4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Max was hit yesterday in a hit and run

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 09:35 AM

Max was hit yesterday in a hit and run

Well where do i start.. i walked to my car after 5th period to go home, and i noticed a huge crumble in my fender. Im like WTF! that wasnt there yesterday! So i looked on my window hoping to find a note there, no note. That sucks.. So i looked for the car next to me, the parking space was empty. Hit and run... FAWKKK! So i ran and got the campus officer, we took a report, took pics, and they managed to find his paint color on my car. Orange... Not alot of orange cars arround here. By that time i was so aggrivated, i was telling the cop im bought to beat the F*ck out of this dude when i find him. lol He said he agreed, and woulda done the same. So i went home.. The cop called me an hour later and said he found they guy. he also said that e was screaming at the guy and his sargent and him witnessed him admit that he wasn't planning on notifying me if we wouldnt have got caught. Later, He gave the guy my #, he called me and didnt even appoligize, all he said was this is so and so and i hit your car, how do you want to take care of this, I really dont want to get insuarance involed... I wasnt very nice on the phone but basically i said ima do what i wanna do... I need to call some people and figure out my game plan. So i talked to my parents and they want to just goto Nissan and get an estimate for the body, repair, and paint, and anything else caused by the accident, and fax him the quote and give the guys parents a chance to cut us a check. Drew told me im looking at it costing arround $2500. Now my gameplan is to get the money from the dealership bc it will prbly be the most expensive, and then maybe have enough money to buya stillen lip and those fenders they sell on custommaxima, get it painted, and get everything fixed for the same price or less. Anyway, im really impressed with my high schools police, the officer was cool as hell, and really bent over backwerds to help me find this guy. I wish i could press charges but it will take way too long to process, and i have too much other stuff going on.. I just need it fixed and fast.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:21 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Ouch that sucks! Hope everything works out for you, At least they got the guy! you should be good to go. . .Good Luck!
Old 09-03-2004, 10:28 AM

dude you think thats bad?

two weekends ago my car got hit overnight (probably in the morning, there was a big festival with assloads of tourists around and i slept till ~ 11 when i found it hit.)

they hit my car so hard it punched a hole in my rear bumper, scraped the paint off the corner of the bumper in some long strips and put a 10" round dent in my rear quarter panel just behind the bumper (apparently the bumper popped back out.)

my estimate for body work/paint is about 3g's ... ridiculous. I don't want to call up my insurance and report it because it will be coming out of my pocket
Old 09-03-2004, 10:38 AM

Dayuummmm!!!! im glad my max is safe and sound in the garage!
Old 09-03-2004, 10:56 AM

that sucks, yea, get the highest quote for the bill and make that sucker pay and use the rest on other stuff. serves him right, hope everything goes ok
Old 09-03-2004, 10:57 AM
Paradox Systems Vendor

i have a nice black max wit tvs, amps, subs, blah blah, dropped, chrome rims, and then i have a 1990 stock isuzu impluse sports car, 58k on it, nothing really wrong with it....worth about $400-600 bucks thats my school car, and its not really insured, i just got a copy of the registration and plates, and when i drive it and pay insurance on the max, and i have 2 sets of plates same plate number, same regi info, and the same note in my glovebox saying i am switching everything over to my impulse tomorrow....blah, im in NYC and this is my second semester doing this....just an idea...i love it....works for me, i suggest it to those who like risks i guess....i never got caught though, but to each his own....
Old 09-03-2004, 11:26 AM

i was in a hit and run once.... the guy told me he was leaving and that it was my fault he hit me...

2 days later they caught him, put him in jail... THEN LET HIM GO THE NEXT DAY , b/c we didn't have a warrant...

what a crock of shiz.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:37 AM

dude that sucks man i dunno what i would do if someone hit me
Old 09-03-2004, 11:56 AM

Yes this definitely sucks. Although it sounds like this story has a happy ending (assuming this jerk pays,) my sincere sympathies go out to you. I really hope this guy gets punished severely..betcha he drives a piece of $hit cuz these kinda thoughtless people usually have junky cars to begin with.

Everytime I read about someone's Max getting hit/damaged I cringe cuz I know my day could come too. How can something so terrible happen to something I love so much? I can't imagine it, it's as if my Max is a family member now.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:41 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

A van hit mine at home depot and had the ball$ to leave it there. It wasnt that bad though. I mean i do need a new rear bumper. I took the auto lock and bashed his wondows in and messed up his doors. Left a note telling him next time he hits someones car and if he tries to cover it up at least dont leave the black paint off of my car on his. In the end i would say were about even.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:42 PM

yea man that sucks sorry it happened
Old 09-03-2004, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Keyser Skoze
A van hit mine at home depot and had the ball$ to leave it there. It wasnt that bad though. I mean i do need a new rear bumper. I took the auto lock and bashed his wondows in and messed up his doors. Left a note telling him next time he hits someones car and if he tries to cover it up at least dont leave the black paint off of my car on his. In the end i would say were about even.
rofl thats tite! but why didnt u just run his plates and find out if he has insuarance then go from there???
Old 09-03-2004, 01:47 PM
Kevlo for President

Sucks man. I don't think that is $2500 worth of damage, but it will be steep. I have been in 4 hit and runs, my max is different colors
Old 09-03-2004, 01:51 PM

Ouch.... but what kinda high school has campus police???? I even went to a private HS and we didn't have that! It could've come in handy back in '96 when some ***** student shattered my brother's back window and stole his $4,000 stereo.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:52 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by image
rofl thats tite! but why didnt u just run his plates and find out if he has insuarance then go from there???
Because i was too ****ed to even think. I'm getting the car painted after the winter anyway when i install the kit. In the end im shure this a$$hole learned his lesson and i hope he wont do it again.
Old 09-03-2004, 03:00 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hit and Run

I'm Just curious how many of you would accidentally hit a car and run. TO be honest I might if it was like a 100,000 Dollar car. I have never done it, and I tell myself I wouldnt but perhaps I would. I'm sure someone on this Forum has already done this, just because you have a maxima doesnt mean your ethical and honest. But yes It would **** me off, actually my sister ran into me and I had to get a new front bumper, luckily it wasnt painted yet.