I want optimum flow, power, and reliability, without an insane amount of noise, though I definitely don't want a total stock sound. Should I get the Apexi and get it over with? Or will the 5th gen with my current set-up do it for me?
Old 08-16-2002, 08:45 AM

Try the apexia WS and give us your feedback!

I'm thinking very hard between a 2k muffler and a WS myself too.
Used to have a straight through 2.5" catback,, the droning was driving me mad.. damn bstards...
Old 08-16-2002, 08:54 AM

Originally posted by hokiemax
Try the apexia WS and give us your feedback!

I'm thinking very hard between a 2k muffler and a WS myself too.
Used to have a straight through 2.5" catback,, the droning was driving me mad.. damn bstards...
Well you ALREADY have a B-pipe. It would be a waste of a bpipe to buy the WS cat-back system. I say you buy the HKS rear section muffler and attach it to the b-pipe! Hands down!
Old 08-16-2002, 09:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Chino

Well you ALREADY have a B-pipe. It would be a waste of a bpipe to buy the WS cat-back system. I say you buy the HKS rear section muffler and attach it to the b-pipe! Hands down!
I've got a y-pipe, test pipe, stock b-pipe and HKS rear section. It is a bit louder than stock, with a slight bit of drone at 2500 rpm, but it sounds pretty good to me. I put a Stillen b-pipe on and hated it. It was much, much louder, and the 2500 rpm drone increased dramatically. Nothing subtle about it at all, and not a little bit cheap sounding, kind of like a Honda 350 with straight pipes (oops, showing my age here). I put the stock b-pipe back on after only about 30 minutes.