4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Acura RSX Type S race problem!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 10:31 AM
dko
duck and cover

Originally posted by KINGMAX

Whats with the insults? Chill out man, why do you even care?
the same reason you do. if you followed your own advice you wouldn't flame people.

You don't see guys with REAL cars getting all heated when they get clled out.
except I do. there are just as many hotheaded idiots driving american or european cars as there are japanese. some of them have more money to spend on the car initially (european) or more on repairs (american).

As far as the REAL track the REAL men will do the REAL curves in REAL cars will stomp you, you actually think you can take an '03 Cobra on ANY TRACK...once again DON'T LET YOUR BATTLESHIP MOUTH OVERLOAD YOUR ROWBOAT A$$.
you really like that phrase, don't you? it's not as devastatingly terrifying or intelligent as you might think. like jeff said, there are plenty of japanese cars that are just as capable as any american car if not more so. while at the same time being more mechanically sound and reliable.

They handle just as good if not better than any of your little rice burners. You are a true testament to a missinformed and arrogant person.
funny, i was just thinking the same thing.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:50 AM

Dude I am not trying to flame this kid but dko sounds like you are trying to flame me and you are telling me to follow my own advice if you have a problem pm me then, and yes I DO drive a riceburner grocery getter, I am thankful for what I have. Good, your future 944 will own me big deal, and once again, with my own eyes, I have never seen a stock rsx-s run faster times than me, stock, at the track. This has become a worthless circular arguement, "I can beat you"..."no I can beat you".etc.,etc.,etc.. Whatever, have fun desperatly trying to defend and save your pride
Old 08-28-2002, 11:16 AM

desparately trying to save my pride? um... who's grasping pathetically at an attempt to regain civility now? sheesh...

I never came on to this board to start fights, but when my roommate showed me the posts you'd made insulting the car I drive, I must admit, pride might have gotten the best of me... I've got a lot of respect for maximas, I think theblue's car is the bomb (esp. for how much he HASN'T spent, compared to me, when you figure in the cost of the car)... but after dealing with a neanderthal like yourself, well, lets say that respect has begun to wane a bit.

btw, "kid"? i'm 23. i might not be as "old" and "wise" as you, but i'm also not some wet-behind-the-ears 16-year old driving a civic dx with washer-nozzle LEDs. there's nothing "kid" or "rice" about me or my car, so regardless of your age, financial status and so on, you have no ground to stand on (being poor is something not uncommon to me, in fact, i'm probably selling the rsx and getting another 944 to SAVE money on carpayments, even if the tradeoff means lossing money on maintenance, saving even a little overall would be nice).
Old 08-28-2002, 11:16 AM

The Maxima was never made to be an autocrosser, but hey it's a 4 door, it has more practicality than say an.....RSX, but each one has it's own qualities and weaknesses. People buy what they perfer and take into concideration what they want, before buying a car. If you wanted something ungodly fast(or that could be made fast) for 24,000 you should have bought a supra, if you wanted a car that was fast for 10,000 you should have gotten a domestic sportscar of some sort, (used of course) no the reliability is not the greatest in the world but their engines aren't prone to blowing up. Oh yeah and if you really want an auto crosser get a WRX not only can it be made very fast it has very good handling. Either way we are arguing the same thing "The Maxima vs. Whatever" and it always goes in the same direction, You want numbers look in a magazine, you want the real world go to the track.
Old 08-28-2002, 11:21 AM
dko
duck and cover

dko sounds like you are trying to flame me and you are telling me to follow my own advice if you have a problem pm me then
i have no problem with you and i'm not flaming you. if i were flaming you i'd say you were an idiot, drive a stupid car, indulge in illicit practices of bestiality and can't speak a word of english. none of this may be true, but it is unfounded abuse and therfore flaming.

in no part of my reply did I call you stupid, speculate about your sexual orientation or question your ability as a driver. I told you fact and you can't argue with that.
Old 08-28-2002, 11:22 AM

Originally posted by dmoffitt
desparately trying to save my pride? um... who's grasping pathetically at an attempt to regain civility now? sheesh...

