Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999-6/)
-   -   how many of u? (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999/403002-how-many-u.html)

ethnic6 07-21-2007 02:18 PM

how many of u?

have stopped putting money into ur max? I for one have stopped, don't feel like throwing money into the car anymore. Not that I hate my max I still love it, its just that at this point I think it would be a better investment to save my money up for a newer car... cause no matter what u fix, something else always ends up breaking or needs fixing, its kind of mentally and financially draining... any of u guys have similar feelings?

andrei3333 07-21-2007 02:19 PM

yeah well the car IS 10 y/o

blimblam 07-21-2007 02:24 PM

i was planning on doing things to it before i got it. but now, since it started crapping out on me. i decided im only going to get a system so when i get a different car, i can just move the system into the new car.

NmexMAX 07-21-2007 02:27 PM

http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...99&postcount=1

Back on topic. Still modding or at least planning on it.

hiren_patel_83 07-21-2007 02:37 PM

i believe this is for the 4th gens. But yea i stopped as well. My car is almost at 200k and is barely worth 2000 so I'm not going to put any more in it. Selling it to move on to 6th gen or a the new TL

Neo Raven456 07-21-2007 02:44 PM

I've actually decided just the opposite. My car has about 110k on it, and being 18 and going into college and whatnot I won't be able to afford a new car for a good long while. Not to mention the myriad possibilities of mod ventures you can go with on the max, between adding new floor mats to dropping in a VQ35 or adding a Turbo, no matter how much or how little money you have to throw away into a hobby you can still always count on the max to be there for something.

I know its not the best thing to do while I'm young and going to college but its an addicting hobby =/ granted I'm not going to go dropping $5k on a great turbo, but I'll put out the $100/200 here and there for new lights, HIDs, a system, maybe some rims down the road

blimblam 07-21-2007 04:32 PM

well if you're going to have it for awhile, i would to but my uncle told me my dad was planning on getting me a new car in a few months so i decided to leave it stock.

MaxFanatik 07-21-2007 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by blimblam
well if you're going to have it for awhile, i would to but my uncle told me my dad was planning on getting me a new car in a few months so i decided to leave it stock.

rnt u lucky!

blimblam 07-21-2007 05:09 PM

what's mt?

VTMaxima 07-21-2007 06:31 PM

what's mt?

mt=rnt=aren't

blimblam 07-21-2007 07:54 PM

lol! i thought rn was m...gotta go get my eyes checked again ;p

VIP Maxima 07-21-2007 07:56 PM

i thought i stopped but then i got a supercharger !

max ride 41 07-21-2007 08:01 PM

hmmmmmmmmm, so daddy's buyin u a new whip??? must be nice, tell him i need 1 too. as for me, i'm keepin her for at least 2 more years. so i'm doin the lca's and sway bar links, and i have a new head unit, and a whole new suspension set up. so, as much as i would love to buy somethin newer, maxine is gonna be my girl for awhile yet.:king2:

blimblam 07-21-2007 08:07 PM

its going to be a used car just to get me a ride that won't crap out on me like my max :(

maxima985spd 07-21-2007 08:12 PM

well it's 2007 now

MOHFpro90 07-21-2007 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Neo Raven456
I've actually decided just the opposite. My car has about 110k on it, and being 18 and going into college and whatnot I won't be able to afford a new car for a good long while. Not to mention the myriad possibilities of mod ventures you can go with on the max, between adding new floor mats to dropping in a VQ35 or adding a Turbo, no matter how much or how little money you have to throw away into a hobby you can still always count on the max to be there for something.

I know its not the best thing to do while I'm young and going to college but its an addicting hobby =/ granted I'm not going to go dropping $5k on a great turbo, but I'll put out the $100/200 here and there for new lights, HIDs, a system, maybe some rims down the road

Amen man, I (kinda) know how you feel. Granted I havent dropped 100/200 in the max yet, I still plan on keepin it through college, etc...!

Fr33way™ 07-21-2007 09:02 PM

Besides maintenance items nothing until I put together a turbo setup, and even that may not be on this Maxima.

MaximaBoy04 07-21-2007 09:24 PM

After doing some maintenance I've fallen in love with my Max again. I'm going to keep slowly improving it, I want to eke ~4 years out of it then make a huge jump to something more along the lines of a GT-R, Vette, etc.

darklegend06 07-21-2007 11:13 PM

I'm still putting money into it.

Hopefully I'll be moving to Japan, and you don't really see a MAXIMA there so..

Cefiro yes but not a max

time to save money for export and import fee.

max ride 41 07-22-2007 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by darklegend06
I'm still putting money into it.

Hopefully I'll be moving to Japan, and you don't really see a MAXIMA there so..

