Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999-6/)
-   -   emergency brake handle boot (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999/114950-emergency-brake-handle-boot.html)

maxmale 09-30-2002 03:01 PM

emergency brake handle boot

I have a 95 max gle with tan leather and the boot covering my e-brake is ripped, just wanted some suggestions or ideas on what to do, a new one runs about 65 dollars if i want to go that route.

Nismo 09-30-2002 03:19 PM

Re: emergency brake handle boot

Originally posted by maxmale
I have a 95 max gle with tan leather and the boot covering my e-brake is ripped, just wanted some suggestions or ideas on what to do, a new one runs about 65 dollars if i want to go that route.
Vyrus bought one from www.jujeracing.com I think thats the site. you can customize what color and what stitching color too with good prices

BeachMax 09-30-2002 03:40 PM

Re: Re: emergency brake handle boot

Originally posted by Nismo

Vyrus bought one from www.jujeracing.com I think thats the site. you can customize what color and what stitching color too with good prices

OK, now that's cool. thanks for the tip from someone else who was just about to search for the very same thing.

BeachMax...

MajorMax96SE 09-30-2002 04:28 PM

Re: Re: Re: emergency brake handle boot

Originally posted by BeachMax

OK, now that's cool. thanks for the tip from someone else who was just about to search for the very same thing.

BeachMax...

I bought an e-brake boot and shift boot from jujeracing.com. The shift boot worked out quite well, but the e-brake boot is a pain in the arse to get on. If I had it all over to do again, I would spend the extra money and get a brand new OEM boot.

NikeGal 09-30-2002 05:02 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: emergency brake handle boot

Originally posted by MajorMax96SE

I bought an e-brake boot and shift boot from jujeracing.com. The shift boot worked out quite well, but the e-brake boot is a pain in the arse to get on. If I had it all over to do again, I would spend the extra money and get a brand new OEM boot.

I bought mine from a junkyard for $20. I got the whole center console piece cause I also needed the flip-up cover for the arm rest. I was lucky cause it was in perfect condition.. The poor max was hit from the rear, but the inside was beautiful...

ny96max 09-30-2002 06:54 PM

i bought it brand new from Nissan for $40, thats cost though :D

Ant

Vyrus 09-30-2002 07:54 PM

Re: Re: emergency brake handle boot

Originally posted by Nismo

Yep. :) It's basically a cover that goes over your stock boot, so you won't see the tear or scuffs. For the money (what is is again, $10 shipped?) you can't go wrong, even if you don't like it.
-Cyrus

TooMAX 10-01-2002 02:46 PM

Re: Re: Re: emergency brake handle boot

Thanks for the link! They sell both the shift and e-brake boot together for $30. What's it made of? I can't imagine nice leather for the price, but should be at least comparable to OEM? Thanks.

grhughes 12-20-2009 06:23 PM

how to remove emergency brake boot from 1996 nissan maxima

Any of you guys know how to remove the old boot? Do I have to remove the entire center console?

TomZ 12-20-2009 06:50 PM

I made my own, ill post pics later if you like.

JSutter 12-20-2009 07:19 PM

old skool thread is old skool

MaxiNone 12-23-2009 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by grhughes (Post 7346649)
Any of you guys know how to remove the old boot? Do I have to remove the entire center console?

^^^yes, you will have to remove your center console. is not that hard, took me like 5min to remove mine.

MaxiNone 12-23-2009 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by TomZ (Post 7346682)
I made my own, ill post pics later if you like.

post a pic!

heres mine

http://i49.tinypic.com/2mqp846.jpg

Frank50e 05-15-2018 08:43 PM

Bump e handle cover thread

Found this old thread but can’t find a video or instructions to replace on a 95.plenty out there on 5th and 6th gen but I can’t find specifics on pulling 4th gen console.

Violator 05-15-2018 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Frank50e (Post 9175609)
Found this old thread but can’t find a video or instructions to replace on a 95.plenty out there on 5th and 6th gen but I can’t find specifics on pulling 4th gen console.

The plastic around the shifter is clipped and can be just pulled out, there are screws you will see underneath and then there are screws at the bottom on the sides in the backseat I actually just saw that today if you look up short throw shifters the first result for twm will include install instructions that include removing the center console