Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999-6/)
-   -   PLEASE, where is the "ignition signal primary circuit"? (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999/351531-please-where-ignition-signal-primary-circuit.html)

slicey 04-24-2006 03:28 PM

PLEASE, where is the "ignition signal primary circuit"?

i'm getting code 0201 w/ the above explanation from my haynes manual as being at fault. i can not locate what i assume to be a wire from the schematic. is it even a wire or could it be inside the ECM? my car is missing cylinder(s) at idle and jerking under acceleration. whoaaa is me, just went through dirty injectors and a coil pack problem, now this.
thanks for any info.

diymaximakid 04-24-2006 04:06 PM

maybe a short?

Dexter 04-24-2006 04:22 PM

jerking under acceleration <- could also mean you need your tranny fluid changed, did you check to see if your tranny fluid is still good?

slicey 04-24-2006 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dexter
jerking under acceleration <- could also mean you need your tranny fluid changed, did you check to see if your tranny fluid is still good?

DUDE, are you for real? READ what i posted, then think before you respond w/ your response!

RockfordMax 04-24-2006 04:43 PM

um..... he was throwing out an opinion, and honestly, a valid one. There is no need to belittle him mr 58 posts. IS your trans fluid good? if it is, oh well, no harm done, if it isnt, could be the cause.

slicey 04-24-2006 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by diymaximakid
maybe a short?

gee, i sure would like to check that out. lemme go inspect that wire................oh yea, where the hell is! please, where are the smart orgers?

slicey 04-24-2006 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by RockfordMax
um..... he was throwing out an opinion, and honestly, a valid one. There is no need to belittle him mr 58 posts. IS your trans fluid good? if it is, oh well, no harm done, if it isnt, could be the cause.

it's an ignition issue. code 0201 reports this. how does my car idle poorly if my tranny fluid is overdue? if your response isn't directly related to my question w/o being plausible, then don't bother posting! post count mean NOTHING, fool.

KsuMax 04-25-2006 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by slicey
it's an ignition issue. code 0201 reports this. how does my car idle poorly if my tranny fluid is overdue? if your response isn't directly related to my question w/o being plausible, then don't bother posting! post count mean NOTHING, fool.

Silly you, 16 year olds know everything :nervous:

SPiG 04-25-2006 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by 4th gen stickies

If you don't want his help then don't read it. Although his post was not directly related to the code, some of you problems may not be related to the code either. It is something to check. If you expect a handout you can't be too choosy with your responses. Age, post count, etc. might not mean much, but if you are a prick to those who try to help you, then people are going to start to turn around and do the same to you.

Electrical problems are not something easily diagnosed over a internet forum. You might just have to take it to a shop who can test it better if you don't like what we can give you.

kormax97 04-25-2006 11:42 AM

Be nice. Your 37. :)
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7859/51cg1.jpg

eng92 04-25-2006 11:49 AM

Is it a constant misfire or intermittent?

Did you try unplugging the coils one at a time and see if there is one that did not make the misfire worse?

Is DTC 0201 the only code you are getting?

DcMaN 04-25-2006 12:07 PM

ever changed the spark plugs? Pretty much its saying check anything ignition related... Coils, injectors, plugs i would try that first. Then look at the camshaft sensor, crank shaft sensor(s). I highly doubt the sensors are bad because they are magnetic but it happens. Unplug each coil at a time with the engine running... See which one has no effect on the engine. That could be your issue i would suggest you change your plugs and fuel filter if you havnt lately.

BlackMaxdout 04-25-2006 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by DcMaN
Then look at the camshaft sensor, crank shaft sensor(s). I highly doubt the sensors are bad because they are magnetic but it happens.

sometimes the crank sensors get loaded up with metal shavings and screw around with the signals they produce. I had to clean my crank sensor (POS, not piece of ****, it refers to which one) because it was completely covered in crap.

Also, you said you changed coils....unplug them and make sure you didn't bend any pins of the connectors. I accidentally bent one when I redid my coils, and it took me a while to figure out what it was.

slicey 04-25-2006 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by eng92
Is it a constant misfire or intermittent?

Did you try unplugging the coils one at a time and see if there is one that did not make the misfire worse?

Is DTC 0201 the only code you are getting?

[1] intermittent, engine not nearly shakey as when coil pack #5 died two months ago.
[2] no, just unplugged all for spraying all the connectors w/ electrical contact cleaner.
[3] only code 0201, which from the sticky is puzzling.

slicey 04-25-2006 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by DcMaN
ever changed the spark plugs? Pretty much its saying check anything ignition related... Coils, injectors, plugs i would try that first. Then look at the camshaft sensor, crank shaft sensor(s). I highly doubt the sensors are bad because they are magnetic but it happens. Unplug each coil at a time with the engine running... See which one has no effect on the engine. That could be your issue i would suggest you change your plugs and fuel filter if you havnt lately.

ngk plugs 2 months ago. 2 new coils, 2 new injectors, all injectors pro cleaned; all of this two months ago.
now, when i unplug each coil, i know my engine will become uniformly shakey. so what i shoud be trying to detect is wheather or not the behavior i listed in my thread has gone away? when/if this happens, i'm closer to a resolution. does this seem logical?

slicey 04-25-2006 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by BlackMaxdout
sometimes the crank sensors get loaded up with metal shavings and screw around with the signals they produce. I had to clean my crank sensor (POS, not piece of ****, it refers to which one) because it was completely covered in crap.

Also, you said you changed coils....unplug them and make sure you didn't bend any pins of the connectors. I accidentally bent one when I redid my coils, and it took me a while to figure out what it was.

funny you mentioned bent coil pins as i did this to one when replacing my plugs. although this would really make motor run/feel crappy.

slicey 04-25-2006 01:37 PM

i'm off to have a look see at those two sensors! thanks for recent assistance, fellas.

slicey 04-29-2006 02:11 AM

update by slicey

cleaned above mentioned sensors to no avail, but alas, i found when disconnecting the plug to cylinder #1's coil pack, i've narrowed my problem down. will be testing it soon. later