Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999-6/)
-   -   Pics of CM red/clears on black Maxima (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999/315293-pics-cm-red-clears-black-maxima.html)

Stephen Max 08-03-2005 05:14 AM

Pics of CM red/clears on black Maxima

I didn't see any recent threads on this, so I'm going to post my pics in a new thread.

Installation took a lot of work to get just right, but I'm happy with the results.

http://www.doubleshotsindustries.com.../Image011b.jpg

http://www.doubleshotsindustries.com.../Image012b.jpg

knight71 08-03-2005 05:25 AM

:doublethu looks good Bro!!..do the turn signals light up amber?

Mmmaxx 08-03-2005 06:05 AM

Hmm, for some reason the clear lense in the first image doesn't look that great. In the second picture it looks good though.

What kind of work was needed for the install to get it just right? Seems like parts like these should be a perfect fit.

Majestic 08-03-2005 06:17 AM

Looks good.

Originally Posted by Mmmaxx
What kind of work was needed for the install to get it just right? Seems like parts like these should be a perfect fit.

:sprint:

Blu 08-03-2005 06:26 AM

eh I'll stick to the David L's. For some reason these just dont fit the look of the car IMO. Looks almost like a photoshop even though I know its not.

happyricefob 08-03-2005 06:36 AM

wow...it makes the car looks a lot "newer"

tigerxp17 08-03-2005 06:45 AM

+1

(10 character sucks)

mendon99 08-03-2005 06:49 AM

looks good, nice car

Stephen Max 08-03-2005 07:14 AM

Hmm, for some reason the clear lense in the first image doesn't look that great. In the second picture it looks good though.

What do you not like about the first image? The amber bulb?

They are by no means a perfect fit. I had to do some dremeling on the lights to shorten the bolt tower thingies and I had to enlarge the bolt holes in the trunk a bit.

deezo 08-03-2005 07:19 AM

They look good. At least now there is something to match the front diamond cut corners.

kodomo 08-03-2005 07:23 AM

looks sharp. makes me reconsider getting altezzas now. maybe i should get red/clears instead :P

Stillen Maxima 08-03-2005 07:48 AM

Beautifull looks very nice!! :sprint:

MDeezy 08-03-2005 08:00 AM

Looks very good. A bit too shinny but still amazing, I cant complain cause for years people have been dying for some red/clears for the 95/96'ers

zad1 08-03-2005 08:12 AM

looks good man i ordered a set from c.m i should get them soon

Loe max 08-03-2005 08:43 AM

I love the look

enomik-1 08-03-2005 09:15 AM

Oooh shyt, I spotted your max at Chevron on Brodie Ln.. I told my lil
Bro I thought you had one of the Cleanest 95-96 Maximas in Austin.
Clean, Mean, and Simple.. and word has it fast too.. I tried to catch up to ya
but by time I got back Chrvron you where gone.. Anyway Im Eric and I live in
Austin to.. I love the way they look on your max..

Stephen Max 08-03-2005 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by MDeezy
Looks very good. A bit too shinny but still amazing, I cant complain cause for years people have been dying for some red/clears for the 95/96'ers

They are very shiny. It took me a while to get used to them. I had all-red tails before, which were very subtle looking. These are very eye-catching.

Stephen Max 08-03-2005 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by enomik-1
Oooh shyt, I spotted your max at Chevron on Brodie Ln.. I told my lil
Bro I thought you had one of the Cleanest 95-96 Maximas in Austin.
Clean, Mean, and Simple.. and word has it fast too.. I tried to catch up to ya
but by time I got back Chrvron you where gone.. Anyway Im Eric and I live in
Austin to.. I love the way they look on your max..

Hi Erik, sorry I missed you. Are you coming to the Austin meet at the end of the month?

86maxima96 08-03-2005 10:08 AM

they look really good, IMO. everytime i see a pic on here, I want to order them. are these from the first or second batch? (is the 2nd even in yet?) i hope the 2nd fits like stock. i would order them then.

MDeezy 08-03-2005 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Stephen Max
They are very shiny. It took me a while to get used to them. I had all-red tails before, which were very subtle looking. These are very eye-catching.

I remember your all red tails, they looked well done. I think these tails are still great, I think they look great on a white max.

99Automagic 08-03-2005 10:29 AM

I remember a few weeks back, there was a thread where everyone was hating on these. Now people love it?

