Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999-6/)
-   -   My 99 Maxi - Lots of work over the past month - PICS (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999/248743-my-99-maxi-lots-work-over-past-month-pics.html)

packetattack 09-07-2004 02:51 PM

Sorry man, no trading yet.. Too new :-).

As for the paint, well this was all done at a bodyshop. This was the same color as the original factory paint - Arctic white pearl - Paint Code: QN0, I believe.

As for buying paint, try these two distributors:

http://gocolours.com/

http://www.autobodydepot.net/scripts...OVMTC=standard

Originally Posted by Andy13186
PM me where i can get Paint and clearcoat if you dont mind. And do they have it in dark evergreen? or is yours just a generic white that you can get anywhere and im screwed..

Btw, trade me cars please.

wariow 09-07-2004 02:51 PM

congrats, you've passed the anti-rice test. Great work!

packetattack 09-07-2004 03:00 PM

Thanks. Anti-rice is good!

As to the poster that remarked about the TYPE-X spoiler. Its a nice one, but I think it sits a little too high for me. I like the low factory SE spoiler. Its all about personal taste. Someone didn't like the TRENZ grilles, but I admire that grille. Once its classy, though.

Originally Posted by wariow
congrats, you've passed the anti-rice test. Great work!

jdm71488 09-07-2004 03:10 PM

thats about where id like to be one day.. but with no kit and different wheels...

JSutter 09-07-2004 03:38 PM

the molded lip looks really nice. Nice work.

2 Da Max 09-07-2004 03:46 PM

man thats the cleanest car ive ever seen in my life, and trust me ive seen clean cars. **** looks brand new man good job

lexx426 09-07-2004 03:57 PM

wow, your car looks perfect. I love the wheels! Hella good job, good for you.

packetattack 09-07-2004 04:05 PM

Thanks. I've always detailed her since I took delivery back in 99. Interior, exterior and even the engine bay.

Originally Posted by 2 Da Max
man thats the cleanest car ive ever seen in my life, and trust me ive seen clean cars. **** looks brand new man good job

MaximaSE96 09-07-2004 04:09 PM

man i love the stillen kit...its the best out there....car looks great....i wish i had black interior

Ant96GLE 09-07-2004 04:09 PM

Looks a WHOLE lot better in person :D

chuckie311 09-07-2004 04:09 PM

looks awsome nice and clean great job

:woot2:

XeroX 09-07-2004 04:21 PM

yea you should have had them mold the sides and the rear.. now you just have to worry about rippin that lip off.. the whole bumper would fold along with it hehe..

KLEEAAN ride tho bro, btw what kinda navy screen is that and how much was it... were did u get it ??

Tyrexx 09-07-2004 04:52 PM

schweet !

KsuMax 09-07-2004 05:12 PM

wow, looks amazing. I like it.

JSMax 09-07-2004 06:21 PM

Damn, you have a kick@ss ride! I hate to be the one to ask, but how much do you figure you spent on her? That's 1 amazing maxima dude!

Cumalot 09-07-2004 06:43 PM

Very nice, good job!

NYPD-Arnold 09-07-2004 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ant96GLE
Looks a WHOLE lot better in person :D

Yep. I had the pleasure of seeing the car in person 2 nights ago and I was floored. Rish definitely did an incredible job with it. Very hot looking car now.

SLMD19Z 09-07-2004 07:06 PM

Damn those wheels look sweet on your car, im loving the whole settup, props to u man.

mendon99 09-07-2004 07:07 PM

car looks awesome, love the wheels, i thought 19's would be too big, but that looks great

nismos14 09-07-2004 07:35 PM

saw this car at don's very very nice car

Maximeltman 09-07-2004 07:47 PM

Well I like it alot. :cool:
________
LIVE SEX

Linkage23 09-07-2004 10:21 PM

your ride is so clean and simply perfect.....just how much was this total bill and what the hell do you do for a living?! Nonetheless, perfect Maxima!!!!now you jsut need that money on the engine and you have yourself a competition winner!

SupermaxGxe 09-07-2004 10:29 PM

What happend to the covers for the foglight bolts? Do they not fit anymore because of the front lip?

-Chris

VIP Maxima 09-07-2004 11:02 PM

REALLY NICE.

you need to go lower, put on stock grill and tint that biatch.

btw where did u get the "maxima" door kicks, the one that go by the seats on the body of the car?

btw whats the secret? ur front leather seats look so new, unlike mine which have cracks.... and look hard

packetattack 09-08-2004 06:41 AM

Thanks man. Well the Stillen kit was bought a few years ago when it was on sale for $779. It was sitting in storage for a few years. I refused to put it on until I got a drop and some rims. The rims and tires were exactly $2000. The audio and headunit including install was a few thousand. And then the body work, which I got a good price on. Keep in mind, everything wasn't done all at once, so it was a little easier on the wallet. I'm a network security engineer that works for a large financial firm. Most of the "play" money for this came from stock market gains. I wouldn't touch savings for stuff like this.

