Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999-6/)
-   -   Need installation instructions for INJEN intake (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999/214674-need-installation-instructions-injen-intake.html)

Magikone69 03-09-2004 08:31 PM

Need installation instructions for INJEN intake

my injen knock off intake comes in tomorow and i would like to have some instructions on hand just in case. The ebay auction says no instructions provided, and since search isnt working id like to ask of any of you guys for a link to a write up, please respond asap guys.
thanx in advance :bowdown:

DoGGy 03-09-2004 08:48 PM

it comes with instructions, i just got mine yesterday and it seems like the instructions are only good for a skilled person, not a n00bie like me.

im afraid to atempt and install this thing

EDIT: it has to come with instructions or its used. call injen and ask for a copy of it.

Torgus 03-09-2004 08:51 PM

it's so easy once you get the stock air box out.it could easily be done with no instuctions...i'd say RTFM but in your case there isn't one.

Magikone69 03-09-2004 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by DoGGy
it comes with instructions, i just got mine yesterday and it seems like the instructions are only good for a skilled person, not a n00bie like me.

im afraid to atempt and install this thing

EDIT: it has to come with instructions or its used. call injen and ask for a copy of it.

well i dont have the actual injen intake its a replica, and in the auction it stated no instructions. ill email injen and see if they can send me a pdf email copy or hopefully someone else can link me a copy

Magikone69 03-10-2004 08:00 AM

i can easily take out the airbox, ive done it so many times cleaning out the TB, thats just 5 mins, i would just like to have instructions available so i make no stupid mistakes

Torgus 03-10-2004 10:36 AM

uhh take off the stock airbox. hook up upper pipe, use claps, hook up maf, use clamps, hook up lower pipe and airfilter, use clamps. rev engine, done. this way my 1st mod and injen's instructions imo are worthless. i looked at them for 1 minute and said **** it i'll do it myself. good luck.

DoGGy 03-10-2004 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Torgus
uhh take off the stock airbox. hook up upper pipe, use claps, hook up maf, use clamps, hook up lower pipe and airfilter, use clamps. rev engine, done. this way my 1st mod and injen's instructions imo are worthless. i looked at them for 1 minute and said **** it i'll do it myself. good luck.

injen instructions suck donkey balls &im afraid to attempt and do this.is there anything i could possibly mess up?

max2max-98se 03-10-2004 12:41 PM

its not that hard 2 install. its pretty striaght foward

Magikone69 03-10-2004 12:55 PM

ok everything is installed and without any problems xcept 1. my problem was that my car was in a previous accident and the radiator was pushed back a tad, it was hard squeezing the filter down there without scratching up the cone, and the housing of the radiator fan, besides that, i had everything installed in about 35 mins(had to work fast cause my manager called me into work today. My 1st drive was amazing, sounds so nice at WOT and at normal driving it sounds so unnoticable. i feel like im carrying a concealed weapon. The pick up is so nice at about 3500 rpms and car revs feel very smooth (felt kinda rough with my poor mans intake before) Overall i am very satisfied with the intake, only like 75 bux or so i spent would recomend ebay intake anytime. I would like to post pics but i have no digicam right now(sister is in paris with it) and becides my engine is shamefully dirty, once i get cam back ill take pics and hopefully will have my engine polised up. take care guys and goodluck to anyone else doing this mod. DONT PAY SOMEONE TO DO IT. IT IS TOOOO EASY TO FUDGE UP!!!!

Torgus 03-10-2004 03:31 PM

hmm what i said easy to install. the only thing you could damage is if while your hood it open a meteor hits your engine. besides that there is nothing to damage...