Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999-6/)
-   -   More mods, which exhaust? (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999/167026-more-mods-exhaust.html)

95MaximaPimp 06-30-2003 06:36 AM

More mods, which exhaust?

My next mods are CAI, y-pipe and a body kit. I was thiking about getting the dual exhaust from custommaxima.com This also affects which kit I get since I will need to get the dual exhaust bumper. Does anyone have this setup? Is it worth it? Or even recommended? If I don't go with dual exhaust, I will probably leave the stock exhaust on...

ivelweyz 06-30-2003 09:18 AM

Don't buy that CustomMaxima garbage. You can make your own dual exhaust for around $200. Look for a thread from a guy who made one. So you know the gains are very minimal if any but judging by your username you don't probably don't care...

95MaximaPimp 06-30-2003 11:47 AM

I more into looks, but I definitely don't want to waste my money when it comes to performance parts.

FLO_BOY 06-30-2003 12:08 PM

Originally posted by 95MaximaPimp
I more into looks, but I definitely don't want to waste my money
when it comes to performance parts.

um, what about fixing the light issue???
just my $0.02,
FLO_BOY

95MaximaPimp 06-30-2003 12:50 PM

Originally posted by FLO_BOY

um, what about fixing the light issue???
just my $0.02,
FLO_BOY

What light issue?

FLO_BOY 06-30-2003 12:53 PM

What light issue?
OK, maybe it's not a light, but, this issue:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=227076

FLO_BOY

95MaximaPimp 06-30-2003 01:11 PM

Ohhh, I am working on it. I'm just trying plan out my next move before hand. Unless it turns out to be something major then I gotta step it up once it's fixed...

Torgus 06-30-2003 03:50 PM

if i were you, i'd get the dual exhaust bumber and what ever kit you want. for the exhaust throw a budget y pipe, stock cat, and goto a muffler shop for the cat back, i don't see how exhausts need to cost 300+ before instalation. the sound is all really from the muffler, goto a good reputable shop, tell them how you want it to sound, they will direct you to a good muffler....or take opinions from people on here....i have a magnaflow and love it.

pMB 06-30-2003 07:55 PM

dual exhaust?

it is 100% looks and 0% performance.

but if you like looks, go ask a local exhaust shop for dual conversion, and they'll cut a hole in bumper to fit the extra muffler.

I would stay with one muffler and full 3" exhaust..just my opinion.

FLO_BOY 07-01-2003 06:58 AM

Ohhh, I am working on it. I'm just trying plan out my next move before hand. Unless it turns out to be something major then I gotta step it up once it's fixed...
that's cool...just ball breakin' :D
when I had my MAFS issue, I still went ahead and bought my Frankencar!

good luck!
FLO_BOY

95MaximaPimp 07-01-2003 01:58 PM

I really like the Sarona kit. Would be fcuking it up if I had a hole cut out of the Sarona bumper for the dual exhaust, or can that be done pretty clean?

JeffesonM 07-01-2003 02:18 PM

anyone experienced with fiberglass should be able to do it cleanly.

as for the catback, don't waste your money buying the custom maxima one or even some other brand. I just got a 2.5" catback bent and 2k muffler installed for $150. I bought the muffler separate, but assuming you pay AT MOST $150 for a muffler, that's a $300 catback, installed.

if you like the duals, go for it. get the camaro-style flowmaster with single inlet/dual outlet and run a pipe around your spare tire well.

95MaximaPimp 07-02-2003 02:08 PM

Originally posted by JeffesonM
anyone experienced with fiberglass should be able to do it cleanly.

as for the catback, don't waste your money buying the custom maxima one or even some other brand. I just got a 2.5" catback bent and 2k muffler installed for $150. I bought the muffler separate, but assuming you pay AT MOST $150 for a muffler, that's a $300 catback, installed.

if you like the duals, go for it. get the camaro-style flowmaster with single inlet/dual outlet and run a pipe around your spare tire well.

My cousin is going to make the cut for the dual exhaust on the Sarona kit. I forgot he's an autobody guy...he aid he could do it no problem.

I'm not familiar with the reputation and quality of the shops around here, though. Is there anywhere on line that I can get the camaro-style flowmaster at a good price?

JeffesonM 07-02-2003 02:46 PM

try posing in the NE forum and see if there's any shops people have used in the past. if you want to drive to NJ I can send you to the place that did mine.