I never came on to this board to start fights, but when my roommate showed me the posts you'd made insulting the car I drive, I must admit, pride might have gotten the best of me... I've got a lot of respect for maximas, I think theblue's car is the bomb (esp. for how much he HASN'T spent, compared to me, when you figure in the cost of the car)... but after dealing with a neanderthal like yourself, well, lets say that respect has begun to wane a bit.

btw, "kid"? i'm 23. i might not be as "old" and "wise" as you, but i'm also not some wet-behind-the-ears 16-year old driving a civic dx with washer-nozzle LEDs. there's nothing "kid" or "rice" about me or my car, so regardless of your age, financial status and so on, you have no ground to stand on (being poor is something not uncommon to me, in fact, i'm probably selling the rsx and getting another 944 to SAVE money on carpayments, even if the tradeoff means lossing money on maintenance, saving even a little overall would be nice).
Hate to tell you this but to most people think your car is a ricer, as is ours, to alot of people the definition of ricer is front wheel drive and sounds like a sport bike. Opinions are like butt holes everybody has one and they all stink. BTW go for the 944.
Old 08-28-2002, 11:46 AM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by 96SE5Spd

Hate to tell you this but to most people think your car is a ricer, as is ours, to alot of people the definition of ricer is front wheel drive and sounds like a sport bike.
If a survey was done, I am sure 99% of the people survey'ed would say that the RSX is more of a rice burner then the Maxima. Mainly becuase of it's small 4cyl. engine IMHO. But yes, many people hate on ANY fwd car.

Put a downpipe and catback on a RSX, and do the same with the Max. The max will sound MUCH, MUCH different. If you heard a .wav of my setup you wouldn't think it's a Maxima..only at high RPM's does the V6 higher pitched sound come in. Creeping at stoplights sounds . But I think most of the catbacks made for imports are tuned for smooth mellow tones. That's why I went with Flowmaster.

I guess you could think of it like this as far as sound goes:

-We sound like a Cobra compared to an RSX.

-We sound like an RSX compared to a Cobra

...I am just happy to OwN 90% of the imports in exhaust rumble

To the weed-wackers: Please don't take this post too seriously
Old 08-28-2002, 12:14 PM

Mainly becuase of it's small 4cyl. engine IMHO.
oh, ok. so that means that an e30 M3, s2000, lotus Elise, porsche 924/944/951/968 must all be rice. thanks for clarifying that one for us.

whereas, since i've yet to see dyno (and i don't mean the butt-dyno-factor) proven results for any exhausts on the rsx (although i'd suspect decent top-end gains, i won't buy one til it's proven, and i'd rather get an Ansa or B&B turbo-back and buy that 944 anyway... now to convince my friend to sell his jetta (it's an auto and he way outdrove the suspension and overheatred the transmission while at a track-day recently) :P
Old 08-28-2002, 12:18 PM

Look the first post I made I was sloppy drunk and talking out mt a$$, I didn'y mean to bad mouth your car in anyway. As far as the kid remark, don't be so defensive, I did not mean it in a bad way or tried to imply you a dumb little kid or anything....take it as a term of endearment. . And dko, like I said before I was never flaming him "in no way was I calling him stupid, speculating about his sexual orientation or question his ability as a driver. I have told YOU fact and YOU can't argue with that".
Old 08-28-2002, 12:23 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dmoffitt
[B]

porsche 924/944/951/968

You forgot the 914

Old 08-28-2002, 12:39 PM

true. i probably forgot quite a few capable 4-cyl powered cars (or rotary, aka, well, um, NO cylinders?) :P

i'll accept that last post as some semblance of an explanation/apology, and we can move on. i'll admit the "Fact" you saw was a slow driver or a slow rsx (hehe maybe he has a "Friday motor") and i'll also state, for the record, bad knock sensor or not, i could beat that 15.3 pretty easily (or i'd sure hope to). if you ever make your way up near rochester ny, i'd love to meet you at NYIRP for a little "test-and-tune" :P
Old 08-28-2002, 12:57 PM

