4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Help guys...is this a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2000, 06:27 PM

Found a 97 SE, sapphire blue w/ black leather, 38k miles, 5 spd., Bose, sunroof, climate control...absolutely flawless. Talked the dealer down to $16k. Is this reasonable?
Old 10-10-2000, 06:55 PM

Originally posted by unlimitedZ [Patrick]
Found a 97 SE, sapphire blue w/ black leather, 38k miles, 5 spd., Bose, sunroof, climate control...absolutely flawless. Talked the dealer down to $16k. Is this reasonable?
i goy my about 4 month ago and paid $17,000 with 3yr. warr. 4 new tires and a new battery, the car had 26,086 mls on it.( in new jersey)
Old 10-10-2000, 07:37 PM

Sounds like a fair deal to me. Here in NC the Max is a hot used car. Can't hardly find one even on a Nissan dealer used car lot. Bought my 95 GLE from a friend who got him a 01 Maxima.
Old 10-10-2000, 07:45 PM

Originally posted by Mike Cline
Sounds like a fair deal to me. Here in NC the Max is a hot used car. Can't hardly find one even on a Nissan dealer used car lot. Bought my 95 GLE from a friend who got him a 01 Maxima.
i think it sounds like agood deal just make sure you test drive it. take it to get check, check under the car for any leaks.
Old 10-10-2000, 07:53 PM

Be sure to get the previous name and number, give em a call and ask if the car had any problems. The seller should do that without any hesitation. If he won't I would be leary.
Old 10-10-2000, 08:06 PM

Be sure to get the previous name and number, give em a call and ask if the car had any problems. The seller should do that without any hesitation. If he won't I would be leary.
i tried that but it didn't work
Old 10-10-2000, 08:10 PM

Originally posted by 97GLES
Why didn't work about it?
Old 10-10-2000, 08:14 PM

dealer didn't want to give that info. out ( private info.)
Old 10-10-2000, 08:18 PM

That is a bunch of bull&%%^ on the dealer's part. If they won't give you that info go buy from somebody else. They are trying to hide something.
Old 10-10-2000, 08:29 PM

That is a bunch of bull&%%^ on the dealer's part. If they won't give you that info go buy from somebody else. They are trying to hide something.
well i got the car for about 4 months now and i haven't had any problems ( thank GOD )
Old 10-10-2000, 10:16 PM
TommyBoiSxty9

Sounds good... cept I'll take mine white... WITH BLACK LEATHER>.. god why can't I find a white one with black leather... GRRR and also with auto and less miles for 16k hee hee
Whats the saphire like, is it a very metallic dark blue or sorta dull? There's a color ford had on TBirds & F-150's called Midnight Blue it was a dark Royal/Navy Blue Metallic that was absolutely gorgeous at nite... anything like that?

Old 10-10-2000, 10:18 PM
TommyBoiSxty9

LOL I see your from Buffalo... what dealer? Mike Barney or Southtowns? I hated Southtowns, I thought they were so rude... that's where I offered 14,500 for the white SE. MB Nissan had a white SE but sold it...

Old 10-11-2000, 10:49 AM

well its on a dealer lot so thats not likely. Also it was purchased at auction in Florida.
Old 10-11-2000, 10:51 AM

Originally posted by TommyBoiSxty9
Sounds good... cept I'll take mine white... WITH BLACK LEATHER>.. god why can't I find a white one with black leather... GRRR and also with auto and less miles for 16k hee hee
Whats the saphire like, is it a very metallic dark blue or sorta dull? There's a color ford had on TBirds & F-150's called Midnight Blue it was a dark Royal/Navy Blue Metallic that was absolutely gorgeous at nite... anything like that?
I dont know if sapphire blue is the name Nissan uses for it, it is the name of the factory blue paint on my 300ZX TT.
Its a dark, midnight blue...very nice.
The same dealer has a white 97 SE 5 spd., 44k miles, exterior is totally clean but the leather is pretty beat. $16.5k.
Old 10-11-2000, 12:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

well its on a dealer lot so thats not likely. Also it was purchased at auction in Florida.
You can get the free basic background check from http://www.carfax.com all you need is the VIN number. If the dealer is reputable, tell him that you are willing to buy it if they show you a complete carfax history report. It only cost $15 or $20 dollars.
My sister bought an altima and the dealer had a full carfax report for every car on the lot...nice selling helper.
Old 10-13-2000, 06:56 AM

Run the V.I.N. through carfax.com. If it comes up legit, sounds like a good deal to me. Also, check the retail value at Edmunds.com or KBB.com