4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

children and cars!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 01:46 PM

children and cars!!!!

Man o Man,

My little brothers friend just brok out one of our garage windows which then busted all on top of my car leaving a about 5 minor scratches, circle paint remover scratch , and a 3 inch long gash on the top of the trunk. The gash is deep, you dont see any paint just the metal of the truck.

I thought the garage was the safest place!!!!

Anyways I gotta get this fixed and since Im broke Im gonna have to talk to his dad about paying for it, dont you think that is right?

Since I have two scratches leavingt he aluminum open to the cold enviromnet, how long will it take to rust... Do I have a couple of weeks before I need to get it touched up?

Any recommendations will be appreciated!
Old 12-22-2004, 01:58 PM

Sure, why not get the runt's dad to pay for it. good luck though, as a lot of parents I have seen now days don't handle any real parenting skills. ( You people have seen what I mean) and they won't pay for damages.

Now, how long before ferrousoxide starts to appear is nothing you can calculate. Rust requires open metal, usually water and oxygen. Now, If it was me, I would let it go no more than a week like that. Sadly, there is nothing you can do to slow it down, other than paint it and cure it.

good luck!
Old 12-22-2004, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by lokobreed
Man o Man,

My little brothers friend just brok out one of our garage windows which then busted all on top of my car leaving a about 5 minor scratches, circle paint remover scratch , and a 3 inch long gash on the top of the trunk. The gash is deep, you dont see any paint just the metal of the truck.

I thought the garage was the safest place!!!!

Anyways I gotta get this fixed and since Im broke Im gonna have to talk to his dad about paying for it, dont you think that is right?

Since I have two scratches leavingt he aluminum open to the cold enviromnet, how long will it take to rust... Do I have a couple of weeks before I need to get it touched up?

Any recommendations will be appreciated!
wtf couple things: your trunklid is not aluminum. it's gonna rust pretty quickly. how would you even consider NOT making this f*cktard pay for it? did you call the cops? this thread is retarded. i don't even know why i replied
Old 12-22-2004, 02:07 PM
This is a democracy

take it to his father, and make them pay for it, thats get it done quick to minimize the damage and potential for rust
Old 12-22-2004, 02:15 PM
It's chrome alright...

Depending on how old the kid is the parent may not be responsible. IMO he *should* pay but that doesn't mean he'll have to pay. Definitely ask but ask nicely because if he says no there may not be much you can do about it.

How old is the kid?
Old 12-22-2004, 03:48 PM

Hey

The kid is in 5th grade so I guess 12?

Im 18 and when I found out I wasnt that hard on the kid... I was just like what are you doing and why are you throwing ***** around my car and around the house...

Didnt really say much because I was that age at one time, but dont remember doing anything that stupid...

My dad said he was going to see if the home insurance would pay for it but I said we should talk to his parents and have them pay for it...

I need to get this done quick and my uncle does auto painting for a living so Im hoping maybe he can do it after Christams is over... I defintely dont want rust
Old 12-22-2004, 06:21 PM
Always sunny in philly

put the kids over your lap, and beat him until the money shoots out of his assss.

seriously, their dad should pay for it.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:52 PM

first, let the kid get a f'n *** wooping by your brother, then hit his dad up for dinero. if no go, f'n jack the dads car and let them know how it feels.... sorry, i jsut hate stupid people, especially those who think the world revolves aroudn them. i hope that kid dies...

again, im sorry man. good luck. keep us posted.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:52 PM

Go over to the kid's house and have his dad pay for EVERYTHING! no if's no but's
I hope you reply letting us know what the kid's dad said about the whole situation.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by lokobreed
The kid is in 5th grade so I guess 12?

Im 18 and when I found out I wasnt that hard on the kid... I was just like what are you doing and why are you throwing ***** around my car and around the house...

Didnt really say much because I was that age at one time, but dont remember doing anything that stupid...

My dad said he was going to see if the home insurance would pay for it but I said we should talk to his parents and have them pay for it...

I need to get this done quick and my uncle does auto painting for a living so Im hoping maybe he can do it after Christams is over... I defintely dont want rust
Don't go the home insurance route if you can help it. It will increase you parent's premiums.

Since you got family connections maybe you could get a special rate to offer the parent of the kid. That way you get the car fixed, the parent gets a break (after all that's not the only stupid thing the kid will ever do!) and your uncle gets some business.

GoodLuck,
Old 12-22-2004, 08:24 PM

Hey

Ill keep you all posted... Hopefully it all works out
Old 12-23-2004, 05:46 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

[QUOTE=jackiss2888] i hope that kid dies...QUOTE]

I agree he must love his car like I do mine, but was this really necessary? If the dad doesn't pay for it then let the kid know how unwelcome he is at your home when he goes there. There's no reason to wish a child to die because of a gash on a car.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:33 AM
It's chrome alright...

Originally Posted by ThunderMaxi
I agree he must love his car like I do mine, but was this really necessary? If the dad doesn't pay for it then let the kid know how unwelcome he is at your home when he goes there. There's no reason to wish a child to die because of a gash on a car.

That guy needs to relax a little. It's a piece of metal, get it fixed.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:13 AM

god, didnt know a 12 year old could be so stupid. id expect that out of my 4-year old cousin
Old 12-23-2004, 10:51 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I would definitely go ask the dad, as a parent you are responsible for the actions of your minor children. That being said, you may want to tell the dad you would rather not call the police on a 12 year old, if they pay, you will just let them handle it in their own home without getting the authorities involved and having to have their son have a record. Of course, try to come across as not threatening, but rather trying to be reasonable and helping them keep this in house. Good luck