Ha! The farthest north I've been is Philly, not likley. If I do go that far north it will be to Fenway Park to see the Braves kick the crap out of the Bosox in interleague.(maybe I can take a detour one day). Like I said the 15.3 was stock in hot humid weather, and just an overall sick car, I shouldn't have been racing. I just started going to the track in the past 4 months, so I have not had a chance to race in cool weather, from what other members say I should be running 14.8-14.7 in optimal cool conditions.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:59 PM
dko
duck and cover

Look the first post I made I was sloppy drunk and talking out mt a$$, I didn'y mean to bad mouth your car in anyway. As far as the kid remark, don't be so defensive, I did not mean it in a bad way or tried to imply you a dumb little kid or anything....take it as a term of endearment. . And dko, like I said before I was never flaming him "in no way was I calling him stupid, speculating about his sexual orientation or question his ability as a driver. I have told YOU fact and YOU can't argue with that".
i didn't say you did, i was citing things off the top of my head as examples of flaming. if you were steaming **** drunk I can understand that, as long as you know you were talking out of your *** I don't have a problem with it.
Old 08-28-2002, 02:16 PM

Originally posted by Acura2001CL-S

while my CL-S was being serviced
My boy just orderd comptech headers for his....$1,000.00!!! Ouch, he claims its 30hp to the wheels though....and that is impressive!
Old 08-28-2002, 02:19 PM

that's way too much for headers... and i'd bet, at best, 15 at the flywheel or 10 at the wheels... at BEST. still, i wouldn't mind headers (at least they barely change sound on most cars, i hate the idea of VTEC sounding like a swarm of bees)
Old 08-28-2002, 02:29 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by Chino

My boy just orderd comptech headers for his....$1,000.00!!! Ouch, he claims its 30hp to the wheels though....and that is impressive!
...and our $200 y-pipes give us 16hp to the wheels.
Old 08-28-2002, 02:33 PM

Originally posted by Craig Mack

...and our $200 y-pipes give us 16hp to the wheels.
It seems comptech is the only company that makes headers for them. Therefore than can set any price they like. Damn monopolies! Oh, well....I have a max!
Old 08-28-2002, 07:17 PM
SLOW

This thread really went to **** there for a while. Like I said before, cars with peakier powerbands are harder to drive effectively, thats why you see some Type S's running 16s and others running 14s.
Old 08-28-2002, 07:52 PM

I still don't get this when i raced an RSX we kicked in third at 70, I heard it hit VTEC then I pulled him by 2 cars shifted into fourth and it wasn't even thinking about pulling, we did this more than once and every time the RSX lost, I talked to him afterwards and all he could say was damn your car is fast.
maybe you should drive his car....
Old 08-28-2002, 07:59 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Old 08-28-2002, 08:27 PM

Originally posted by Lurchdogg11

ok whoops, im a dumbass for not reading the next page. ill shutup now
Old 08-29-2002, 05:40 AM

Smoked a Type S

i ran against a RSX Type S last night at Lebanon Valley and smoked him. best he could run was in the mid-high 15's (i was in the low 15's all night). he was running a CAI with and a cat-back. just thought i would provide some real data to the thread...
Old 08-29-2002, 06:05 AM

Old 08-29-2002, 06:08 AM
Administrator

bill stop upping your post count
Old 08-29-2002, 06:13 AM

Originally posted by SprintMax
bill stop upping your post count
Responding to a Cracura thread is a guarantee your post count will go DOWN after the deletion. Why it's still up I don't know, so I'm venting my frustration.

Comparing with a RSX is absurd.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:29 AM

Originally posted by Craig Mack

If a survey was done, I am sure 99% of the people survey'ed would say that the RSX is more of a rice burner then the Maxima. Mainly becuase of it's small 4cyl. engine IMHO. But yes, many people hate on ANY fwd car.

