Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999-6/)
-   -   krap... ecu... 1205... dunno what it means, but it doesn't sound good. (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999/258420-krap-ecu-1205-dunno-what-means-but-doesnt-sound-good.html)

DaBombX 10-21-2004 03:42 PM

krap... ecu... 1205... dunno what it means, but it doesn't sound good.

I can't get to the link cuz I don't got permission to do so...
Can any help me out?

I'm looking for a diagnosis of ecu code 1205... Line Pressure Solenoid Valve (Automatic Transmission)...

Does this mean I'll have to get a MT ?!!!

DaBombX 10-21-2004 06:17 PM

bump... help plz...

tavarish 10-21-2004 06:56 PM

Yes, it means at 12:05 tomorrow your automatic transmission will disintegrate, and your ONLY option is to get a manual. Happened to me twice.

nick 10-21-2004 07:18 PM

re: 1205

Ok, don't panic , no need for MT yet,
First of all - Is your tranny shifting hard from 1st to 2nd ? and when engaging in gear from Park to D there is loud thump? , Is your overdrive light flashing when starting the car ? - Did you do the Drop Resistor Mod on your car?

If yes - than check your swich/wires/etc to make sure that dropping resistor is still in the circuit. If you didn't do the aftermentioned mod - then go straight to your resistor and check the resistance across the terminals - it should be around 12 ohms - if its not - replace the dropping resistor - (Dealer only , $60 part)

Now -if you test the resistor and it turns out fine, then you might have a problem with your shift and line pressure solenoids inside your transmission
Double check the code , to make sure you have the right one , than go to dealership again and ask for updated version of shift solenoids - Nissan had TSB on those - the part cost $140 - DON'T LET THEM sell you the old one for around $400 !!!!!! They've tried that on me !!!!

Replacing the shift solenoids is not hard at all , there are very good instructions with pics around the org. It does require to drop the tranny oil pan and remove valve body - but with patience and some comon sense everybody could do that.

I've had the same problem - 1205/flashing overdrive/hard shifts - took it to dealer to confirm my diagnostics and those bastards wanted to repalce my shift solenoids for $750 !!!! I've told them to pack sand, and i did it myself ,
but replacing solenoids did not resolve the problem.

I've had bad dropping resistor - a mere $60 part wich can be changed in 2 minutes. The resitor is part of the circuit, and if it goes bad - the ECU will throw 1205 code and misslead you into problem with line pressure solenoids.

now my original auto tranny with 140k shifts crisp and smooth.

Good luck , keep us updated

Nick.

njmodi 10-21-2004 08:15 PM

heh heh - I know who I'll be calling if I have problems with the 1205 code in the Chicago area :grinno: :thumbsup: Nick!.

DaBombX 10-21-2004 08:49 PM

Strange things have definately been going on but I think it goes along with what's been said.

First, I had CEL. Then, I checked it. It gave me 1205. I reset it and while driving, I notice the CEL blinking irradically. I go shopping. I turn the ignition on and nothing. Clean ignition. Drive home was fine. Later, I go to get some dinner. On my drive back home, the OD light blinked about 10 times when I started the car.

I do have switches on my resistor, but the car shifts fine.
Although, now that I think about it, going from R to D, I felt a clunk. Hmmmmmm....

Does this sound similar, Nick?

Okay. what should i do first... I'll check all my wiring tomorrow... I don't have a ohm meter but I guess it's a good time to pick one up.

But, I get the point that it's not a big enuf deal to swap in a MT...
(too bad... the dark side in me kinda was hopin it might be.... )

I'm thankful that this is fixable.

nick 10-21-2004 09:03 PM

check your wiring and test the dropping resistor , i'm pretty sure thats where the problem is.

Nick.