Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999-6/)
-   -   Need To Trick My Cousin From Out Of Town !!! (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999/346089-need-trick-my-cousin-out-town.html)

euser985 03-14-2006 08:46 PM

Need To Trick My Cousin From Out Of Town !!!

I know this is a funny and unique request, but i was wondering if you guys could help me out lol. My cousin is coming from out of town for 3 days, and everytime he is over here he always asks to borrow my car while im at work. I can never say no to him but at the same time i don't want him driving my car because of his known driving habits. I want to temporarily do something to my car to make him think it's not in the condition to be driven. Now im not talking about the car not starting at all because he will be seeing me use it, i just want him to think that the Use should be limited, or else the car will get worse and die on me. Perhaps something that will make it shake, or make the engine or exhaust sound loud, etc. lol. Im guessing pulling a wire or 2 would make this happen. please let me know what i can possibly do to trick him with an easy fix after he leaves. Thanks for the support.

NCSU_MAX 03-14-2006 08:50 PM

pull out the MAF sensor or the fuse for the fuel pump :thumbsup:

9maxima5 03-14-2006 08:53 PM

make the check engine light come on and say that it cant be drive or else.

euser985 03-14-2006 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by NCSU_MAX
pull out the MAF sensor or the fuse for the fuel pump :thumbsup:

now what would that do, make noise or shake?

the_3d_man 03-14-2006 08:54 PM

Drive it into a wall... that'll keep your cousin from driving it!!

Or... you could just tell him no...

VEvolution 03-14-2006 08:55 PM

The car wouldn't run without a fuel pump fuse.

euser985 03-14-2006 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by the_3d_man
Drive it into a wall... that'll keep your cousin from driving it!!

Or... you could just tell him no...

he is much older than me, so it would be very disrespectful to just say no :hmmph:

NCSU_MAX 03-14-2006 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by VEvolution
The car wouldn't run without a fuel pump fuse.

exactly.

pulling the MAF will make the car sound like it hates you

kbmaxima 03-14-2006 09:03 PM

+1 on the fuel pump fuse. it freaked me out even when i was changing my fuel filter and i knew what was going to happen.

Fr33way™ 03-14-2006 09:03 PM

"I wish I could, but I'm not comfortable with it." If you're not, you're not. If he cant accept that then you really shouldn't be worried about what he thinks in the first place.

euser985 03-14-2006 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Fr33way
"I wish I could, but I'm not comfortable with it." If you're not, you're not. If he cant accept that then you really shouldn't be worried about what he thinks in the first place.

im asking for car help, i don't need a psychologist. if you can't be helpful, don't post. and where did you even get that quote, i never wrote that haha

Fr33way™ 03-14-2006 09:11 PM

I meant that's what you say....

Grow a pair dude.

SEmy2K2go 03-14-2006 09:12 PM

You want to temporarily make your car run bad or loud? On purpose? Yeah, that's funny.

euser985 03-14-2006 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Fr33way
I meant that's what you say....

Grow a pair dude.

dont tell me to grow a pair, your from atlanta .... DUDE

euser985 03-14-2006 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by NCSU_MAX
exactly.

pulling the MAF will make the car sound like it hates you

that sounds too dangerous lol

i remember i had some wiring under the front passengers seat that was cut and it made my whole car shake up until i fixed it for like $35 bucks. do you know what that is?

MDeezy 03-14-2006 09:16 PM

Un plug the Maf, unplug the o2 sensor to trip a cel, un plug a coil, disconnect any sensor under the hood.

Do you really need our help for this?

I simply dont understand how you cant tell the person, you dont want to let them drive you car. Sound rather foolish, and like you have some serious issues, but I dont know the whole story so follow above advice.

Metal Maxima 03-14-2006 09:17 PM

Hook the horn relay up to the brake lights. Everytime he steps on the brake, HONK.

Fr33way™ 03-14-2006 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by euser985
dont tell me to grow a pair, your from atlanta .... DUDE

That was a well thought out insult, minus the fact that you cant man up to your own family...

MDeezy 03-14-2006 09:22 PM

why dont you offer to drive them where ever instead of lending your car?

Puppetmaster 03-14-2006 09:25 PM

Disconnect the battery....

And "No" means "No"......