Put a downpipe and catback on a RSX, and do the same with the Max. The max will sound MUCH, MUCH different. If you heard a .wav of my setup you wouldn't think it's a Maxima..only at high RPM's does the V6 higher pitched sound come in. Creeping at stoplights sounds . But I think most of the catbacks made for imports are tuned for smooth mellow tones. That's why I went with Flowmaster.

I guess you could think of it like this as far as sound goes:

-We sound like a Cobra compared to an RSX.

-We sound like an RSX compared to a Cobra

To the weed-wackers: Please don't take this post too seriously

I was stateing that people define rice rocket as fwd and sounds like a sport bike. I also have Intake and exhaust, I think our cars kind of sounds like a V12 but thats just my opinion.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:33 AM

Originally posted by Lurchdogg11

I already have. I also drove it at the track when he was *****ing about not being able to get a good time in it.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:40 AM

oh, ok. so that means that an e30 M3, s2000, lotus Elise, porsche 924/944/951/968 must all be rice. thanks for clarifying that one for us.
M3s have I6's not 4s.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:45 AM
dko
duck and cover

this thread needs to be put down for good.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:47 AM

then tell one of the moderators to lock it down, it will only get worse, it will be like the damn gtp post.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:49 AM
dko
duck and cover

then tell one of the moderators to lock it down, it will only get worse, it will be like the damn gtp post.
i'm quite sure that bill already knows about this post . and cal is prob. just waiting for the right time.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:56 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by bill99gxe

Comparing with a RSX is absurd.
yes but our young lemmings need something to keep themselves busy till school starts back up
Old 08-29-2002, 07:58 AM

Originally posted by SprintMax

yes but our young lemmings need something to keep themselves busy till school starts back up

I killed a Porsche Boxster the other day in my Minima....beat him to the next traffic light.

Old 08-29-2002, 08:49 AM
I'm needing a caw

The E30 bodied M3 used a 2.4 liter 4 cylinder.

M3s have I6's not 4s.
Old 08-29-2002, 09:01 AM

that's way too much for headers... and i'd bet, at best, 15 at the flywheel or 10 at the wheels... at BEST. still, i wouldn't mind headers
Comptech headers for the CL-S & TL-S give you 25-30hp to the wheels. This has been dyno proven. I know it sounds crazy but its true.
Old 08-29-2002, 12:29 PM

Re: Smoked a Type S

Originally posted by DJalbNY
i ran against a RSX Type S last night at Lebanon Valley and smoked him. best he could run was in the mid-high 15's (i was in the low 15's all night). he was running a CAI with and a cat-back. just thought i would provide some real data to the thread...
so it's obvious to me that a lot of rsx owners don't know how to drive (and i'm sure, no offense, many maxima owners as well) considering the variation in times. for someone with more modifications to run almost half a second or worse than me, with just an intake (and quite honestly, on bald kumho 712s on 17" rims, not exactly your ideal drag setup) is pretty pathetic.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:24 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

Wow, this is a pretty long thread.

Alright you guys, why did u all buy a Maxima in the first place?? I'm sure it wasn't to beat the crap outta cars on the road (ahem ahem not the 100% reason i mean ) Personally i LOVE the interior space and 4 doors... and not only that we get the bonus of having an EXCELLENT engine w/ lots of power. Now put THAT to the test against the RSX! Personally, the RSX-S IS a fast car because it was BUILT for that fact. If Nissan wanted to make the Maxima a pure performance car, I'm sure it would be able to beat an RSX by now. Anywho i hope this thread doesn't get any longer lol
Old 09-18-2002, 06:37 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Mine does 145 with intake and exhuast....
Old 09-18-2002, 06:40 PM
dko
duck and cover

oh christ I thought this thread was gone for good, but no, it has to come back.

welcome, dookie. i hope you enjoy your time here.
Old 09-18-2002, 06:41 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks dko

Quick Reply: Acura RSX Type S race problem!