Anyways, I think any red clears look better than the stock ambers. those are quite shiney though. Still nice.

Dubbya 08-03-2005 10:47 AM

What did you do with your all reds? :calder:

Edit...

Oh yeah the new set up is a :doublethu:

papasmurf 08-03-2005 10:48 AM

Where? Where? Where? is the question I want to know where do you order these from, and yes I know do a search and I am working on that but wow these things just look great, they really give the car that pop that it needs on the back end. There are all these mods to upgrade the front of the car but really the back needs some help to and now I hate Altezzas, and I had Gen I's for like 3 years. And now I have my new 96 and I want to do these. They look great man.

Bruce

Dubbya 08-03-2005 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by papasmurf
Where? Where? Where? is the question I want to know where do you order these from, and yes I know do a search and I am working on that but wow these things just look great, they really give the car that pop that it needs on the back end. There are all these mods to upgrade the front of the car but really the back needs some help to and now I hate Altezzas, and I had Gen I's for like 3 years. And now I have my new 96 and I want to do these. They look great man.

Bruce

Check the G/D Forum.

WielkiWaac 08-03-2005 10:49 AM

good job, looks great

Stephen Max 08-03-2005 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by 86maxima96
they look really good, IMO. everytime i see a pic on here, I want to order them. are these from the first or second batch? (is the 2nd even in yet?) i hope the 2nd fits like stock. i would order them then.

First batch. Supposedly the fitment issues have been addressed, but you better get first hand info on that.

Stephen Max 08-03-2005 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Dubbya
What did you do with your all reds? :calder:

Sitting in my shed. I'll let you have first dibs.

Stephen Max 08-03-2005 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by papasmurf

Bruce

Thanks for the compliments.

http://www.customenterprise.com/view.../vts/design017

mbandi 08-03-2005 11:13 AM

Hey Stephen Max,

I took out my amber turn signal bulbs and put an extremely light coat of aluminum spray paint on mine to get rid of the amber reflection in the lense. It looks much better. I did it after the picture below was taken, and by the way, nice Max!

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...05_12_full.jpg

zad1 08-03-2005 11:16 AM

i orderd my red and clears from custom maxima from the 2nd batch but mbandi why dont you just use a white bulb in the turn signal light?
i know by law you are required to have the amber but i know around here the cops dont care

mbandi 08-03-2005 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by zad1
i orderd my red and clears from custom maxima from the 2nd batch but mbandi why dont you just use a white bulb in the turn signal light?
i know by law you are required to have the amber but i know around here the cops dont care

Because I want it to flash amber, not white. I personally don't like the look with a white bulb. IMO

SlamdMax98 08-03-2005 11:20 AM

definately looking good stephen.. ill have to check them out in person here sometime soon

zad1 08-03-2005 11:21 AM

I personally don't like the look with a white bulb. IMO
tru tru but you arent the one looking at it flash white when you are drivin

mike96 08-03-2005 11:25 AM

it looks really nice , i would of liked them more to be a just red/clear without the diamondcuts but i guess we gotta stick with this .... 2 thumps up for CM!

2 Da Max 08-03-2005 11:25 AM

man the tails give the car even a more clean look

cardana24 08-03-2005 11:27 AM

looks nice :woot2:

for the guys who are complaining about the amber bulbs, just get the silverstar bulbs, they are clearish/blue but when they are on they light up amber, so you get looks and you get the legal amber.

wed3k 08-03-2005 11:31 AM

looks hella sweet.

zad1 08-03-2005 11:37 AM

who ever said i was complaining

for the guys who are complaining about the amber bulbs, just get the silverstar bulbs, they are clearish/blue but when they are on they light up amber, so you get looks and you get the legal amber.
:deezo:

MidwestMaX1 08-03-2005 11:51 AM

Naw, I put some titanium coated ambers in where my cornering lights are... They show up orange as hell, but when I have my lights off, you can't even tell they're there....

A 95/96er with the CE red/clears should try putting these in... they're pretty cheap... I'm assuming they would work in taking that slight bit of orange out where the turn signal's at... Unless of course you're into that kinda shiet... I personally think it's pretty bada$$..

DuMKuH 08-03-2005 03:21 PM

The clears look VERY nice, even though they have that amber and your car is the cleanest 95/96 I have ever seen!:doublethu