DominanceX 03-14-2006 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by MDeezy

hes at work..thats y..:tardsmash

leave the car on bricks.....:doublethu

Krannick 03-14-2006 09:26 PM

unplug a coil-pack....when youre out of sight of him, replug it :P

euser985 03-14-2006 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by MDeezy

well read my original, "while im at work". and he doesn't really have bad driving habits, im just being selfish LOL. just don't want relatives to see this side of me haha.

i remember i had some wiring under the front passengers seat that was cut and it made my whole car shake up until i fixed it for like $35 bucks. do you know what that is?

tavarish 03-14-2006 09:27 PM

I know this is a funny and unique request, but i was wondering if you guys could help me out lol. My cousin is coming from out of town for 3 days, and everytime he is over here he always asks to borrow my car while im at work. I can never say no to him but at the same time i don't want him driving my car because of his known driving habits. I want to temporarily do something to my car to make him think it's not in the condition to be driven. Now im not talking about the car not starting at all because he will be seeing me use it, i just want him to think that the Use should be limited, or else the car will get worse and die on me. Perhaps something that will make it shake, or make the engine or exhaust sound loud, etc. lol. Im guessing pulling a wire or 2 would make this happen. please let me know what i can possibly do to trick him with an easy fix after he leaves. Thanks for the support.

This crap is off topic, and you should really be able to stand up to your own family. No one in my family drives my car except me, and no one seems to have a problem with it, and me and my cousin are very close as well. Be a man, tell him he can't drive your car. Easy as that. Don't lie to him, that's being a bit juvenile.

D-Bo 03-14-2006 09:28 PM

Seriously you would go through all that rather than say "I'm not gonna let you borrow my car"?

Metal Maxima 03-14-2006 09:29 PM

Dude, grow some balls and just tell him no.

MDeezy 03-14-2006 09:29 PM

well read my original, "while im at work". and he doesn't really have bad driving habits, im just being selfish LOL. just don't want relatives to see this side of me haha.

Yea I missed that part the first time, I saw it now.

No wiring under the passenger seat that I can think of that would make the car shake, Only thing under there should be for heated seats and power seats.

Just trip a cel, unplug the o2 sensor in the front of the engine bay, cel will come on, and you'll get bad MPG, plus it will probably smell pretty gassy.

D-Bo 03-14-2006 09:29 PM

Since you've said that twice it seems you already know what you want to do...

SEmy2K2go 03-14-2006 09:30 PM

Just slash your own tires and call it a day.

DominanceX 03-14-2006 09:31 PM

Freddy ...can i borrow your car...? ;)

Fr33way™ 03-14-2006 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Metal Maxima
Dude, grow some balls and just tell him no.

He is from NYC you cant tell him that....

Puppetmaster 03-14-2006 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by SEmy2K2go
Just slash your own tires and call it a day.

:sprint:

At this point, I'm sure you'll be able to get lots of .Org help doing that if you can't do it yourself...

Metal Maxima 03-14-2006 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
At this point, I'm sure you'll be able to get lots of .Org help doing that if you can't do it yourself...

roooooofles :jump:

tavarish 03-14-2006 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by DominanceX
Freddy ...can i borrow your car...? ;)

Only when i'm at work.

nismology 03-14-2006 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by DominanceX
leave the car on bricks.....:doublethu

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAA.....:rofl::thumbsup:

Metal Maxima 03-14-2006 09:34 PM

you act like this is some club lmao I asked a question it was answered then you smart guys come in here and go off in a tandum about dumb stuff. I say get back on topic and more of you come in here... Its pointless to argue with you guys lmao grown *** men in here trying to proove a point over the internet. I just find it amazing that people over the age of 25 still do this stuff get a damn life lol...

DominanceX 03-14-2006 09:35 PM

if all else fails....give me the car...:mardi: :p

but no seriously..u should be able to just say no...if not..then deal with ur cousin drivng ur car....might sound harsh but its reality
i would suggest not doing anythign to ur car ...might end up messing up somethign and regreting it...

nismology 03-14-2006 09:36 PM

you act like this is some club lmao I asked a question it was answered then you smart guys come in here and go off in a tandum about dumb stuff. I say get back on topic and more of you come in here... Its pointless to argue with you guys lmao grown *** men in here trying to proove a point over the internet. I just find it amazing that people over the age of 25 still do this stuff get a damn life lol...

:shock: What happens in..........................:nono::Police:

Puppetmaster 03-14-2006 09:36 PM

This bandwagon sh1t just isn't funny anymore :rotz:

SEmy2K2go 03-14-2006 09:37 PM

Dan Dan Dan...:sadwavey: O/T