Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999-6/)
-   -   loud "bang" when accelarating (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999/359243-loud-bang-when-accelarating.html)

max ride 41 06-27-2006 07:40 PM

loud "bang" when accelarating

i got a loud band second time i heard this when i punched it and had to let off before i think the trans shifted all the way. dealer said not to worry, and first time it happened was a year ago. i don't feel any problems with trans except hard shifting and it jumps a little going from 1st to second. fluid was changed 6 months ago at dealer and conditioners where also added. i take care of the car and drive it pretty normally, so just wondering if it might be timing or something else?? thanks in advance>> big b:idea:

Dexter 06-27-2006 08:51 PM

back fire perhaps?

p.s.: don't believe what the dealer tells you cuz they'd luv for your car to f*ck up and you take it to them to get it repaired $$$

get someone you can trust to check it out...

chillin014 06-27-2006 09:09 PM

yeah i had this happen sometimes too. i dont think its a huge deal..but hwne it happens i always feel real bad.

Geophrum 06-27-2006 09:34 PM

backfire? or maybe an engine mount.. i know on my old blazer i had a bad motor mount.. or was it a tranny mount.. cant remember i did both.... but anyways i know that when i punched it it would bang.. and i was told that the torq of the engine twisting then it would drop back down on the mounting points... probably not that if it only happend twice tho.. but.. thought i would mention it

max ride 41 06-27-2006 10:18 PM

yeah, i had them check mounts. trans kickin down real hard. scared the **** outta me, thought i blew the gear out. i'm gonna double check the mounts just to be sure but i think its the trans just kickin real hard outta gear. ( god, i hope that's all it is ).........

Dexter 06-28-2006 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by max ride 41
yeah, i had them check mounts. trans kickin down real hard. scared the **** outta me, thought i blew the gear out. i'm gonna double check the mounts just to be sure but i think its the trans just kickin real hard outta gear. ( god, i hope that's all it is ).........

sounds like your tran is going bad, how many miles are on it? if it is the tranny i'd start hunting for a tranny to swap in once that one goes bad... :vqman:

dgeesaman 06-28-2006 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by max ride 41
dealer said not to worry, and first time it happened was a year ago.

That sounds like something a dealer would say if they are trying to avoid work under warranty.

Dave

max ride 41 07-10-2006 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dexter
sounds like your tran is going bad, how many miles are on it? if it is the tranny i'd start hunting for a tranny to swap in once that one goes bad... :vqman:

about a buck fifty, and fluid looks good. i ain't gonna worry about it, evap's ready to go soon anyway. how much should that cost to fix?? thanks in advance.........:squintdan

scubasteve 07-10-2006 12:57 PM

im going to go with the mount consensus

the_3d_man 07-10-2006 02:07 PM

You might wanna take it back and tell them to add some shampoo this time.