Cefiro yes but not a max

time to save money for export and import fee.

tsk, tsk, tsk, you should take that max over there and beat the crap outta their super modded cars that they only spend a measly 30,000 to 70,000 on instead of buyin a house!! i know i would.........:igor&donk

Crooper_Hedder 07-22-2007 11:48 AM

I've gotten all the relatively inexpensive mods, so I just spend money on maintenance. I've pondered getting tints and suspension, but I figure I should spend my money elsewhere.

blimblam 07-22-2007 06:19 PM

i've thought about tint as well. im still not sure whether to get it or not because im getting a system.

NElsonAQuino 07-22-2007 08:22 PM

96 se 5 spd with 89k miles.. 17 yr old... first mod i did was stage 2 clutch, my clutch was burnt so i had to change it.. now after clutch got changed my trans is ****ting out.. so gotta fix that.. after that.. all i plan on doing is give it a nice 2'' drop on k-sport springs, megan cat-back, megan test pipe, injen intake, got the rims already 17'', tints, and 12k HID's.. and call it a day!

99BlackMaxMS 07-22-2007 08:31 PM

Great that the title implies exactly what this thread is about...

Anyways, I just got the car in January and the modding has just begun. Have done a few minor cosmetic mods and tossed in a HAI but the full exhaust is on the way, next will come a MEVI, then drop/rims..and the list can go on.

max95q 07-22-2007 09:35 PM

Theres always going to be something Im going to want to do to this one. With my 88 there was limited stuff so I had to settle for what I could get. With my 95, there are avenues left and right on how to mod this car. So, Ive slowed down but Im thinking maybe once or twice a year Im going to do stuff. Trying to get this wedding going and new careers.

KsuMax 07-22-2007 09:56 PM

Besides maintenance stuff, I'm not spending any more money on mods for my car. I'm saving for a new(er) car and preparing to pay back student loans.

D-Bo 07-23-2007 01:44 AM

I haven't (besides maintenance and repairs) in the last year. I had a backlog of projects (still do).

ethnic6 07-23-2007 03:23 PM

ya, my car needs some things fixed, but I'm just so tired of throwing money in it... if this goes on the money I've put into the car will be worth more than the car itself...

Northern Maxima 07-29-2007 08:17 AM

I stopped...not that I ever put much money into the car but I decided not to follow through on any of the plans I did have. I'm in college so I can't afford to do anything. Plus I commute over 60 miles each way to work so the gas payments alone kill me. If I spend any money its got to be on something better on gas :(

Nismotic 07-29-2007 09:17 AM

its when the mod bug dies off. You've come to realize everything you wanted to do to your car has been completed and that you've spent thousands of dollars doing it. Next mod? buy a new car.

Cdg2125 07-29-2007 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by ethnic6
ya, my car needs some things fixed, but I'm just so tired of throwing money in it... if this goes on the money I've put into the car will be worth more than the car itself...

Exactly how I've felt. I finally realized that the money put into the car to make it nicer and how I wanted was gong to be wasted when the car died in a few years. Then the mods can't really be parted and I wasted a lot of money. I've just posted about selling my 00vi stuff, y pipe, muffler and little stuff, so that was the first step to stopping the obsession till I buy a new car.

sleepymax 07-29-2007 10:28 AM

Not yet,but the G-coupe is calling me...

HomerMAC 07-29-2007 03:30 PM

... my mt tranny is dying.. so i decided while im taking it out.. to put a 01 aniversary engine, tranny, fidanza flywheel, stage 1 clutch.. total projected cost... 3,700$ total with a new brake kit from willwood...

i bought the car originally for 1,800$.... and the value of the car at the time was 5,000$ so long as i dont go above 6,000 i dont feel too bad about putting money into the car.. and its been very loyal to me.. only time I had real trouble was with teh started.. but it started for me that time after a few tries to get me to teh work shop.. and other than that it didnt give me prblem till the tranny...

rite now shes garaged and i work hard to save money over the summer.. and she should be good again...

I lovemy car.. i have every option (including factory infiniti navi from teh limitied 99i30) except the factory phone .. but i have alpine bluetooth..
so for 2700$.. ill pretty much be getting a new lease on this cars life..

theres no way i can afford a new car at this time cause of school and other situations.. if i use that money for downpayment.. i still havet o make a monthly payment of 200-300 and i have to get full insuracne on financed car..

I do all my own work except for the heavy engine and tranny work.. but still get good price on labor.. so i think i said this before when Cesar made a post about him being the last 4th gen.. ill be there with him. only in NY and not NZ

IF i was out of school i would lease a car cause i would have a very steady income.. but rite now.. my car fits my budget.. and im attached to my car.. i bought it on my own with my own money.. i have that first purchased car relationship with it.. and i jsut cant let it go..

pscmj84 07-29-2007 05:39 PM

I have decided that I've got the car as good as I want it for the money I'm willing to put in it. I'll keep the car the way it is for about 2 more years, and then hopefully move on to something else.

I think the problem with modding is once you do one mod, other parts of the car don't seem so good anymore. So, one mod after another and a few dollars later you're ready to move on.