Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999-6/)
-   -   Rear seat removal required for srting install....? (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999/15356-rear-seat-removal-required-srting-install.html)

NmexMAX 01-20-2001 11:32 PM

rear seat removal required for spring install...?

Is this true? I went down to my local shop that is supposed to do this for a living(spring installation) and he said that. I really don't believe this guy but he said 'on the Maxima it is MANDATORY to remove the back seat to install the rear springs'... Really.....theres gotta be a way around it.....right? non o u guys removed it right?

NmexMAX 01-20-2001 11:34 PM

I meant SPRING install..........it's late sorry!!

cliffp 01-21-2001 12:01 AM

no dude

u do not need to take the back seat at all, tell him to go back to school. j/k. all u need to do is inside the trunk, it's hidden with the gray cover. you'll see em inside the trunk.

NmexMAX 01-21-2001 12:18 AM

Thanx man......dumb a** foo gets paid to do this shtuff......take out the back seat WTF!!!! idiots....

emax02 01-21-2001 12:05 PM

You just have to fold back the carpet in da trunk,

I do believe that on 3rd gen max's the rear seat did have to be removed, atleast that is what my Chiltons manual said.

bullseye 01-21-2001 12:34 PM

Re: rear seat removal required for spring install...?

Originally posted by NmexMAX
Is this true? I went down to my local shop that is supposed to do this for a living(spring installation) and he said that. I really don't believe this guy but he said 'on the Maxima it is MANDATORY to remove the back seat to install the rear springs'... Really.....theres gotta be a way around it.....right? non o u guys removed it right?
When I had my springs/struts installed, they removed my backseat. I don't see how they could have gained access to them any other way. I installed my RSTB, and I took out the backseat, too. The bench portion comes out, then the padded back, then a metal cross-member, and... there they are. No sweat...

emax02 01-21-2001 04:22 PM

Thats odd,

I just removed my suspension a few day's ago{my self} and the rear seat does not interfier in any way shape or form. Like I said before just pull the carpet back and tada there is your strut towers,then just remove the 2 bolts on each ST and then remove the 17mm bolt holding the strut in{behind the wheel} and the suspension will just fall out.Also if you put a rstb the rear seat will have absoluetly nothing to do with the install either, all you have to do is make 2 slits on each side of the carpet and bolt it on. So please explain to me why on earth you would have to remove the rear seat because I am just dieng to here this one.Another ??? is how do you even remove the rear seat fire wall ??? is'nt it welded on there or something?? I know how to remove the leather seat padding but then there is just the firewall behind it which I do not believe can even be taken out{I could be wrong since I have never even tried to remove it before},explain.Thanks

NmexMAX 01-21-2001 10:45 PM

Yup,,,,,,that seemz extrmely odd to have to take out the back seat........I'll try telling him to check the trunk for a better way......oh yeah....he wants to charge me 250 for the whole job....soundz a bit steep.......whatddya think of that price? too high huh?? I think i need a 2nd opinion.