4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Anyone who has "leatherseats.com" seats, please respond.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2001, 03:30 PM

Who ever has them please answer some questions.

Does the leather feel like its "cheap quality"?
What is the hardest part of the installation?
Did the installation tools come with the kit?
And would you recommend them over factory leather seats. (I am also looking at scrap yards for a set)

I am in a group buy (ends june 30) with the altima.net forum. the price will be 560 + shipping. So the faster you can reply, the faster I can get my order in.

thanks,
Old 06-19-2001, 05:07 PM

Originally posted by 95GoldMax

And would you recommend them over factory leather seats. (I am also looking at scrap yards for a set)

I am in a group buy (ends june 30) with the altima.net forum. the price will be 560 + shipping. So the faster you can reply, the faster I can get my order in.

thanks,
I had factory leather, and in many ways, the leatherseats.com covers are superior. The leather and vinyl seem to be of better quality. The fit, for all practical purposes, is perfect. The reason I ordered them was because the front passenger seat back got a tear in it. Courtesy wanted $450 just for that one piece. If I could do it over, the only thing I would do different is get preforated leather for the seating surfaces.

You will need to order hog rings and hog ring pliers from them. Don't think that you can get the pliers at the hardware store or that you can get by with channel-locks. This job can only be done with hog ring pliers, so if you don't have some already, order them.
Old 06-19-2001, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by 95GoldMax

Nope i had it for a while now and the leather looks and feels good.. i get lots of compliments on it..

I had it done for $250.. note i got also got quotes for $600.. but my guess would be the front seats and the hog rings and pliers..

I didn't get the kit.. but its additional price for the installation kit...

well my cousin has a 97 SE and his black leather is all cracked up and old looking.. he really likes mine.. says it looks better than his.. however its nothing compared to my other cousin's leather in his GS400.. that thing is beautiful

thanks,
you won't be dissapointed.. I havn't heard anyone complained about it so far..

Also i just ordered the second tone for my Shift Boot and E brake boot.. it was a breeze to install.. i have black/nickel seats and nickel shift boot and nickel e brake boot
Old 06-23-2001, 05:26 PM
Former Sponsor

AndyXXL has black with silver inserts, and he gave me some good advice... The seats are better than stock... the hardest part of the installation if the door liners where you have to take off the whole door panel...
I'm waiting for my leather seats until they come out with suede for the Max =) then i'mma get me sum fuzzy seats that dont burn my a** in Riverside
Also Eric from leatherseats.com posts sometimes announcing group deals... i'm hopin to get a group deal started when the suede somes out in a month or less
Old 06-23-2001, 06:46 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax

Also i just ordered the second tone for my Shift Boot and E brake boot.. it was a breeze to install.. i have black/nickel seats and nickel shift boot and nickel e brake boot
do you have any pictures of your seats? im thinking about getting some 2 tone covers but im not sure what color i would like to put with black. how does the nickle look?
Old 06-24-2001, 03:48 PM
Former Sponsor

jus go to leatherseats.com... they have some sample pics of maximas... i think they show black and silver, but they show other kits with other colors... +they show all available colors
Old 06-24-2001, 05:23 PM

I have the leatherseat.com seats. they are great. I get lots of compliments on them becasue they look much more luxurious then the stock leather. They sorta look like leather seats you would see in a Linc Towncar. I did not order hog rings or hog ring pliers. I used the existing hog rings and just regular old pliers. Install is a little harder if you do not get the real pliers. Took me about 1 hour to do each part. front seat, passenger seat, and the back seat in two parts. Take extra time on the door panels.
Old 06-25-2001, 10:24 AM
Sincere

Thanks

I want to thank all those people that replied. I appreciate it. I'm the one running the group buy with the Altima.net and I really want to get maxima.org in on this group buy but I NEED ONE MORE PERSON TO ORDER FROM THIS SITE. Anyone interested. PLEASE E-MAIL ME ASAP at DOOWOPNY12@AOL.COM. I know one person said he was definite and I would apprecaite it if he would e-mail me back as well. I need at least one more. If we can get 2 of you guys, they said they will allow maxima.org to be in on this group buy. Thanks Guys.

Old 06-25-2001, 11:36 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I have black/silver leather with silver door inserts. I am very satisfied with the product, looks and feels great. It took me about 2 days (4-5 hours/day) to instal everything (there was no one to help me). And if you wanna instal the covers yourself spend extra $30 or so and get an installation kit.
If any of you guys wanna see some pics shoot me an email and I'll be happy to send you some.
My email is andrey_umass@yahoo.com

Later
Old 06-26-2001, 07:14 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Guys, I just found my old thread with pictures of the leather interior from www.leatherseats.com

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=38104