4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

**New** legally improved All-Reds on my 99...***PICS***

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Brudaddy
You are quick with that.
well it does look hot and gives ideas.. but hell if i lived in florida, my car would have all the stuff i wanted to and bought to do. this old weather northeast sucks.. but yeah, looks hot. .good job..

whats next huh????

blake
Old 01-22-2004, 11:04 PM
SXN
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by nismos14
i liked the all red better
yea, so did i.

i know its nice to have the legal set up...but looks weird to have the smaller reverse light. i think just redded out turn signals would look better than this half/reverse thing
Old 01-22-2004, 11:29 PM
Give me a Bud Light Holmes

nice work. but i rather the red/clear or even the DTM.

btw is it really black spray paint for the DTM thing????
Old 01-22-2004, 11:31 PM
SXN

open the tails, spray paint the housing inside
Old 01-23-2004, 01:18 AM
be the change u want2C

Originally Posted by BlueBOB

Oppostists attract, heheeh, but anyways, Im gonna come down to Florida now and stok you,

They look really nice, I wanna candy apple red transparent spray mines also, Get that JDM look all around with my ambered out front, Except for heads, dont wanna be too ricy
Old 01-23-2004, 02:45 AM

looks good... i'm trying to customize my tails although i'm gonna go a different route.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:40 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Wow, more replies!

I definately just needed a change. The red/clears look fine, dont get me wrong, i obviously liked them enough to do them, but they were just so blah. Ill probably end up doing something different all together when i get tired of these. Maybe something with Gen2's, who knows...

I pretty much just wanted to post different styles (red/clears, illegal all-reds, and legal all-reds) just so people can get different ideas and start being unique. Once you start seeing the same stuff on everyones cars is gets old...

Eric
Old 01-23-2004, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by 99Maxima5sp
Wow, more replies!

I definately just needed a change. The red/clears look fine, dont get me wrong, i obviously liked them enough to do them, but they were just so blah. Ill probably end up doing something different all together when i get tired of these. Maybe something with Gen2's, who knows...

I pretty much just wanted to post different styles (red/clears, illegal all-reds, and legal all-reds) just so people can get different ideas and start being unique. Once you start seeing the same stuff on everyones cars is gets old...

Eric
so eric are we goin to move on to head lights now???
man your car looks hot .it's funny never realize
how many haters on the org tho
keep it up
Old 01-23-2004, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by hotmax97
so eric are we goin to move on to head lights now???
man your car looks hot .it's funny never realize
how many haters on the org tho
keep it up

Haha, no headlights. I will only swap to projectors when they come out in the year 2056 ..

Thanks for the compliment. I wish i had money for rims. Im just a pomofo college student...

Eric
Old 01-23-2004, 09:23 AM

WTF are you thinking? Leave your tail lights alone, stock is best.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by 1FSTMAX
WTF are you thinking? Leave your tail lights alone, stock is best.

WTF were you thinking when you did the AE mod to your headlights? stock is best

Eric
Old 01-23-2004, 09:53 AM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Wow, more replies!

Eric
Eric,
I agree with what you said about being unique. That's why like your idea a lot. In addition to looking good, I have not seen this done before. Unique points! Similar to when Jeff relocated his license plate to his trunk. I thought that was very original.

I 'kind of' did an experiment like yours, although not exactly. I took an extra set of inner taillights (trunk lights) I had and masked off the reverse lights, almost in the same size/shape you did (although I have a '96 so mine are on top) and I had a shop paint the rest of the lights body color (I was having other stuff painted) . So I had red/clear on the outside (with the option of removing the red and going all-clear) and body color w/ a reverse light on the inside. It didn't look as good as I had hoped so I never mentioned it nor posted pics. But hey, I tried!

Anyway, again, good job.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:56 AM

what color testors paint did you use, i am going to do this rather soon. thanks
Old 01-23-2004, 10:11 AM

WTF were you thinking when you did the AE mod to your headlights? stock is best
Eric

OH S H I T
Old 01-23-2004, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by ptatohed
Eric,
I agree with what you said about being unique. That's why like your idea a lot. In addition to looking good, I have not seen this done before. Unique points! Similar to when Jeff relocated his license plate to his trunk. I thought that was very original.

I 'kind of' did an experiment like yours, although not exactly. I took an extra set of inner taillights (trunk lights) I had and masked off the reverse lights, almost in the same size/shape you did (although I have a '96 so mine are on top) and I had a shop paint the rest of the lights body color (I was having other stuff painted) . So I had red/clear on the outside (with the option of removing the red and going all-clear) and body color w/ a reverse light on the inside. It didn't look as good as I had hoped so I never mentioned it nor posted pics. But hey, I tried!

Anyway, again, good job.

Thanks for the compliment...Did you ever take any pics? Im interested to see what exactly it looked like...

Originally Posted by waveridr85
what color testors paint did you use, i am going to do this rather soon. thanks
Its the same paint that damn near everyone uses to paint their 95-96 all clears. Testors Candy Apple Red 1605 transparent spray paint. You can find it at wal-mart in the model section. Can is about 4 inches high with a red labe and sells for 3 bucks a can...

Originally Posted by hotmax97
OH S H I T

...I mean cmon, he left himself wide open and set himself up..