Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999-6/)
-   -   Dash light went out, none of my gauges light up anymore (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999/332018-dash-light-went-out-none-my-gauges-light-up-anymore.html)

loverholic 12-02-2005 12:20 AM

Dash light went out, none of my gauges light up anymore

guys i need a lil help here, i was installing my radio and my dash light went out, when i trun my key to ON my CE light nad my seatbelt light and my brake light and all the other warning lights comes on but, when i turn my head lamp on the gauges dont light up.
is there a fuse anywhere that could possibly be burnt
i know it can still light because there is this orange illumination wire on the radio harness and whenever i touch it to the power wiree in the harness the gauges light up, so i know its not burned.
do you all know if there is a fuse anywhere that i need to know about, the fuse box didnt say anything about dash light

jcy98maxse 12-02-2005 01:25 AM

check your fuses underneath the dash. I forgot which one but thats ur problem

mendon99 12-02-2005 04:48 AM

you blew a fuse. most likely because you have an exposed wire touching metal behind the deck you just installed, or you've connected two wires that weren't suppose to be connected

check the back of the fuse panel door for a schematic on wich fuse is which, it should be called 'interior illumination', or something like that... theres extra fuses on the right planted vertically. try and find the short first tho!

loverholic 12-02-2005 12:45 PM

i checked the fuse box under the dash and i didnt see anything about illumination, but i am about to go check again.

maxgtr2000 12-02-2005 12:47 PM

The fuse should say INT ILL it should be in the middle column, it's a 7.5 amp. Make sure all your wires are covered properly/not shorted out before changing the fuse else will just blow again.:bonk:

86maxima96 12-02-2005 04:09 PM

uh, not to accuse you of being dumb or anything, but maybe you turned the dimmer knob all the way off...? i put the chrome gauge rings on my gauges and when I replaced the bezel, i must have turned the knob off and freaked when my lights weren't 'working'.

otherwise, i would check fuses closely also.

Stillen Maxima 12-02-2005 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by 86maxima96
uh, not to accuse you of being dumb or anything, but maybe you turned the dimmer knob all the way off...? i put the chrome gauge rings on my gauges and when I replaced the bezel, i must have turned the knob off and freaked when my lights weren't 'working'.

I must agree with you!!

86maxima96 12-02-2005 04:15 PM

yeah, i felt dumb when i realized what it was. i was just nervous about taking the gauges out in the first place and when the lights weren't bright, i freaked! and then i realized... :vqman:

Stillen Maxima 12-02-2005 04:27 PM

yeah, i felt dumb when i realized what it was. i was just nervous about taking the gauges out in the first place and when the lights weren't bright, i freaked! and then i realized... :vqman:

It happends to the best of us!!

Nickel 12-02-2005 04:42 PM

samething happen to me, I was washing my dash and i pass threw the dime lights botton.

your not alone :redbounce

loverholic 12-03-2005 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by maxgtr2000
The fuse should say INT ILL it should be in the middle column, it's a 7.5 amp. Make sure all your wires are covered properly/not shorted out before changing the fuse else will just blow again.:bonk:

thnkas man. that was it,i checked all the 10amp fuses and a few of teh 7.5, that was the only 7.5 i did not check
:jeffy:

lol that was the first thing i checked, i washed my car once and when it got dark i turned my light on and they didnt comeon and i freaked out to, i drove the whole night without the dash light the next morning i woke up and i though to myself, i never checked the dimmer nub, i started laughing at myself because i was so sure that was it, and it was. lol

loverholic 12-03-2005 07:23 AM

its reasons like this that we just gotta love teh org. even when u make a dumb mistake, there's always the org where you can run to for help
THANKS GUYS :doublethu

Ogon620 09-25-2015 07:42 PM

Me too

Originally Posted by maxgtr2000 (Post 3741966)

I have the same problem but mine wasn't the dimmer and I don't see any 7.5 fuses or in ill I have a 2004 maxima someone please help!