Originally Posted by Linkage23
your ride is so clean and simply perfect.....just how much was this total bill and what the hell do you do for a living?! Nonetheless, perfect Maxima!!!!now you jsut need that money on the engine and you have yourself a competition winner!

packetattack 09-08-2004 06:46 AM

Thanks, but I like the Trenz Grille. The car is already tinted. Its a "legal" tint here in NYC, which still lets the cops see in. Any darker and I'm looking for a ticket.

Those are the CustomMaxima carbon fiber door sills. If you scroll back a little bit, you'll see that I posted a link for Chris as well, who had the same question.

As for the front leather seats, well I condition them everytime I detail the car. The outside edges are vinyl, but the inside section is leather.

Use a small whisk broom to really sweep out the seams. A lot of dirt and dust gets trapped in those seams. Once that's done, get some leather cleaner and a white terry cloth and clean the seat from top to bottom. Then condition it, until the leather won't take anymore conditioner. You can tell this when there is a slight "film" being left on the seat. That should help the leather stay supple for a long time.

If your seats are already hard, there are leather softening/rejuvenating products that you can buy. Do a search on google.com and you'll see some pop up.

Originally Posted by 98MikeXimaSE
REALLY NICE.

you need to go lower, put on stock grill and tint that biatch.

btw where did u get the "maxima" door kicks, the one that go by the seats on the body of the car?

btw whats the secret? ur front leather seats look so new, unlike mine which have cracks.... and look hard

packetattack 09-08-2004 06:47 AM

Actually, I lost both of them a long time ago, after replacing the regular foglight bulbs with HIDs. I think Nissan wanted too much for them so I never bought them. I'll check again with them to see.

Originally Posted by SupermaxGxe
What happend to the covers for the foglight bolts? Do they not fit anymore because of the front lip?

-Chris

packetattack 09-08-2004 07:08 AM

Exactly. Becuase of the dish, it looks a little smaller. Some people think they are 18s, but they're not :). Up close though, they look like 19s.

Originally Posted by mendon99
car looks awesome, love the wheels, i thought 19's would be too big, but that looks great

MidwestMaX1 09-08-2004 07:17 AM

I love those turn signals on your side mirrors, man. Those are a great addition to your car. Your Maxima is gorgeous.

SkoorbMax 09-08-2004 07:37 AM

I like the wheels :D

Brudaddy 09-08-2004 11:09 AM

Very nice Maxima!
I esp. like the look of the wheels.
Those are good looking.
Keep up the good work.

VIP Maxima 09-08-2004 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by packetattack
Thanks, but I like the Trenz Grille. The car is already tinted. Its a "legal" tint here in NYC, which still lets the cops see in. Any darker and I'm looking for a ticket.

Those are the CustomMaxima carbon fiber door sills. If you scroll back a little bit, you'll see that I posted a link for Chris as well, who had the same question.

As for the front leather seats, well I condition them everytime I detail the car. The outside edges are vinyl, but the inside section is leather.

Use a small whisk broom to really sweep out the seams. A lot of dirt and dust gets trapped in those seams. Once that's done, get some leather cleaner and a white terry cloth and clean the seat from top to bottom. Then condition it, until the leather won't take anymore conditioner. You can tell this when there is a slight "film" being left on the seat. That should help the leather stay supple for a long time.

If your seats are already hard, there are leather softening/rejuvenating products that you can buy. Do a search on google.com and you'll see some pop up.

oh so ur suppose to put conditioner untill it cant take anymore. ive been doing cleaning and conditionering once every 6 months but it doesnt seem like its helping. next time im going to put more and more and more on the seats. hehehehe

Kta920 09-08-2004 12:28 PM

very nice lookin Max! Only thing it needs is a stillen exhaust to accent the back end a little.

Lots of credit on how clean it is.Too bad its not a 5spd :(

Taken2DaMax 09-08-2004 12:34 PM

Looks very nice...don't really like the tenz grille but to each his own. The rest of the car looks really really clean. It's a head turner!!!

tpduke112 09-08-2004 02:12 PM

That Max is simply amazing.

Pearl96Max 09-09-2004 11:38 AM

Nice choice in Audio/Video equiptment :wall:

--Don

1MAX2NV 09-09-2004 01:11 PM

Good looking maxima. I like it.

C3nthusiast 09-09-2004 01:30 PM

Wow!! Looks like I got a twin out there.

FormorAccordMan 09-09-2004 02:38 PM

Your car is beautiful. I'm jealous. ;-)

packetattack 09-09-2004 02:59 PM

Maybe one day, our "kids" can meet each other.

Originally Posted by C3nthusiast
Wow!! Looks like I got a twin out there.